(15) The One-Eyed Cat (Tavern)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: (15) The One-Eyed Cat (Tavern)

#141 Post by OGRE MAGE »

ateno wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:48 pm "I was going to do this yesterday, but i need ten more arrows, where can i go?"

Keya
Calista takes Keya by his sweaty hand and leads him outside the tavern, pointing him towards the Quartermaster's store.

"Moseley is the man you need to see for arrows, or any other adventuring gear."

viewtopic.php?t=12944

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

The stalwart cleric drags the travois up to the Inn. If it won't fit through the door(s) he will carry each of their friends inside in turn.

"Hello? I don't suppose I can settle my friends down in the common room? I should be able to heal them in the morning."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#143 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim follows Stobart with his travois, with the same intention if it doesn't fit he will help carry each individual in. "Uh, yeah what he said. Is there a common room available for them?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#144 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wilf looks over the dilapidated group with a sour face.

"I expect a full house tonight, as tomorrow is Market Day. So we cant have a pile of unconscious folks laying around in the common room. Not until much later, anyway."

He shakes his head and rubs his chin. "Why don't we carry them all up to Jess's room where they can stay and rest till the morning. She can sleep on the cot in our room for tonight, since she will be working till we close anyway."

"What the hells happened to you out there to have so many friends go down like this?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"Thank you Wilf, that's much appreciated. I'm happy to help you out here if you're going to busy. Not that I have any experience, but I can fetch and carry. As for what happened to us, a bunch of skeletons, that's what, and some poor decisions."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

Returning to the hostels after his spree in the Keep businesses, he finds former travelling companions splayed out.

"Good lord!", he says and does what he can to help check over Dredd, Meinhardt, Croebus and Renna.

Injured myself, (I have already allocated one CLW from my spell list that I would get tomorrow for my own healing), I can only help perhaps one extra person a day.

"Has anyone fetched the priests?" he asks.
As for what happened to us, a bunch of skeletons, that's what, and some poor decisions.
, he doesn't pry until folk are ready to talk.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#147 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal does her best to help with the injured, moving them to Jess' room. There is little additional she can do besides play fetch it for those skilled in healing.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#148 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim "Thank you Wilf." hearing the question about the priest the halfling replies "Uh no not yet. I'll go do that now though." he makes his way to the door to go out and find the priests.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#149 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chapel thread is here: viewtopic.php?t=12945

But you have been warned. :lol: (by Sabine)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#150 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The tavern is as lively as usual the night before Market Day at the Keep, with many faces both familiar and strange to the newcomers here.

Several merchants and other craftsmen sit around talking, drinking, and eating. There is even a 4 piece minstrel playing softly on the stage.

Stobart, Pimlan, and Magdal recognize a certain merchant they met earlier, still bookended by his pretty lady friends at a table in the corner of the tavern.
Mndel.jpeg
Mndel.jpeg (116.06 KiB) Viewed 197 times

I know a few of you are down and won't be posting till you're healed tomorrow, but is there anything those who are still up and active want to do before retiring for the night?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

Having met the Mage Dubricus in the school and invited him to share in our evening, while others are resting, I will gather Magdal, Pim & Stobart together and I can share regarding the caves exploration and the trio can say what happened to them.

As far as I share, I will talk of the Goblins we first encountered and the neighbouring troll that backed them up.

Then we moved across to a Kobold hovel where we encountered lots of spears and tricks. I can show them a length of sticky web, a glass-blowing reed and a Kobold marble. They had a room scrawled with prayers and inscriptions to a Kobold deity figure but I can't remember too much else about that. They fled through tunnels too small for us to follow.

Lastly we saw a cave or some ledges with heads on, displayed like a warning or trophies but we didn't investigate too much around there.

"We came away with a few coppers in treasure, many bruises and cuts and our pride dented. Only richer for the experience."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

Stobart will tell their story to Crabgrass, a cave full of skeletons and barrels, of the two deadly smugglers they met outside the cave who almost killed the group but for some smart talking and a bit of luck. He includes the disappearance of Sylla and his thoughts that the bandits know more about the cave smugglers than they let on. He also tells them about the merchant and two women that passed them by without helping and point them out across the room.

He will pop up and check on the injured throughout the night.

(I can summarise further if you wish, I don't know if you were following our thread or not)

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by Stirling »

(I can summarise further if you wish, I don't know if you were following our thread or not)
I did read but as ooc info. I will just go on what specifics you share.

Crabgrass
He also tells them about the merchant and two women that passed them by without helping and point them out across the room.
I will ask Dubricus about them. Travelling frequently here and across the region. What can the Mage tell me discreetly?

"What are your thoughts Stobart. To go back and wreack vengeance on these bandits.
Or to use magic and divine blessing to intrude upon the skeletons again. What were they guarding?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#154 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Crabgrass and the remaining conscious members of the “One Cave” group are eventually joined by a youngish looking middle aged human named Dubricus d'Amberville. He introduces himself as a Mage and Explorer, but Crabgrass knows he is actually the Keeps scribe and schoolteacher.

When asked about the fat merchant, Dubricus nods his head. “Oh, that’s Mendel. Mendel the Merchant. Everyone around here knows him. He comes through this way quite often actually, every couple weeks in fact. He buys and sells all kinds of stuff, from what I hear.”

He pulls Crabgrass aside so the others don’t hear as clearly. “Not sure how he always attracts such good looking assistants, but I have my suspicions.”

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by shaidar »

Stobart
Stirling wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:01 pm "What are your thoughts Stobart. To go back and wreack vengeance on these bandits.
Or to use magic and divine blessing to intrude upon the skeletons again. What were they guarding?"
"No going back right now would be a mistake. From what I can tell there is some kind of smuggling operation using that cave and they are highly organised. We didn't stand a chance against the two that found us. They could have easily killed us all, I'm surprised we managed to persuade them to let us go. I also get the impression that the bandits on the path have some idea of what's going on up there. "

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#156 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal who has sat in silence, listening to the conversation adds when returning to the caves is mentioned, "I hope to never set eyes on the place again. Whatever they are hiding, they can keep hidden as far as I'm concerned."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

Gets a 'Jabba the Hutt' vibe about Mendel, thinking of a sluggish criminal type from another galaxy far, far away. Certainly the 'floosies' look like flaunted 'arm candy'. He looks at his own 'arm can' if caught gazing inappropriately.

Turning back to the fellowship. He asks Dubricus "If trophy heads are a known thing in the Cave humanoid community." From a cleric-Law based point of view, such displays would provoke thoughts of savagery beyond a normal 'keep out' warning. He wonders if the Mage knows much about the rituals and culture of the various tribes who dwell there.

To Stobart, Magdal & Pim, he suggests once the wounded can get back upon their feet, that might be an area to check out next.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#158 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dubricus speaks to all those assembled at the table again, though he doesn’t appear to know a lot about the culture of the nearby tribes of chaos.

“What I can tell you is this. Those monsters out there are savage and warlike, always feuding and fighting with each other. One tribe will kill off or chase away another, only to be conquered themselves by a bigger or more aggressive group that comes along.”

“The only time they have ever been successful is when they’ve united together to work as one powerful faction. They nearly sacked this very Keep on more than one occasion, from what I’ve learned.”

“I don’t know how many monsters are out there right now, but imagine if there were 200. Or 300. That makes the people living here pretty vulnerable to the next charismatic monster who becomes leader and decides to unite the clans, as it were………Why, we’d be doomed.”

If there is nothing specific folks want to do before morning, I can advance this along so we can get the others involved again.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by shaidar »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:08 pm If there is nothing specific folks want to do before morning, I can advance this along so we can get the others involved again.
I'm happy to move on

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

Nothing specific, planning and info gathering.

As far as helping the injured. I can receive three cleric spells the next morning and in advance rolled one CLW macro in order to heal myself. So I could use two others on comrades.

Return to “Areas of the Keep”