Quest #1 - The Search for Fonkin

Nemesis
archolewa
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Quest #1 - The Search for Fonkin

#381 Post by archolewa »

Richard

"Lucky indeed," said Richard. He'll take a healing potion and drink it down. "Figured our number was up when he came out of the bushes."

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#382 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Gurkidd

Evaluating the inventory, he grabs one of the potions, smells it, and dabs a tiny bit onto his finger to taste it. He then hands it to Richard saying: drink this to restore your health and strength. Let me check your dressings. We can change them if necessary with some of these new supplies. .

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#383 Post by Nemesis »

Miranda raises an eyebrow at Quinn.

"What do you mean?" she asked, a slight tinge of annoyance creeping into her voice. "Didn't you hear what the boss said? We go back down, find Fonkin, and bring the little bastard alive."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#384 Post by Eris »

Nemesis wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:12 pm Miranda raises an eyebrow at Quinn.

"What do you mean?" she asked, a slight tinge of annoyance creeping into her voice. "Didn't you hear what the boss said? We go back down, find Fonkin, and bring the little bastard alive."
Quinn also quirks an eyebrow as Miranda speaks and then shrugs, "So, you don't want to make nice, fine. Why don't you take watch seeing as you guys kidnapped the guy that was going it. Wizards need their rest if they're going to cast spells, so I'm going back to sleep."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

archolewa
Tracker
Tracker

#385 Post by archolewa »

Richard laughs a little bit and nearly spits out the healing potion in his laughter. "Well played Quinn. I think Miranda, Quinn would like to know why you all care enough to descend into a creepy dungeon full of monsters to find the guy. Clearly you don't just want him dead. If you did, you'd set up a little siege outside the entrance. Kill him when he comes out, or if he doesn't after a few weeks, shrug your shoulders, figure he's dead, and move on with your lives. No muss, no fuss, minimal risk. Instead, your bossman sends a few folks down. They die. Rather than cutting his losses, he decides to try again. Sure, he's using us as patsies, but he's still sending you down. So either you did something to piss him off, or you all really want Fonkin alive."

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#386 Post by Nemesis »

"The Boss wants Fonkin for a reason," Miranda said. "And, it seems clear to you all, some sacrifices need to be made for that to happen. Why this little gremlin is so important to Boss and the Boss' Boss is above my pay grade. What I do know is they are certain Fonkin is down there, alive and well, possibly hiding from us, and want him brought back alive."

She took a beat.

"I didn't piss off anyone," she said. "The lads who died? I know who they were; they weren't cut for this kind of work, and I don't know why the Boss decided to send them down. Maybe he wanted to trim the fat? Regardless, they failed. With me here, we won't. I'm fine with taking the first watch. Don't want you all running away now."

She winked.

archolewa
Tracker
Tracker

#387 Post by archolewa »

Richard grunts. "So, what's your specialty Miranda? You a scout, a warrior, or something else?"

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#388 Post by Nemesis »

"I'm a scout," she said. "I keep my ear low and my eyes wide open. I helped track you here. Then again, you guys were making so much noise, it wasn't difficult to follow."

She thumbed at her bow.

"I'm also one of the best shots in the company." She also palmed a dagger sheathed at her hip.

"And I can get personal right quick, should the situation arise."

archolewa
Tracker
Tracker

#389 Post by archolewa »

Richard

"Good to know. You can stay at the front with me, keeping your sharp eyes peeled for danger. But I want you staying close. You die, so does our friend. So I'd rather you don't."

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#390 Post by Nemesis »

Miranda smirked.

"Don't worry about me," she said. "I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself. From the looks of you all, I might have to carry your weight, too."

Is there anything you all want to discuss with Miranda? Otherwise, I'll roll for the night watch. Who would like to take the second and third watches?

archolewa
Tracker
Tracker

#391 Post by archolewa »

Richard

"I'm sure your dead friends thought the same," said Richard with a grunt.

I have nothing more to add. How much health did Richard regain from the healing potion he drank?
Last edited by archolewa on Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#392 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Gurkidd

Not quite sure what to make of Miranda pipes up: I will take the 2nd watch. Miranda did Fonkin do something to you personally? Why do have so much venom for him. I have only heard positive thing about him but never met him.

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#393 Post by Nemesis »

Richard regains 2d4+2 HP.

Miranda turned to Gurkidd.

"I have no venom for this... individual", she said. "I've never met him nor care to. The bosses want him alive, and I'm just doing my job."

She smirked.

"This would be much more enjoyable if we were hunting of my ex lovers."

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#394 Post by Nemesis »

I'll assume no one has anything else to say to Miranda and will roll for the overnight rest.

The night progressed without any disturbances, a much-needed respite after the march from the old ruins and the meeting with Miranda's company.

The party felt rested and refreshed.

What's the move?

archolewa
Tracker
Tracker

#395 Post by archolewa »

Richard

So Richard gets back up to full health (5/5)

Richard wakes up the next morning and stretches. He takes a deep breath and enjoys the lack of pain for a moment.

He picks up his polearm. "Let's head back to the skeleton room. I figure Miranda and I can take point, Balteus can bring up the rear in case something nasty slips up behind us. Quinn and Gurkidd can be in the middle, Quinn with the torch and Gurkidd ready to give support wherever it's needed. When something nasty comes at us from the front, I'd appreciate it Miranda if you fell back, while Gurkidd joins me on the front lines."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#396 Post by Eris »

Quinn sits up and rubs his eyes. When he stands he says, "I have Sleep prepared from yesterday, but I don't think it will help much against undead like those skeletons. The only other spells I know are Hold Portal and Read Magic, which I also have prepared. Do you think I should change to Hold Portal today, or stay with Sleep in case we run into creatures that do sleep, like Hobs or Gobbos?"

"I'm inclined to stay with Sleep, unless you all think Hold Portal might be better." Quinn finishes as he holds his Spellbook ready to start studying.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#397 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Gurkidd

Raises from slumber and prays to Heironeous giving thanks that he and his comrades are alive, asking for the power to ward his party from undead, and seeking wisdom to find clues to the whereabouts of Fonkin. He eats part of his rations and prepares for to head back into the depths of the ruins in search of Fonkin hoping that Miranda is not going to double cross them once they find Fonkin.

Quinn, I have prayed to Heironeous and believe that, through me, he will ward away those evil undead creatures we find. I believe my piety and devotion will deliver this power to me. I believe Sleep would be an appropriate spell for you to use.

archolewa
Tracker
Tracker

#398 Post by archolewa »

Richard

"Gurkidd raises a good point, though I have some concerns." Richard steps closer to Quinn and pitches his voice low. He rolls up his blanket as loudly as he can, and makes sure the straps make quite a bit of noise as he straps it to his pack. "Think about after we find him. Fonkin and Cameron both depend on our choices then."

Nemesis
Guide
Guide

#399 Post by Nemesis »

Are you all ready to depart? Or, do you need a few more moments?

archolewa
Tracker
Tracker

#400 Post by archolewa »

Richard

I think we're ready.

Return to “Chronicles from the Vale (Basic Fantasy)”