(15) The One-Eyed Cat (Tavern)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (15) The One-Eyed Cat (Tavern)

#201 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"In either case, I would not like to pay the bandits again. What should be our planned route? Magdal what do you think we should take the broken road and follow the river, move up through the forest or something else?"

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#202 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal returns from the smith, none the wiser of Dredd's fate and then listens to the companions that actually did gather some useful information. She smiles at the new person in the group nodding, "Greetings, I'm Magdal of Longspear."

Turning to Renna when she speaks, "Well, if we are going after those pesky bandits, and I'd prefer we did, unless we wish to continue paying their toll each time we pass. They fled into the forest so I'm guessing they have some kind of base or hideout there. So I'd suggest we travel through the forest to find their hidey hole and then decide what actions to take. Might be Dredd went there."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#203 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

"My priority is to try finding our missing companions, but dealing with those bandits is also important, and something we can do while we search.

Seeing the newcomer, he introduces himself to her. "Skratch, is it? I'm Crobeus. Pleased to meet you.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"Seeing as Dredd had almost certainly sought revenge on the bandits, I suggest we deal with the highwaymen first and then investigate the Caves of Chaos for the rest. He also certainly couldn't defeat them alone in his condition. If we're lucky, they simply captured him for ransom."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"Magdal, would exiting the Keep following the road till we get to about this point and then cutting through the trees be a path that makes sense and you would have a chance of leading us on. This way if the bandits have a path back to a camp we will cross that path."

Map with proposed path
AreaAroundKeep_2.png
AreaAroundKeep_2.png (518.78 KiB) Viewed 229 times

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#206 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim nodding his head "I agree. Lets go deal with the bandits and worry about the rest afterwards. If Dredd went there after them he could be tied up, literally. Maybe they have him captive. But didn't know who to ransom him to."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"I agree going to the caves today is probably not a good idea, the bandits should be our target. Fharlanghn abhors those who prey on travellers. I kept my mouth shut when we met them for the good of the group, but I always intended to deal with them at some point. Remember, I have used up my spells for the day with healing, so I have only a stout arm and my staff to assist."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by Stirling »

Remember, I have used up my spells for the day with healing, so I have only a stout arm and my staff to assist."
I think we are going on the next day otherwise Crabgrass has the same issue.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#209 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will get a new game thread set up for this mission.

In the meantime, if there is anything you wish to do while Market Day is in full effect, please do so.

If not, we can advance to the next morning and get things started straight away.

The discussion in the tavern continues around a warm pitcher of ale.

While Skratch hasn't yet agreed to join the group, the new friend Crabgrass made, the arrogant mage Dubricus, seems down right excited to join up.

"Most excellent! I accept your offer to take over this group, and I assure you all that I will lead this party with the vim and vigor you all deserve. I promise that you will not be sorry that you put me in charge!" He smiles and nods in a stately manner. "Where is it we're going again then?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

The Half-Orc staggers into the tavern looking perhaps worse than he did when he left a few hours earlier. He looks around for familiar faces...
Winter is coming...

Scott308

#211 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

"Dredd! Here, have a seat!" The paladin gets up, helping their formerly missing companion to a seat, using his Lay on Hands ability as he does so (+2 hp). "Where did you go- what happened?"
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

The Half-Orc offers a tired smile and sits down with Croebus. When the paladin lays healing hands on him, he has to grit his teeth to keep his emotions in check. Clearing his throat, he replies, "Much obliged, Croebus. I guess...well, I don't know what I was thinking when I left like I did. I guess I just wanted to get back at them bastards for damn near killing us. Any of the others around?"
Winter is coming...

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"Glad to see you are still alive. We feared the worst when you left the Keep. We are talking about our plans. Here is the path we were discussing - but no decisions yet ."
AreaAroundKeep_2.png
AreaAroundKeep_2.png (518.78 KiB) Viewed 160 times

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#214 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal looks at Renna's proposed route, "Yes, that seems the best plan for our path. If the others agree," not wanting to speak for everyone. She looks up from the map when Dredd enters looking like something the cat drug in. She rushes over and gives him a hug, "Dredd, I figured you went and got yourself killed. Good to have my fellow Longspearian brother-in-arms back." She looks to the others, "So would another day resting up get us up to traveling?" She tries to figure how much it will cost her to stay considering how low on funds she is.

GreyWolfVT

#215 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim happy to see Dredd again "Ah you have returned. We asked around about where you headed off to Dredd. But would you be interested in joining us in trying to get rid of those bandits on the road? That's what we are planning to do next hopefully before we try and go back to any caves."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Scott308

#216 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

"I like Renna's plan. Right now, it appears to be just us, but maybe the other group will return tonight and be interested in heading out with us tomorrow, after everyone has had a chance to rest up and get their spells back. I hate to leave Sylla out there on her own for another night, but if we are going to have any chance of finding her, we have to be at our best."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"I will have three more cures, I have one planned for myself and one for Dredd. Please let me know if some else needs one. With the plan agreed to let us see what the merchants have for sale."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#218 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

The Half-Orc turns three shades of red when Magdal hugs him...but he doesn't pull away. "Changed my mind about getting killed," he murmurs, his face full of her hair...which he doesn't mind. He smiles at Pim and gives a tired nod. "Renna was showing me the map. I like the plan. I'm not ready to go caving any time soon anyway."
He sits down and orders a beer, sipping on it quietly. "If we're not leaving until the morning, I may find a room and get some rest."

I'm assuming he has all his gear? If not, he will need to buy more.
Winter is coming...

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#219 Post by grokkngrognard »

Skratch was content to just gorge herself on food while the others spoke. No one could have guessed something so short and thin could eat so much in one sitting. With her mouth open, she chewed, gnawed, and made various noises suited for gluttony while washing down the barely masticated food with copious amounts of drink, the excess of which would sluice past the corners of her mouth and run down her chin.

Others came to the table, including a breed like herself. She nodded to each in turn, her mouth seemingly full of food at all times. Yet her eyes had slowly taken in her surroundings, noting points of egress, while sizing up those who looked like a threat, present and future. She couldn't help but look for coin purses or jewelry that glinted seductively in candle light. As to her new 'companions' Skratch took their measure, figuring out who was the strongest and who was the weakest.

Once she was done, the half-orc leaned back and let loose a long yet satisfying belch.

GreyWolfVT

#220 Post by GreyWolfVT »

hedgeknight wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:24 am Dredd

He smiles at Pim and gives a tired nod. "Renna was showing me the map. I like the plan. I'm not ready to go caving any time soon anyway."
Pim nods his head "Agreed, I'm a lot more leary of the caves right now if I can find adventure closer to here I'm more likely to go for that first."

Return to “Areas of the Keep”