(15) The One-Eyed Cat (Tavern)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (15) The One-Eyed Cat (Tavern)

#161 Post by shaidar »

With regards the healing tomorrow, Stobart is going to use his three spells for healing, starting with getting Renna conscious so she can get spells too.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#162 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Go ahead and post any healing rolls here, since the wounded are staying here as well.

Also a good time to start discussing your next moves so I can get an idea of where we are going once you are ready to leave again.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by shaidar »

Stobart casts his first spell on Renna (who's at - 3):
CLW: [1d8]=7

He then follows up with Crobeus:
CLW: [1d8]=3

The Meinhardt:
CLW: [1d8]=1

Did they get any hps back from a nights sleep?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

After casting Identify, Keep shopping and a late night in the tavern, he eventually flakes out in his bunk. The next day, doing his prayers and studies, ministering whatever grace he can to his injured comrades.

Crabgrass: casts Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=4 [1d8]=3 [1d8]=8

I thought I had cast a CLW but apparently not, but I know I was injured too and so will use the above on myself +4hp, Meinhardt +3hp and Croebus, +8hp.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#165 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus

After healing spells are applied to him, Crobeus slowly and shakily gets to his feet. Looking around, he notices the sorry state of the expedition members. Seeing Crabgrass, he inquires as to the success of the other expedition. "I hope your group met with better fortune than ours." Seeing that not all of his companions are present, he continues his queries. "Are the others in the dining room? Are Pim and Sylla with them?"
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass
"I hope your group met with better fortune than ours."
"We fumbled around meeting goblins and a troll. Then explored a Kobold lair coming back with more wounds, bruises and trivial Kobold junk. Painted coins, glass blown marbles, hollow reeds, sticky web strands. Bugs found an interesting bone that could be a wand of sorts or a glorified chopstick."
"Are the others in the dining room? Are Pim and Sylla with them?"
He shares who is around and says he met a Mage at the Keep who doubles as a school teacher who might, very loosely, have some experience of adventuring around the Caves.

He says that others left to go exploring the riverbank and that Sylla seems to have moved on to greener pastures or fallen in with the bandits.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"Pim is downstairs, at breakfast. Sylla vanished on our way back to the keep, we looked but couldn't find her."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#168 Post by OGRE MAGE »

My usual approach to natural healing is 1 hit point recovered for resting uncomfortably (sleeping on a hard floor in a tavern or dungeon) I allow double that for sleeping in more comfortable settings. (in a bed or somewhere else that's safe and comfortable) So everyone who sleeps in a bed at the Keep will regain 2 hit points naturally overnight.

Early Morning In The Tavern

Once awakened and refreshed with magical healing, those present discuss what each group have accomplished and where they will go next. (hopefully)

Stobart uses all of his daily prayers to help his friends, and Crabgrass does the same.

Renna, Crobeus, and Mienhardt are all brought back to the world of the living again. The group is a bit concerned when they find their large half-orc friend has already left the building. Dredd didn't leave a note or tell anyone where he was going, he is simply gone. When they ask the early morning cleaning lady in the tavern if she saw him, she tells them he wandered off about an hour ago, looking barely alive, but mentioned nothing about where he was going.

Pim eventually returns, glad to see Magdal and the others are still doing well, with everyone standing on their own again. So far nobody complains about how much their friends actually weigh in full arms and armor. :mrgreen:

Actions?

Magdal Haldeene AC7 15/16
Pimlan Greenstride AC6 7/9
Stobart Galt AC5 10/10 CLW, CLW, CLW
Meinhardt AC10 4/5
Crobeus AC3 10/10
Renna Kellamin AC4 6/9
Crabgrass: Half-Elf C/MU AC7 7/7 CLWx3

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"We had to pay the bandits again on our way back to the keep. Pimlan paid out 45 gold. Here is my part of that..."

He hands Pim two platinum pieces.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#170 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

"I'm afraid I'm flat broke, so I'll have to repay you later Pimlan," she says still embarrassed to be in such a penniless state. "Maybe Wilf needs some help in the inn and I can earn a little extra to repay you," she adds. She is disappointed Dredd left without so much as a goodbye. So their small group is now two short with the disappearance of Sylla.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

"Knowing Dredd, maybe he has gone to get some vengeance on the bandits?

So, do we form a posse and go after some bandits too and earn a bounty from the Keep or pick another cave to explore?"

With guys back up their wounds, he is interested to get the perspective of those just healed. He will bring any up to date with his own exploration into the Goblin and Kobold caves.

"We all have reasons to earn extra coin. Not least my own need of magical research and blessed offerings."

How do folk feel about bringing an npc Mage along? I am thinking of this Dubricus fellow. He may be a great help or a liability, I don't know for sure. But my group soon exhausted our spell casting ability so just from that extra resource, he might be worth inviting.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"Pimlan, please accept these as recompense for paying the bandits." He offers Pimlan two platinum coins from a belt pouch. Meinhardt also offers a platinum coin to Magdal, "I will not accept a companion to be penniless."

Crabgrass's suggestion to avenge themselves on the bandits receives a very resolute reply. "I agree. We must eradicate those bandits with extreme prejudice."

With Dubricus along we'd be pretty stacked magically.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#173 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I think most of the folks from this mission are in here, so.....

Here is an XP reward for the One Cave crew: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 47#p691147

I don't think anyone leveled, but please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#174 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:38 pm Stobart

"We had to pay the bandits again on our way back to the keep. Pimlan paid out 45 gold. Here is my part of that..."

He hands Pim two platinum pieces.
Pim gives the money back "No need. I'm quite happy to have covered it this round. But we really need to do something about those bandits or we'll be broke before we can find any treasure on our little adventures. That is if we don't die in the process."
Darithe wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:48 pm Magdal

"I'm afraid I'm flat broke, so I'll have to repay you later Pimlan," she says still embarrassed to be in such a penniless state. "Maybe Wilf needs some help in the inn and I can earn a little extra to repay you," she adds. She is disappointed Dredd left without so much as a goodbye. So their small group is now two short with the disappearance of Sylla.
Pim "As I said to Stobart don't worry about it. Same goes for you Meinhardt." he doesn't take anyone's offered money. He sits down and tries to come up with a plan for the bandits. "How are the others doing?" he asks.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna when she opens her eyes she will wonder how we got back to the keep and will listen to the tale and thank all those involved. She will offer to pay Pim two PP for passing the bandits. (based on the previous post I will assume that is rejected, but still happy to pay if taken by the halfling.)

She will check herself and make sure she is all in one piece.

"My first thought is I am very worried about two of our party members disappearing. One might wander off, but two is suspicious. We need to check with the gate on Dredd. We are NOT bound into service, but I want to know that he is OK. Sylla disappearing is even more strange. I have wild random thoughts on this but perhaps this is just my still brain working its way back to the conscious world - can you describe the persons that tried to ambush us outside the cave?

Once we find out what we can, we should take care of those bandits. They must be camping near the keep perhaps one of the keep guards on the tower has seen smoke and could point us to their camp. I would like to surprise them where it they do not have the advantage. What do you all think?"

Assuming that I still have my spells memorized

"Where is my manners, does anyone need healing of the body or damage equipment?"

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"There were two veteran fighters, very experienced, as they effortlessly shrugged off my Sleep spell. I also agree about Dredd. Checking with the Front Gate is a logical next step."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"Those two warriors at the cave were certainly way beyond our skill. The bandits on the path, however, may be something we can deal with. We should try and get some kind of help from the keep, I'm sure they'd want them gone too. Those bandits know something of what's going on at the cave, so we might learn something from them for the future."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#178 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim "Yes, the men we encountered at the odd skeleton cave were more experienced fighters. Too bad they wouldn't have joined us and helped. But I'm just thinking out loud. No point in me dwelling on what ifs. I do agree we should speak with the guards at the gate."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"I assume they are the same men that dissuaded us from travelling the wagon path."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"I'm thinking they might be. Didn't we hear a crossbow then?"

Return to “Areas of the Keep”