Gull's Landing

Revenant
tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Gull's Landing

#341 Post by tristenc »

Nis grins widely, all but preening at the praise. She accepts the green arrow graciously, with a curtsy. Clutching the prize in both of her hands, she giggles. Very kind of you sir, having bested me at the two most difficult targets. A prize for you as well... Hopping forward she gives the archer a peck on the cheek, then giggles as she takes Mediphera's hand and slips away before the Archer can much react.

Giggling she turns back to the more studious witch. What shall we do next? This is your night out too! What do you think? Nis beams at her new friend

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#342 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius

Athan follows the others into the light of the campfire, his blade sheathed - "Well met" - he nods.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#343 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Perhaps another bottle?
She nods to the server, indicating one more for the squire. Has there been any negative talk of his lordship? Unhappiness with the seat of power?

One more question, have you heard anything about the coin issued by this kingdom?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#344 Post by Revenant »

"The heart of another is a dark forest, always, no matter how close it has been to one's own." ~ Willa Cather

Mediphera grins as she watches Nis plant a kiss on the burly archer's cheek, then glancing a moment at Mave. When asked where to go next, Mediphera replies, "Lets go watch this magician and see if we can decipher the ruse behind his tricks. Mave would you care to join us?" In the distance you can see a small crowd of townsfolk watching the magician with the red right hand cause a silver blade to seemingly hang in the air before an amazed young girl who came up from the audience. The girl tentatively moves her hands both below and above the blade trying to see if something holds it in place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Never let it be said that I, Raollin Cindersong, would refuse a drink proffered in friendship," the fiery squire says, "Especially a free drink. Another bottle, yes good Queen of Night." He strokes his beard as Thena asks her questions, "The people are unhappy that he grows richer from their taxes and that they must resort to luring ships to the rocks to make ends meet. This I heard with my very own ears. As to coins, I have heard naught, but that they buy less in some of the Kingdom's realms including the Fallows." He looks to his hands showing they are empty of a bottle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The male elf with the eyepatch and piercings frowns as Torvik enters the camp saying only, "Nogoth," as he swings his bow in the dwarf's direction. But the male elf next to him places a hand on his shoulder as he lowers his own bow, "Now, now, we're all friends here." His companion with the eyepatch seems none too happy but he too lowers his bow. His one good eye looks over the four who entered camp and then to the woods beyond them as if looking for others.

The grey-haired female elf grins. though with the hideous scar on her face that grin hardly seems friendly, "Ah Bryne Valshire, would that be Lady Bryne Valshire of the House Valshire? You are far from home it seems, but then so are we." The red-haired elf nods, "We have seen the cat when we were ourselves hunting for," she says before the grey-haired elf looks her way and that look seems to cut off what she was about to say. The grey-haired elf asks, "Who are your companions Lady Valshire? Please come join us by our fire. Torvik, you said? Welcome to our camp. It is rare to see one of the Naugrim so far from their hearthhome. Would you care to join us for our evening meal? We can then tell you of what we know of this black beast that roams the forest." The red-haired elf moves to the fire and taking a freshly skinned rabbit begins spit roasting it over the fire, "Dinner will be ready soon gentlemen and lady."
Last edited by Revenant on Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#345 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik "Aye, me name is Torvik Shadowhood of tha Ranger's o' tha horn. I dun blamer yer guard there he's just doin' his job. Even if that job was nearly brainin me." he says calmly with mirth.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#346 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Gives the archer a ready smile as she watches her friend gift him with a kiss. Sparing a look to the camp wondering where her family is, she then says to Mediphera, "Of course, I'd be delighted to join you for the show."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"Yes I am that Bryne. A long ways from home, but the calling of a Ranger sometimes calls from a far."

She introduces all the others save Torkik who has already done so himself.

"I thank you for the offer of a meal but I have already attended a great feast tonight and couldn't get anything more down. What can you tell us of this cat?"

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#348 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Smiles at the squires empty hands: Two bottles not lighting up your night?... Do you have nuggets of knowledge to put a third bottle in your hand? If not, we should return to the festivities.

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#349 Post by Revenant »

“Man was made at the end of the week's work when God was tired.” ~ Mark Twain

Mave looks about the camp for her family and note them still talking near the carriage, her brother red in the face and obviously agitated at her father while her mother looks between both of them and then beyond at Mave. Mave looks away and catches sight of Thena and her squire at the refreshments tent.

The squire grins at Thena a little unsteady on his feet, "You good Queen have mined all the nuggets of knowledge left undissolved by the Vagary Moondance. Back to the festivities why yes, a dance round the fire then my Queen?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The red-haired elf is the one who speaks answering Bryne's questions about the cat, "I have only seen its dark shape in the distance east of our campsite. It is fast and stealthy so what I saw was a brief fleeting glimpse of the beast as it darted off into the forest. I can tell you its fur is black and it is easily the biggest cat I've yet seen. And from the remains of its prey, I've discovered it has a prodigious appetite. When hunting, I've found only the blood of its kills so it must have lair nearby. And once I even found the head of a large stag cleanly bitten off at the neck." She pauses as if remembering the sight in her mind, "Soon the animals around here will not be enough to appease it and I expect it to move on to bigger game." They grey-haired elf says, "I wish you luck in your hunt Lady Valshire. No doubt the beast will be little trouble for four rangers of the Horn."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"Thank you for the information and wishing of luck. I wish you safe journeys in your travels."

She will move back into the woods towards the place she marked the cats sign.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#351 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Of course, lead the way. Giving the maid 2 gold and 2 silver, she leaves the tent with the squire and proceeds to dance around the fire, as best she can in armor, a few times. All the while she keeps her eye out for her comrades.

OTC: 2gp, 2sp deducted.

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#352 Post by tristenc »

Nis nods excitedly and gladly joins Mediphera and Mave at the Magician. She watches the little girl more than the show, savoring the innocence and wonder on the child's face. It was such a beautiful and precious thing, and a thing rare for some to retain into adulthood. Oh to freeze a moment in time so, that one might reflect again in wonder in years to come; and perhaps recapture such innocence... she spoke softly to her companions so as not to disrupt the act

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#353 Post by Revenant »

“All things truly wicked start from innocence.” ~ Ernest Hemingway

Thena danced with abandon as did her squire, her eyes searched for her companions and found them seated before the magician. Mave's eyes looked past the fire away from the stage, meeting Thena's for a moment and then beyond her as she took in the sight of her brother angrily stalking away from her father.

She watched the magician with wonder in her young eyes, the sword on the crude stage held aloft by unseen hands floated gently downward. De'Ath sat transfixed betwixt Niserie and Mediphera and her eyes followed the magician with the red right hand as the sword lowered itself seemingly to the floor of the stage lying flat and appearing to point at her alone as she giggled. The magician waved his red right hand in one direction while the pale left, which some call the sinister side, placed his hand on the shoulder of his young volunteer. As the audience watched the girl who volunteered seemed to shudder a moment and then her eyes went white as the magician's pale hand held her shoulder in a vicelike grip. As his red hand moved, the blade flew forward towards De'Ath's gleaming eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Bryne moves back to the place where she found the cat's prints. She followed the path which was easy enough, though at times the prints seemed vague and oddly spaced. In others there seemed to be far too many prints as if more than one cat left tracks. Eventually heading north and east through the forest, she came upon a puddle and an empty wooden bucket lying beside it. Deeply embedded in the earth were the cat's prints, and outlined were six pawprints made by a cat of tremendous size. Water pooled into the print outlines from the overturned bucket and mixed into the water was the color red. She had but a moment to realize this, when the sound of screams echoed from deeper in the forest.

GreyWolfVT

#354 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik nods his silent thanks for the information and follows Bryne.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by Rex »

Bryne

Before the scream, "Be ready, this is no normal cat, I am convinced it has 6 legs."

After the scream, "Run, now!"

She rushes towards the screams trying to be alert as she does so.

Would she have any idea what a displacer beast is?

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#356 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius

Atahan follows after his half-sister as fast as his legs will carry him, sword and shield at the ready!

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#357 Post by Darithe »

Mave

As she watches her brother stalk away she thinks this can't be good. She stands watching them for several moments her back to the show.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#358 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Seeing what is happening on stage she keeps the squire with his back to the stage as she watches what is happening w/ the sword, resting her right hand on the head of her mace head for the moment.

GreyWolfVT

#359 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:14 am Bryne

Before the scream, "Be ready, this is no normal cat, I am convinced it has 6 legs."

After the scream, "Run, now!"

She rushes towards the screams trying to be alert as she does so.
Torvik nods after hearing the scream and the run command sets off at a run and signals for Kade to do the same.

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#360 Post by Revenant »

Bryne likely would have read about such a creature in the Valshire family library.

Return to “Nocturne (2e)”