(1/2) Sabine/Front Gates

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: (1/2) Sabine/Front Gates

#41 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The ladies search through the books together and continue their lovely conversation. "Family is certainly important, isn't it. I came here with my husband and our two little girls myself." She sighs heavily and thinks for a moment. "And thanks to those damn caves, it's just the three of us now."

A little while later, Sabine smiles wide. "Hugo? Was your father's name Hugo Haldeene?"

She points to an entry from almost one year ago to the date. "If so, he was here."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan arrives at the gate at a run, and skids to slow down partial loaf of bread in his hand apparently running and eating he stops and asks "Are Thirteen and Crobeus still outside?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#43 Post by OGRE MAGE »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:50 am Pimlan arrives at the gate at a run, and skids to slow down partial loaf of bread in his hand apparently running and eating he stops and asks "Are Thirteen and Crobeus still outside?"
Sabine looks up from her book and down at the halfling, pointing to the closed gate, dropped portcullis, and raised drawbridge.

"Ummmmmm........yes."

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal places a tender hand on Sabine's shoulder, "I'm so sorry for your loss." As they study the logs, Magdal's eyes go wide as Sabine finds her father's name. "Yes Hugo Haldeene, that's my da. Does it say how long he was here?" Looks up suddenly as Pim enters.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#45 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Darithe wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:51 pm Magdal

Magdal places a tender hand on Sabine's shoulder, "I'm so sorry for your loss." As they study the logs, Magdal's eyes go wide as Sabine finds her father's name. "Yes Hugo Haldeene, that's my da. Does it say how long he was here?" Looks up suddenly as Pim enters.
Sabine eagerly turns the page in her log book.

"He was only here for 2 days.....and......oh no."

She looks up from the book with concern on her pretty face.

"It says he left for the.....cave of the unknown. But I'm sure he's fine. Maybe he's still out there right now, watching over folks who get themselves in too deep?" She tries to fake a smile.

GreyWolfVT

#46 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:38 pm Sabine looks up from her book and down at the halfling, pointing to the closed gate, dropped portcullis, and raised drawbridge.

"Ummmmmm........yes."
Pimlan dances from foot to foot almost like a kid that has to wee really bad "Aw damn! Can you let me back out to go get them? I forgot they stayed outside. We are making plans that they wanted to join in on. Or is there anyone up there that can see them from the top of the wall?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#47 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sabine looks at the halfling with confusion.

"Sure."

"We can let you out anytime you want."

She orders the opening of gates, portcullis, and drawbridge.......again.

"It's ten gold to get back inside though." She jokes.

Post here if you leave: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... hp?t=12870

GreyWolfVT

#48 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan smiles not catching the joke "Oh ok." he hands her 10 gold pieces "I'm just going out to get them but here you are." he says as he takes another bite of his bread and heads out. He stops "Oh might I get my weapons back please? No telling what could be going on out there If I get jumped by a road bandit I'd like to have something to defend myself with." he says with a smile.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#49 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sabine plays along.

"I can retrieve your weapons, and if you're only going out for a little while, we can wave the fee."

She hands over the weapons and the coins back to the excitable halfling.

"You sure you want to go out there all alone? There is a wild beast that hunts the grasslands to keep the wild deer population in check. It's nearly blinded, but still very dangerous. If it charges you, just stand still until it goes away. That's what I do and it works every time. It helps if you dont stink real bad too, as its normally poor sense of smell is heightened now with its visual impediment."

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#50 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal listens to Pim's excited remarks. Then looks to Sabine, "Ten gold just to re-enter?," she looks astonished, not getting the joke either. "I guess I better investigate things inside before I leave since I won't be able to afford to come back." She gratefully thanks Sabine and gives her a hug before she set out for the tavern. She knew her da liked to tip a few so likely he was there at one point.

GreyWolfVT

#51 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:28 pm Sabine plays along.

"I can retrieve your weapons, and if you're only going out for a little while, we can wave the fee."

She hands over the weapons and the coins back to the excitable halfling.

"You sure you want to go out there all alone? There is a wild beast that hunts the grasslands to keep the wild deer population in check. It's nearly blinded, but still very dangerous. If it charges you, just stand still until it goes away. That's what I do and it works every time. It helps if you dont stink real bad too, as its normally poor sense of smell is heightened now with its visual impediment."
Pimlan takes his weapons back and the money. He nods listening to the advice. "Yes I am going to go back out I can't leave those two out there to die. Thank you for the advice. Glad I don't stink too bad." he then exits through the gate.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#52 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Infamous Caves Of Chaos
Back At The Keep
Getting Dark, Early Evening

Once the party reaches the gates again, Sabine greets them as usual, expecting weapons to be checked or secured per Keep rules.

“The son of Groyn and Company returns in less than a day? What did you all think of our Borderlands? Find anything interesting?“

Actions?

Keya Redd: Half-Elf C/R AC5 7/12 CLWx2
Loyn Shortbeard: Dwarf F AC5 11/12
Bugs Donato: Gnome T AC3 8/8
Crabgrass: Half-Elf C/MU AC7 3/7 CLW Sleep Sanctuary RC
Haldric Hammerheart: Dwarf C AC3 9/12 CLWx3
Rida: Human F AC2 9/10
Gyb the Meager: Human M AC10 6/8

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Rex »

Rida

"We ran away from a troll."

He will check his crossbow and halbred, and tie his dagger and hand axe.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by ateno »

Keya follows the rules also and adds nothing to the conversation.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass
“The son of Groyn and Company returns in less than a day? What did you all think of our Borderlands? Find anything interesting?“
"It was an interesting trek. Meeting fellow travellers along the way and touching base as ut were with our cave dwelling neighbours "

He leans on his staff at the gate and sheathes his mace in his backpack. "If only richer for the experience."

Once any gate protocols are conducted he will head towards the Green Man Inn so he/we can get the choiciest of available rooms.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Jernau35 »

Gyb

"Many bandits. Goblins. Kobolds. Lots of danger for little reward. Gyb even left a javelin back there," Gyb says as he hands over his remaining weapons.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#57 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn-Dwarf Fighter

He greets Sabine with a wink,“Quite interesting indeed, danger and beauty commingled with some luck! Has the other party returned yet?” He peace-bonds his battle axe and hammer, then hands over his dagger and throwing axe for safekeeping.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#58 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sabine

"If you don't mind, I would like to hear all about any bandits you encountered, and how it is you were able to best them."

She looks at Bugs with a very concerned look on her face, responding to the good question from the dwarf. "Your other friends have yet to return."

She looks out at the sky to determine how much light the day still holds.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

Bugs feels Sabines eyes on him, and turns to look behind him. "What? Is there something in my hood?"

He will relinquish his sword and daggers, having more confidence in the safety of town.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Rex »

Rida

"Going, they surprised us and we paid them to let us through. So highwaymen really. Coming back we saw them first and snuck around so we didn't have to deal with them."

Return to “Areas of the Keep”