Gull's Landing

Revenant
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Gull's Landing

#321 Post by Rex »

Bryne

Bryne moves deeper into the woods, bow at the ready. Scanning high and low for the great cat.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#322 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius
Revenant wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:16 amCosima grins at Bryne's statement and Athan's question about a man having to be a lord or an assistant, "Well, most fall within that boundary at least in their own minds. You are not stiff then my friend? Such a pity," she winks at Bryne and points her in the direction where the cat was last seen.
Athan blushed furiously and quickly followed after Bryne, standing protectively close to her, weapon and shield at the ready, just in case.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#323 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Mave stretches, "Well I'm not that good of a shot, but perhaps Lady Luck is on my side. And I have my own supplies so no need to use yours." She pays the man his price (not sure if there is an entry fee) and moves into position. Taking aim she fires at each target starting with the nearest.

First Shot: [1d20]=5
Second Shot: [1d20]=3
Third Shot: [1d20]=8

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#324 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik follows Bryne and gives a bit of space between them so he doesn't throw off the tracking expert. Scanning the area himself no rookie to being in the woods the dwarf also has a weapon at the ready, his trusty crossbow. "Keep yer eyes an ears open Kade. Always be aware of yer surroundin's" he offers advice to his recruit in a quiet tone.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#325 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Laughs a bit: Far from a queen my friend but I like you line of thinking. I assume your troop travels far and wide, I would assume you have knowledge beyond most... right?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#326 Post by tristenc »

Nis produces her own bow and arrows. She strings the longboe and places a kiss on Seabhag.

===
3 shots, near to far

Lol... well she probably hit 1 XD

Nis at Archery [1d20]=15, [1d20]=1, [1d20]=8

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#327 Post by Revenant »

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." ~ Will Rogers

Bryne moves deeper into the woods followed closely by Athan and slightly behind him by Torvik and Kade. Kade nods at Torvik's words, "Yes commander, see all and hear all." Bryne keeps ever moving forward until she raises a hand for those following her to stop. She can see the faint outline of tracks and thinks she found her quarry. The four of you stand silent for several moments as Bryne studies the area. The moon shines above and the sound of the fair has faded away to nothing. Only the occasional sound of a distant bird's call is heard. Bryne listens a moment and softly says, "Nighthawk." Then she continues onward deeper into the heavy forest, the lights of the fair, can no longer be seen. Then Bryne stops studying the ground before her. She can discern the cat prints easily but she also notes two sets of booted prints light of stride, headed northwest, while the cat's go northeast. And if she is not mistaken she smells the distant scent of smoke from the direction of the boot prints.

Thena's squire, who has yet to give his name, responds, "Ah yes, we have traveled the length and breadth of the three kingdoms as well as Belay, though we lost money there due to the corrupt guards. We even sailed for shows on the Summersea Isles and Canguine where the pirate lords rule. I have learned much from my travels. What would the Queen wish to know, but beware for speaking of such things will build a powerful thirst in me." As she watches the magician he takes a flask of lamp oil and pores it over his red right hand. He then thrusts his red arm into a lamp and it bursts into flames much to the astonishment of the townswoman assisting him.

The man at the archery competition watches the two ladies shoot at the target and when it is his turn he retrieves an intricately carved bow which has a depiction of a dryad who bows over a runed stone. He too takes his turn firing three shots. Upon the first target Niserie hits closest by far, but on the second and third the archer bests both ladies with his accuracy. The man looks at Niserie with an admiring grin, "You are the first to best me this day. What would you have as a reward young miss? Would you like coin or a prize?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by Rex »

Bryne

Whispering to the others, "Someone right over there. I have their boot prints here as well. Lets check who it is before following the cat."

She will mark the spot where the cats tracks are with a piece of cloth on a branch so she can easily find it later if needed.

She then quietly follows the boot prints, staying as alert as possible.

Hide in Shadows 25%
Move Silently 32%
Tracking (14)
Alertness (15)

GreyWolfVT

#329 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik nods his head agreeing with Bryne. "Wise choice." he says lowly back to her.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#330 Post by Darithe »

Mave

Claps for Niserie having bested the Vagary archer in at least the first shot. Better than she did. She waits curious as to what Niserie's decision will be.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#331 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Let's quench your thirst now... motioning to the tent acting as a pub. Lead the way. As they wander over: What can you tell me of the Fallow's and their kingdom?

What would you like to quench your thirst with?

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#332 Post by Revenant »

“It is an occupational hazard that anyone who has spent her life learning how to lie eventually becomes bad at telling the truth.” ~ Ally Carter

"The Fallows?" the fiery squire asks, "Why does a queen wish to know of fools? They are as idle and empty as their name implies." The duo reach the pub the sound of the music and dance around the fire behind them as they move to the tent which is serving refreshments. The squire grins, "What am I to drink...," he thinks, "in wine there is wisdom, in ale there is freedom from the day's cares, in water...well in water there is nothing with any flavor. And I am a flavorful man. So let us have some Vagary Moondance, brewed in moonbeams and shadowale. The only drink that improves your sight and puts hair on your chest." He looks at Thena's bosom covered by her armor, "In sufficient quantities it removes pesky burdening armor too."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An owl hoots from the trees above where you follow the prints, Bryne stealthy and unseen, her half-brother Athan less so, and Kade even less. Torvik is not unacquainted with the shadows and manages to follow the ranger like a shadow at night. Ahead Bryne can make out the outline of a fire through the trees ahead. She hears muffled voices, both male and female, speaking in words you can't quite make out but think are foreign...no you have heard both Niserie and Wilwarin speak something similar, which makes you think they are speaking elven. As you listen one of the female starts to sing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ0aINU ... rt_radio=1

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by Rex »

Bryne

Bryne continues forward, walking into the Elven camp.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#334 Post by Edeldhur »

Athanasius

Athan allows his half-sister some distance, making sure his noise will not give her presence away.

tristenc
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#335 Post by tristenc »

Nis beams at the praise, even though he shot better than she on the other two.

Laying a finger along her cheek in thought, she grins. Coin is so boring. Let's do the prize! She giggles

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#336 Post by spanningtree »

Thena

Arches an eyebrow and motions to the server: I'm afraid my nature is to stay with wine in that case but Vagary Moondance you will have... tell me more about the Fallows... how did their namesake come to become truth?

When the server stops by she will order a stein of Vagary Moondance, after checking the price, for the squire and a decent red wine for herself.

GreyWolfVT

#337 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik continues on a following Bryne. if he notices the other two getting lost he will stop and try to help them follow along. "Remember it's toe heel, toe heel." he advises.

Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#338 Post by Revenant »

“The thief, as will become apparent, was a special type of thief. This thief was an artist of theft. Other thieves merely stole everything that was not nailed down, but this thief stole the nails as well.” ~ Terry Pratchett

The cost of talking with the fiery squire was drink and the Vagary Moondance was not cheap, a bottle cost one gold and only bottles were sold for the server said the liquid could not be debased by being sold by the single glass, only a bottle would do. However, the wine was cheap and sweet and fruity to the taste like an apple on the verge of decay. A glass of the wine would only set Thena back a single silver. The fiery squire grabs the bottle of Moondance and chugs it down in seemingly one long swallow. He then smashes the empty bottle onto a nearby rock exclaiming, "A bottle empty of Moondance, cannot bear to remain pining for the golden liquid it once held so it must be destroyed." He wipes his wet mouth on his sleeve and then looks again at Thena, "Thank you my Queen. You would have me speak of the Fallows, a wicked and wrathful clan of brigands. They lived on the edge of the sea and made their fortunes as ship wrackers, their lights leading ships to their doom on the rock and them stealing their cargo like carrion upon the corpses. And when the ships ran out they preyed on pilgrims who traveled through to the doom of their fallow lands. They are cutthroats and brigands of the worst sort, not good honest thieves like me and my kin. You would do well my Queen to avoid their kind. Why the king of this land bestowed a Lordship on their leader, I do not know. What more you know my Queen of Night?"

------------------------------------------------------------

The archer nods at Niserie's request, "A prize it is then. Alas I've nothing so fine as that smile of yours but perhaps this small trinket might prove useful to a fellow archer such as yourself," He moves to his quiver and removes a long greenish tinted arrow with a head of dark stone with some sort of marking etched onto its surface, "I sometimes make these when I have the proper material," he says holding the arrow out to her, "I call them greenfingers. Their fine point does extra damage to any it hits and should your target be a goblin, twill do even more damage." He hands it to her, "May your arrows always find their targets milady."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bryne walks into the elven camp and finds herself staring into the smiling scarred face a grey-haired elf who says in a mellifluous voice, "Now who is trying to sneak into our camp uninvited?" Two male elves hold readied bows and another female has her sword drawn.
Elf1.jpg
Elf1.jpg (104.06 KiB) Viewed 86 times
Elf2.jpg
Elf2.jpg (147.34 KiB) Viewed 86 times
Elf3.jpg
Elf3.jpg (95.8 KiB) Viewed 86 times
Elf4.jpg
Elf4.jpg (85.91 KiB) Viewed 86 times

GreyWolfVT

#339 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Torvik "Compliment taken. Even if ya didn't mean it that way. Weren't sneakin, we were trackin a big cat then got diverted when we saw tracks comin ta yer camp. We figured it was worth checkin ta make sure everyone was ok before we continued trackin the cat." he explains.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by Rex »

Bryne

"I am Bryne Valshire, a Ranger. As my friend Torvik said we are hunting a great cat and spotted your camp. Have you seen such a beast? It has been threatening the locals."

Return to “Nocturne (2e)”