Gull's Landing

Revenant
Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Gull's Landing

#401 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius

Happy that only his ego was injured in the fall, Athan stands up and swings.

Zenith Attack (THAC015): [1d20]=9, Damage [1d8+6]=4+6=10

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#402 Post by tristenc »

Are... you well, m'lady? Nis asks the recovering Lady Gallowhawk tentatively.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#403 Post by Rex »

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#404 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Mave breathes a sigh of relief as her mother's eyes flicker open. Releasing Erel's hand she moves to crouch down beside her father and mother.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#405 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Yes Livel, need to check on them. She says as she enters the forest in the direction the watch captain indicated.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#406 Post by Revenant »

“Art is the child of nature in whom we trace the features of the mothers face.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

In the forest walking the path the guard indicated, Thena and Liviel hear the cries of a wild cat, one shout of pain and anger combined. The two start in the direction of those cries.

Bryne took careful aim and with two well-placed shots ended the life of the mother displacer beast. The child, which was apparent in her cries of sorrow as her mother fell, stopped her attacks on Athan and ran to the fallen larger beast, nuzzling its now still form as if trying to awaken it. It is oblivious to the four warriors around it, that if they choose so, it would be an easy kill. Thena and Liviel reach the clearing and see their companions Kade and Athan bloodied but still standing, and Torvik and Bryne nearby.

------------------------------------------

"Did the carriage run me over?," Lady Gallowhawk asks in answer to Nis's question, looking first to Niserie and then to her daughter. Lord Gallowhawk, tears in his eyes tells his wife to conserve her strength and orders his guards to help carry her to the carriage. He then looks back to Mave, "We need to discuss things, once her injuries are ascertained. I'd like you and your friends to stay at the manor with us and meet with me and your brothers after breakfast. I know you have an appointment with the wizard in the morning, so we will finish our talk before then."

Cosima then approaches, "Milord, we will deliver the remains of the beast to your home to dispose of as you wish. We will be moving on soon and should we see Dirige again, we will turn him over to your men." Lord Gallowhawk nods curtly to the woman.

It is then that Mave and Niserie both notice that Wilwarin, and the man she was talking to, are no longer on the grounds of the fair.

Allies Injured: Athan (-9), Kade (-12), Mave (-2), Lady Gallowhawk (-10), Mediphera (now fully healed)
Enemies Injured: Forest Beast (Dead), Smaller Beast (Uninjured), Fair Beast (Dead).

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#407 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius

This time around Athan does stop fighting, and sheathes his blade - “Perhaps it can be redeemed…?” - he pondered out loud, grabbing some food from his rations and trying to approach the cub with a calm voice, his hands down in a non aggressive posture, and offering the food - “Apologies small one… It had to be done”

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#408 Post by tristenc »

Nis Tsks loudly. It seems my 'cousin' has strayed yet again... gods provide she is in less trouble than last time...

Seeing lady Gallowhawk is seen to, she gives the woman an encouraging gentle hug and some words of comfort as she asks about for the last person to see Wilwayaisawen, and where she might have went...
Last edited by tristenc on Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#409 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Mave nods solemnly at her father's words, agreeing to stay with her parents though she will not speak for the others. She is unsure what is to take place in the morning, but she owes her mother to be by her side tonight.
Last edited by Darithe on Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#410 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Reading the situation, does not attempt anything immediately: Um, does someone want to catch me up?.... There is mayhem amok, under control for the moment, back at the carnival.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#411 Post by Rex »

Bryne

Bryne will grab her 50' of silk rope and try to lasso the little beast.

Lasso [1d20]=11

She has Rope Use (17) or if it is an attack role she has a +2 missile attack adjustment.

"Try and get more than 1 rope on it."

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#412 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius

Athan puts himself between his sister and the small beast - "Give it some time please" - he asks - "Maybe I can coax it with food"

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#413 Post by Revenant »

“Yet wild things have a far more rational fear of us than is ours of them...” ~ Angela Carter

"Mayhem indeed, is all my life has become since I left home,"
Liviel remarks after Thena speaks, "It seems we spend all our time trying to tame it," she think back to their time in Belay.

Bryne tosses her lasso before her brother steps betwixt her and the beast and the rope falls around its neck as it raises it head to let out a wail of sorrow, before again nuzzling its dead mother, apparently unaware the rope is even upon it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Niserie glances about the fair many having scattered to the fringes of camp after the two differing attacks. Behind her Cosima orders her men to bring a wagon to load the beast on. Before her stands the painted squire who danced with Thena muttering, "They always go," though who he is referring to Niserie is unsure. Mediphera along with De'Ath stand behind her and Mediphera asks, "Should we split up and try to find her? She can't have gone far."

I'm going out of town in the morning, so I won't be replying again until Tuesday.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#414 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius
Revenant wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:00 pm “Yet wild things have a far more rational fear of us than is ours of them...” ~ Angela Carter

"Mayhem indeed, is all my life has become since I left home,"
Liviel remarks after Thena speaks, "It seems we spend all our time trying to tame it," she think back to their time in Belay.

Bryne tosses her lasso before her brother steps betwixt her and the beast and the rope falls around its neck as it raises it head to let out a wail of sorrow, before again nuzzling its dead mother, apparently unaware the rope is even upon it.
(So these actions I had posted several posts before had no effect?)
Edeldhur wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:23 pm Athanasius

This time around Athan does stop fighting, and sheathes his blade - “Perhaps it can be redeemed…?” - he pondered out loud, grabbing some food from his rations and trying to approach the cub with a calm voice, his hands down in a non aggressive posture, and offering the food - “Apologies small one… It had to be done”

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#415 Post by Revenant »

No, it did have an effect in that it stopped attacking Athan and has lost any aggression. However, it was overcome with grief for now and ignored the food.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#416 Post by Darithe »

Mave

For now, Mave will remain at the fair to make sure her companions are safe what with so many currently out of sight. She walks over to where Niserie stands and asks if she can help search for Wilwarin.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#417 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik gives Bryne a questioning look "What're ya thinkin Bryne? Tamin' tha thin'? Releasin' it elsewhere?" he asks.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#418 Post by Rex »

Bryne

Bryne will just slip the noose enough so the beast can't slip its head out.

"Yes, both are possible but primarily preventing it from hurting anyone else without killing it."

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#419 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius
Revenant wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:46 pm No, it did have an effect in that it stopped attacking Athan and has lost any aggression. However, it was overcome with grief for now and ignored the food.
Gotcha.

Once the cub seems to be subdued, Athan goes to check on the victim, trying to understand if there is still any hope.

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#420 Post by tristenc »

I am not eager to split up with so many deadly surprises of late... We shluld stick together. Nis asks the painted squire if/ where he saw Wilwayaisawen last, describing her if necessary

Return to “Nocturne (2e)”