(15) The One-Eyed Cat (Tavern)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: (15) The One-Eyed Cat (Tavern)

#181 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim nodding his head "Yup. I remember distinctly hearing a crossbow sound like one being loaded and readied."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#182 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal looks at Meinhardt for several moments before refusing the coin, "Tis most kind of you sir, but I don't intend to penniless for long and once we deal with those bandits...well lets say I'll buy you a drink for your thoughtfulness," she smiles. "But yes, those two skilled warriors should be at the very least reprimanded. They were the biggest cause of our ills, but in the end they did help us so we owe them that."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"As you wish, madam. I agree with Stobart. Those two veteran fighters are beyond our skill to enact any justice upon them. The bandits accosting travellers on the path, however, I think are not. When do we start? I assume tomorrow to allow our clerics time to regain their Gods' blessings? In the meantime, we can ask about them at the front gate."

Acting upon the suggestion, he makes his way to the front door of the inn. "Anyone wish to accompany me?"
Last edited by Quonundrum on Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"I will come with you!"

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#185 Post by Scott308 »

I will post on Sunday. I have a question I'm waiting for a response on before I post.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#186 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sounds great!

Let’s consider this mid morning then, by the time everyone is up and active.

You can bring your questions here once you’re ready.

viewtopic.php?t=12926

Scott308

#187 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

"OK, let me get this straight- Dredd was here, but wandered off this morning, and Sylla disappeared on the way back to the keep?" He looks around, waiting for confirmation that he is correct. "I think the first thing we need to do is find Dredd. It sounds like he is probably still around the keep somewhere, and in the condition he's in, probably not going very far. And he's pretty recognizable if we run into anyone who saw him. Then we can figure out how to deal with the bandits and hopefully track down Sylla." As he waits to hear his companions' thoughts, he absentmindedly unties an odd string that is on his sword, dropping it on the floor.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

GreyWolfVT

#188 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim confirms what Crobeus asks about when he looks around for confirmation. "Well it also depends on if they want to be found. I think the first this is look for Dredd as you suggested. Then deal with the bandits. After that we can try looking for Sylla but last time we saw her was just about at the cave of the skeletons. If nobody has found Sylla by now I imagine we won't have much luck."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"The logical first place to check is the front gate. If either Dredd or Sylla were seen since yesterday morning. Renna and I will go there, along with anyone else who wishes to join us. Aside from there, I'm not sure where else to check in the keep."

Scott308

#190 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

"I haven't been here since I was a child, so I don't even know what else is here. There must be a smith; maybe he went to get armor or a weapon repaired? Does anyone know if he knows someone that lives here?"

GreyWolfVT

#191 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim "Crobeus let's go see if there is a smith about. I can't imagine with the guards here that they don't have one. So let's go for a walk."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#192 Post by OGRE MAGE »

You had to walk right past this building, so you can assume what it is: viewtopic.php?p=673990#p673990

If there is another unlisted area you'd like to search, let me know and I will get a thread started for that location.

Scott308

#193 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

"Sounds good, Pim." The paladin gets up and heads to the door. Realizing he actually has no idea where anything is located, he pauses to allow Pim to go ahead of him.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#194 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

"I'll go with you to the smith," the young ranger says curious what they might find there and hoping Dredd might be seeking new armors.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#195 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The smaller group heads over to the smithy, passing all kinds of new merchant wagons and carts along the way. With the sudden influx in people and animals around, it is clear that today must be Market Day at the Keep.

There are a few people outside the building when they arrive, looking over a rusty metal tank with a hole in it. One of them appears to be the owner.

You can get the buildings description from the first couple posts here: viewtopic.php?t=12993

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by shaidar »

Stobart wakes with a start, wondering how he managed to drop off just after a very enjoyable breakfast with all this commotion going on. He stretches and winces, remembering the aches and pains from lugging his big, heavy, dead-weight friends back to the keep yesterday.

He stands and gingerly stretches, deciding that what he needs is some fresh air and exercise, so he heads out to the front gates to watch the merchants, the sights and sounds being very familiar from his days working in the family haulage business.

I'll post something in the front gates thread in a bit later.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#197 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Back at the Tavern/Inn for a nice late breakfast, the group reunites to discuss their next endeavor.

Crabgrass remains quiet, but Stobart and Meinhardt have high hopes for disrupting and possibly eliminating the bandit ring in the area.

The stunted half-orc Skratch is happy to listen to ideas, adding what she can along the way between mouthfuls of proffered eats.

Magdal and her friends find their way back in time to discuss with the others as well.

Any plans on where to go next can be discussed right here.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

Quiet since he has remained at the inn to study his spells and prayers.

If this Skratch wants to reinforce us then along with mage Dubricus we have a rounded team to offset losing Dredd & Sylla.

So my suggestion is "buy extra oil, lanterns, torches" to cope with any more trolls about and choose between bounty hunting bandits or returning to the Caves and investigating the ledges and caves of the Trophy Heads. He would advise skipping a return to the Kobolds and expects the Goblin tribe to be as similarly troublesome for little reward.

In a vote, he raises a hand for the latter choice but follows a group majority.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#199 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"Indeed. Sabine at the front gate said Dredd passed through at first light, mumbling something about revenge. Skratch saw him moving in the direction of the caves. Sabine also suspects those bandits operate out of the skeleton cave or the Caves of Chaos. We know it's not the former, so I agree with investigating the cave with the trophy heads. She also mentioned they are collecting to provide a reward for eliminating the threat."

"I suggest we leave at dawn, tomorrow."

GreyWolfVT

#200 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim returning from the Smithy "Probably a better lead than we got from the Smithy. He hadn't seen Dredd stop by for a while saw him walk by but not stop in."

Return to “Areas of the Keep”