Hello, Greyhawk Grognard here!

Post here to introduce yourself.
zagygthemad
Scout
Scout

Hello, Greyhawk Grognard here!

#1 Post by zagygthemad »

Been playing D&D and Traveller since 1981! I play all versions of D&D up to 3.5, currently mostly 1st and 2nd edition on RPoL when a new friend reminded me this site was here, I'd forgotten it! I also play OSE, OSRIC, Rules Cyclopedia and BECMI. I also play Classic Traveller and Mongoose Traveller. I'm 62 years old, started playing AD&D in the Army in Germany in 1981! Disabled now and online 12 hours a day, 365 days a year including holidays! :mrgreen:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Hello, Greyhawk Grognard here!

#2 Post by Rex »

Welcome Aboard zagygthemad!

zagygthemad
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by zagygthemad »

Thank you Rex! Appreciate that! Where can I find a Rules Cyclopedia, 1st edition, or 2nd edition Greyhawk game? How does one go about applying to, or getting accepted into a game?

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by sastaz »

Hello Zagyg! I'm Swedish and unfortunately missed the B/X era with just a couple of years, having only glared at them as a kid.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

For Greyhawk games I think the list would be (in order from top to bottom)
Big Shiny Island (1E)
Revisiting the Classics: Mod 1 "Return to Kendall Keep" (1E)
Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)
Earthquakes in the Jotens (1E)
Greyhawk Campaign Sandbox (1E)
There might be 1 or 2 more hiding but I don't think so. I recommend PMing the DM of any game you are interested in and asking if you can join. Big Shiny Island, Revisiting the Classics... (Both Ogre Mage) are sandboxes and usually accepting new characters. Greyhawk Campaign Sandbox (DMW71) is starting up but a little ways off yet, I think it is still accepting characters. I also recommend if interested just ask, most DM's will put you on a wait list if they can't handle anymore characters at the moment. I like Greyhawk (I am in everyone of the above games) , but you may want to check some of the other settings too as there are lots of great games on here covering an interesting mix of settings and rules.

zagygthemad
Scout
Scout

#6 Post by zagygthemad »

Oh I know! ;-) Thanks, I've played in a ton of settings, home brews, FR, but I prefer Greyhawk, mainly because of the wiki, and the fact that I pretty much have EVERYTHING Greyhawk! Knowing the right people also gets you great reference material! ;-)

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Spearmint »

Barrowmaze is a 1st ed D&D, not set in Greyhawk but covers the same classes and races from the Player's Handbook.

We have an open recruitment. So check the game forum out and if it piques your interest, you can roll a character and be added to the group profile in no time.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by max_vale »

Hey there, welcome aboard! I too am a huge Greyhawk fan.....especially the Carl Sargent 2E stuff....I think the poor guy gets a bad rap and wrote some WONDERFUL stuff.....but anyhoo, welcome aboard!

zagygthemad
Scout
Scout

#9 Post by zagygthemad »

Greetings Max, I love Sargent too. My favorite is Ivid the Undying, his unpublished one! Thanks for the welcome!

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#10 Post by Scott308 »

Welcome!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

zagygthemad
Scout
Scout

#11 Post by zagygthemad »

Thank you very much!

Return to “Introductions and welcomes”