IMG_1906.jpeg (27.82 KiB) Viewed 3452 times

Calista: Cook/Server
IMG_1907.jpeg
IMG_1907.jpeg (37.66 KiB) Viewed 3267 times

Jess: Serving Girl
Jess.jpeg
Jess.jpeg (122.39 KiB) Viewed 2796 times
Third: Bouncer [/size]

This friendly spot offers food and drink for residents of the inn, those living at the keep, and travelers alike. With plenty of natural light and a fiery warm hearth, there is a cozy atmosphere to sit and eat by day. And by night, drinks and revelry are the mainstay. Anyone staying at the keep for any length off time normally comes here for not only refreshment, but to learn the latest local gossip.

Ale: 1sp
Pitcher 5sp
Honey Mead: (local) 10sp
Wine: (local) 10sp
Bottle (imported) 5gp
Spirits: 1gp
Bottle (imported) 20gp

Meal of the Day: (varies by season)
Modest (hearty stew) 1sp
Hungry (stew, bread, veg, drink) 10sp
Starving (the works plus meat) 1gp

Other specific offerings by request

Spot to sleep on the common room floor: 1sp
Cot and warm blanket in common room: 5sp

A large human male wipes down the bar, welcoming any newcomers or usuals with the same friendly gusto.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (15) The One-Eyed Cat (Tavern)

#2 Post by shaidar »

Stobart enters the tavern and greets the barman

"Good day, there are a large number of us looking for food and drink, sir. Do you have large tables near each other for just over a dozen?"

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

#3 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn-dwarf fighter

Loyn heads to the tavern with the others, once inside and at the bar….he addresses the barkeep,”Good day sir, 2 pitchers of ale should be good to start with, and keep em’ coming!” While waiting for the ales, he pushes some tables together with chairs. He gestures for his friends to sit. Once the barkeep arrives with the pitchers he asks,“Good sir, Sabine had said Cobb was still out, can you let me know when he gets in? I’m hoping he has some information regarding my father’s whereabouts and possibly bandits.” He glances around for any one-eyed cats.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by ateno »

Keya is with the group as they enter.

"Hello, i love the way you have the menu! I will have the Hungry please."

Grabs a seat at the table.

To his new friends. "I'll buy one of those pitchers when it comes to my turn."

He looks around smelling the wonderful aroma.

- 10 sp

Keys Redd

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

IMG_1906.jpeg
IMG_1906.jpeg (81.06 KiB) Viewed 3452 times

Wilf

The weathered and grey haired, fifty something gentleman behind the bar looks to have seen it all before. When the newcomers enter his tavern, he snaps to attention, filling pitchers and yelling orders into the kitchen.

“Greetings strangers! A dozen ya say? Better call the help in early.”

He nods at Loyn and motions for which tables can be combined easiest, smiling at Keya.

“Well thank you, friend. That part of the menu was my idea. My wife said it were silly, but I thought it appropriate. Stew and fixings, coming right up!”

There are a total of 4 locals currently in the cozy tavern. A pair of older men sit at one small table talking quietly over a glass of mead. And a human merchant with a half-orc who might be his bodyguard sit near the fireplace, quietly enjoying wine and ale respectively. All nod and raise their glass if prompted, but don’t otherwise pay you much mind.

When Wilf brings the pitchers of ale, he replies to Loyn. “Ain’t seen young Cobb in a few days now, so he should be along soon enough. Names Wilf! You folks got names? Come ta clean out the caves, did ya?”

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna will enter the tavern after getting the room and will walk up to the table Stobart and will say "Hopefully it is not to forward of me, but I secured us and up to another two people a room for the evening. If you are still interested in hitting the other caverns, I would like to talk about doing that in the next day or two."

When the timing is right Renna will say, "Can I have an ale please." paying the posted price.

1 sp subtracted.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by ravenn4544 »

"Haldric Hammerheart, here, good sir! This inn is quite inviting and look forward to your fine food. The guards at the gate, Sabine, spoke of bandits in the area. Any info you can share abou that? By the way, I'll have what he's having but bring the meat..."

-1gp for starving

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

"Warm stew, cool ale and a soft mattress in one of your cot bunks will be fine, thank you." -7sp

He will ditch his backpack and bedroll on a cot of choice and then take a table for his ale and stew. A quiet, studious man, he fellowships well though is not the most rowdy of carousers. A hand of poker or card games, strategy and bluff over the luck of rolling dice more his evening pastime, if not having his nose in a study book.

He gives thanks over his meal before eating, genuflecting with his holy symbol (a masonic blend of new science and lawful Pelorian sunburst), touching it on his forehead as he says his "Amen"
Over his stew he reads quietly from a notebook, scribbling formula and committing to memory various arcane fractions and algebra.

He studies patrons and comrades alike considering how best to apply his skills to better his vocation.
Attachments
Crabgrass's holy symbol
Crabgrass's holy symbol
8678591_0.jpg (33.87 KiB) Viewed 3438 times

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

Rida

Rida joins the others, partaking of the ale and watching and listening to the conversation.

Hotgoblin

#10 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn-dwarf fighter

I am Loyn, son of Groyn, nice to meet you Wilf…the caves, no we haven’t ventured there yet, soon though! I only know what my father had told me about them and some crudely drawn maps. We should get some intel, compare notes and create a plan. Wilf, what do you know about them caves?” He takes a swig of ale. “Wilf, I’ll get the Hungry, food smells delicious. Mighty nice of you Renna, I’ll take a spot in that room. Glad to have your support.”

-1 gp

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Jernau35 »

Gyb

For a moment Gyb considers breaking off to buy a new pair of boots. New boots would be good for hurting feet he muses. But so is ale! He follows the crowd to the tavern instead.

Gyb bows to Wilf upon arrival. "Greetings Wilf, sir, from Gyb". He looks around. "Your place is so very nice, Wilf. Gyb has not slept in a place so nice these past few days." Reaching into his purse, Gyb produces some silver coins. "Wilf, a pitcher of ale, if you can bring it, would be nice. And two bowls of stew. Please".

Gyb takes a seat at the large group table and waits for his stew and ale to arrive. Between mouthfuls, he addresses Stobart and Renna. "You are going to the caverns? The caverns have more money than bandits, Gyb thinks. Can Gyb go with you to the caverns?"
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

The cleric helps set up the tables

"Greetings Wilf, I am Stobart Galt, cleric of Fharlanghn, at your service. I agree, the hungry option sounds perfect!" he hands over a gold piece "Use the change towards the pitchers of ale, if you would."
gurusql wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:53 pm Renna

Renna will enter the tavern after getting the room and will walk up to the table Stobart and will say "Hopefully it is not to forward of me, but I secured us and up to another two people a room for the evening. If you are still interested in hitting the other caverns, I would like to talk about doing that in the next day or two."
Stobart smiles

" Thank you Renna, that was very thoughtful of you. You're not eating? As for the caves, there is a lot for us all to talk about, but we should talk to Loyn, here. He wants to go to the caves, something about his father, and he has maps. Take a seat! " he gestures Renna to an empty chair at the table.

-1 gp from sheet

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan tries to sit at the bar if there are any chairs at a height he can managed to climb into if not he will find a table to sit at. When Wilf comes to him he will ask "I don't suppose you know if anyone in here knows any thing about the caves do you my good sir?" and looking at the drinks "Hmm do you have any hot cider? Hmm, no ok a pint of Honey Mead please and a bowl of stew."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

He joins Stobart's table, taking a seat next to Renna, and ordering a Hungry and some wine from the serving girl. Nodding to Renna, he says, "I see you have already assembled a few of us to explore the caves. Excellent." Stobart's mention of maps catches his attention. "Indeed? May we see these maps of yours, Loyn?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rex »

Rida

Joining the others, "I want to go to the caves."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by shaidar »

Stobart nods at Rida, Gyb and Meinhardt.

"I think there are a number of caves, for all we know the bandits might even lair in one of them!"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rex »

Rida

"Yes, and likely avoid the keep."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#18 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wilf serves everyone as quickly as he can, taking pride in filling mugs and delivering steaming bowls of venison stew and fresh bread to everyone who orders. He calls up the steps for someone named Jess, answering questions with the same promptness.

He confirms there is a lot of chatter lately about bandits along the roads, nodding his head when asked about the caves.”Sure, I’ve heard plenty. Usually only from the survivors, though.” He leaves that word hang with a solemn look on his weathered face.

The handsome barman is cordial and friendly to every customer, but when Loyn introduces himself, the man’s demeanor suddenly changes. “GROYNSON?” He looks closely at the dwarf’s facial features. “Groyn Shortbeard? Is your father? Of course he is. You look exactly like him. How did I not see it before? Thee Groyn? From the famed duo of Fingal and Groyn? Right here in my tavern? Amazing!”

He shouts over the dwarfs shoulder. “CALISTA! JESS! YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!!”

The two old men in the bar pay close attention while Wilf looks like he just met the king himself. “So, where has your father been the last few years, Loyn Groynson? See, that sounds weird saying that. I had no idea Groyn had a family.”

“You know, your dad and his friend were a bit of a…….legend……around here……….I guess. Did you know that?”

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by sastaz »

Sylla, seeing how no one of the others is interested in discussing, or even answering questions about, the Mad Hermit, sighs silently and turns her attention towards what's happening at the tables instead.

"You're all travelling to these caves? Tomorrow? I would like to show my interest in joining one of these excursions as well. Strength in numbers, right?"

When the initial commotion around Groyn Shortbeard's son has settled, she tries to get a word with Wilf as well.

"Sir Wilf, I have a request for you, if you would do me the honor. I'd simply like to know if you are familiar with a man called 'the mad hermit' living, or used to be living, in the forests north of here? I am looking for him, although from what I hear I fear he may be gone, or even deceased. Also, ale and stew, if you please."

-2 sp

Hotgoblin

#20 Post by Hotgoblin »

“Yes, Groyn is my father, I had no idea of the notoriety he gained here! The name Fingal is not known to me, but he did mention the name Cobb.” Loyn lowers his head solemnly. “I don’t know where my father is, he’s been missing for a while now. That is why I’ve come, seeking some answers to his whereabouts. I fear the worst, but I must know!”

Turning back to his new friends.
“My father was drawn to these caves and professed how dangerous they were, he did not come back from his last venture into them, so I can only believe that to be true. Remember, they’re called the Caves of Chaos for a reason! He had warned me to stay away from the caves at the top of the ravine until discovering what’s in the lower caves first. He had listed the order in which to enter the caves, though I don’t know if it’s accurate now or if it ever was! He’s not here, he could have misjudged and made a fatal mistake!” Loyn looks sullen, pushes his ale to the side and pulls out his inherited map.

3648BBB0-73E6-47A5-ABE5-68CD06967BF7.jpeg
3648BBB0-73E6-47A5-ABE5-68CD06967BF7.jpeg (112.09 KiB) Viewed 3301 times

Return to “Areas of the Keep”