Newish TTRPG, old school CRPG player intrigued by OSR

Post here to introduce yourself.
archolewa
Tracker
Tracker

Newish TTRPG, old school CRPG player intrigued by OSR

#1 Post by archolewa »

I was introduced to TTRPGs about 3.5 years ago through DnD 5e (though I soured on 5e, and bowed out of that campaign). However, I'm a huge fan of old school CRPGs, especially games in the style of the old Wizardry 1-5 games. The types of games where your characters start out weak as kittens, and have to contend with all sorts of horrors that can one-shot you, paralyze you, level drain you, ambush you and wipe you out before you even know what's going on, that sort of thing. But also games chock full of cool gear, and where your characters become noticeably more competent as they level up, but never quite invincible.

Needless to say, I've been very interested in the OSR, and would love to try my hands at a game of that nature.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Newish TTRPG, old school CRPG player intrigued by OSR

#2 Post by Scott308 »

Welcome! There are plenty of old school games here, so you should find something that catches your eye. Good luck and have fun!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Welcome Aboard archolewa!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#4 Post by OGRE MAGE »