OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

(14) The Green Man Inn

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

IMG_3381.jpeg
IMG_3381.jpeg (13.92 KiB) Viewed 813 times
Owned by: Wilf and Calista Beasley

This 2-story building has been housing merchants, travelers, and adventurers since the Keep was built. Remodeled numerous times after raids caused extensive damage, the place still looks and feels homey after a long trip on the rough road. The same family has run the business since its inception, the current proprietor a man named Wilf, who is the son-in-law of the late Beasley. Wilf is joined by his wife Calista, who does most of the chores, keeping the rooms fresh and tidy. They also own and run the tavern, the adjoined building right next door.

Calista takes the reservations and greets potential customers while Wilf tends to the bar.

Rooms:
(each room sleeps up to 4)
1gp per night
6gp per week

There are 10 rooms in total, though 2 of them are already filled.

If you are looking for a room or any information about folks staying here, post your interest here.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (14) The Green Man Inn

#2 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna will walk in and approach Calista saying, "Hi, my name is Renna, I would like to get a room for evening for myself and a few of my friends. Looks like from the sign they are 1 gold piece." Assuming that Calista is amenable to the transaction, she will give her the gp.

1 gp subtracted.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

IMG_1907.jpeg
IMG_1907.jpeg (82.17 KiB) Viewed 761 times

Calista

The hardworking woman in her late fourties’ is kind and eager to help make your stay at her inn a pleasant one. In between her duties in the tavern kitchen, Calista handles all the necessary tasks of running and maintaining the local hotel.

“Yes, hello there, and welcome Renna! It’s one gold per night, and each room sleeps up to four people comfortably. Do you have any requests or specific needs for the room? Big beds? Small beds? We have a variety.”

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"Hello. I would like to rent a room for one occupant. Preferably one with a large bed and a writing desk."

-1 gp

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"Thank you for your kindness Calista, I am still working through which of my friends will be staying with me so no requests at this time. Thank you again!"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#6 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Calista nods at Renna, handing her a key. “No problem. Happy to help with anything you need.”

Then she addresses Mienhardt. ”We have rooms with a desk, but they have more than one bed. Would that be sufficient?”

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"That would be just fine. Thank you, Calista."

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by ateno »

Keya

" Hello, I just popped over from the tavern, I want to get a room for tonight. A wash for my clothing, dirty from the trail. Can I get same tra and breakfast from you, or do I go next door?"

Keya Redd

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#9 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Calista gets Keya set up for the night.

“Our rooms are 1 gold per night, and that includes breakfast. Are you asking for yours to be delivered to your room?”

“Our laundry service is 5 silver extra, is that acceptable?”

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by ateno »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:48 pm Calista gets Keya set up for the night.

“Our rooms are 1 gold per night, and that includes breakfast. Are you asking for yours to be delivered to your room?”

“Our laundry service is 5 silver extra, is that acceptable?”
"No, no delivery, and I will happily pay for wash,"

-1G -5S

"Just show me my room so I can put my stuff down,
. Thank you."

Keya Redd

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#11 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Those who purchased a room at the Inn are all shown their accommodations for the night.

Everyone finds the place to be quiet and quaint, just what a tired adventurer needs between jobs. :mrgreen:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

The Gnome walks in after finishing conversations in the tavern. "Hi There. This place looks just as I remembered. I don't think I ever had the money to stay here, though. That changes tonight!"

Bugs looks up at the Innkeeper and smiles. "A room, please. The name's Bugs."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#13 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Calista smiles and takes the gnomes coin.

"Hello there, Bugs. So, you have been to the Keep before then? Long ago? You look just like Peppy, our local gnomish bird whisperer and mushroom farmer. Is he a relative?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

He smiles "Yup. He's my Da. I mean, do you think all gnomes....man, I can't even. I'm in such a good mood. I just found out Dev is still here and in charge! Amazing."

Bugs pauses and inquires. "Wait. Mushrooms? I'm glad about he's been keeping on with the birds, but what kind of mushrooms? The stew kind? Never mind, I'll ask him when he gets back from fishing."

"I left around thirty years ago, time to wander, you know. The keep was a bit different then. Not bad, really, just different. Were you here then? You would have been a little kid at most."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#15 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Calista continues with a joke.

"Well, to us, a lot of you do look alike."

She almost gushes after the last comment.

"Ha! How old do you think I......never mind that. No, I wasn't here then, but this business has been in our family one way or another almost my entire life."

"Do you remember ol" Beasley? The original tavern owner? Well, he was my father, gods rest his soul."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

He thinks for a moment, then brightens up. "Yeah, yeah. Beasley. He ran me out of here a few times, if I recall. Wasn't there a loft above here at one point? Gods, I miss exploring all over the keep. You're his little girl, huh? I'm sure he's proud that you've kept up the family tradition."

"I'm sorry to hear he's gone. I hope it was peaceful."

Bugs' smile fades a bit. "I never know what to say to humans about death. You are all so quick, it doesn't seem fair."

He nods and thanks Calista again.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

Arrives at the Green Man Inn.

"Hello, I am with my friend Bugs and a few other colleagues. We will be needing some rest and recuperation after our trek. Fascinating but exhausting too."

He will secure a room for us for a couple of days at least, paying his share, -2gp.

After that he will dump his stuff and then set about securing a hot bath, laundry and food for the evening.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#18 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Calista smiles at Crabgrass.

“You're in luck, as we only have two rooms left. Tomorrow is Market Day, so we usually fill up.”

She takes your bath and laundry orders, trying to learn what she can.

“Did you run into any trouble out there?”

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Stirling »

“Did you run into any trouble out there?”
Crabgrass, "I am sure our experience is not unusual. Brigands waylaying stragglers, fellow groups of swordsmen and halflings wandering about to adventure.

The fabled caves are an enigma. Humanoid groups clustered together. Good job they don't unite as one band! In truth we were not so well prepared but I think a second delve in a few days time might see us get further than peeking into the cave entrances. We don't have any heroic exploits or discoveries to boast about; cuts, bruises and falling for traps was the main experience."

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#20 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn-Dwarf fighter

Loyn goes to the inn,“Good day Calista! I’d like a room and hot bath as well! Had a bad time with some honey today and need to spiffy up!

Whoever wants to room with Loyn can.

2gp deducted

Return to “Areas of the Keep”