(1/2) Sabine/Front Gates

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: (1/2) Sabine/Front Gates

#21 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal nods, used to such things as her ma was wary of allowing weapons unbound in her establishment. But rather than do that here, Magdal hands her weapons over to be checked. Giving both her longsword and bow over, she asks Sabine, "Ma'am do recall anyone else named Haldeene, staying here or having visited in the last year or so?," She asks hopefully.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#22 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Getting closer… :D

Sabine nods at Stobart. “So many of our visitors want to rush off to those damn caves. Just be careful when you do, you hear?”

She catches Bugs peeking at her book and snaps it closed, nearly pinching his nose in it. She glares down at the gnome with disgust, opening the log again to scribble something next to his name. “I’ll be watching you.”

Sabine then looks at Magdal with a kind smile. “I don’t recall hearing that name before, so it’s unlikely they stayed here long……..BUT, if they left their real name, it will be in my logs somewhere. Unless there is some reason they wouldn’t use their real name?”

Two more cats come to investigate the newcomers, one of them scratching itself along the lower leg of Gyb’s crusty trousers.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by sastaz »

Quonundrum wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:14 pm Meinhardt

Meinhardt deposits his dagger at the gate, keeping his staff in hand. He gazes about the area, examining each building in turn. One might think he was considering a real estate investment. When Sylla broaches the topic of the hermit with Rida again, he casually sidles over to join the pair. "Mind if I join you? I yearn for a finer repast than the trail food we've endured; an elfin cider sounds particularly enticing."
Sylla gives Meinhardt a subtle sidestare as he approaches, but then lights up in a broad smile.

"Not at all, by all means please do. Are you trained in the arts? You certainly look the way. Are you also interested in the whereabouts of this hermit? Myself I am actually not that interested in the man as such, but in an item in his possession. So we might join forces in this endeavor."

She turns back to Rida.

"What about you, silent man? Are you also looking for this man? With the very short lifespan of men, I fear he might not be alive though."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan checks his weapons, at first he almost went with the peace bonding but then changed his mind. He hands them over. "I'll check mine. Here you go."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#25 Post by Hotgoblin »

shaidar wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:46 am Stobart

"Hopefully we will find more than two of us who are be interested in the bandits, but I must admit I'm also also interested in the caves. My father told me about them too. Not that it isn't possible to do both, of course, well not at the same time I suppose. Plenty of time for the discussion of plans over a hot meal and a good pint of ale. One of the things I really enjoy about travelling is trying out the different local food and drink."
Loyn-dwarf fighter

Loyn nods in agreeance with Stobart,“Yes, we’ll have to get more information from Sabine regarding the bandits whereabouts and what not. Many of our fellow travelers are here for their own causes, hopefully we can recruit some to help with that.

I too am interested in the caves, my father had given me some maps and other information, he is the main reason I’ve come here.” His stomach growls again as he smiles…“I’m in need of a tasty meal and something to wet my whistle! Shall we?” He gestures toward the tavern.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

He responds to Sylla, although his attention is partly occupied with Bugs's colorful interaction with Sabine. "Indeed, I am trained in the Arts." Switching to Elvish, he bows and continues, "I would be delighted to share and discuss our knowledge at your convenience." Reverting to Common, he holds up a long index finger, "Just a moment, please."

After Sabine nearly flattens Bugs's inquisitive nose, Meinhardt more formally introduces himself to the gatekeeper. "Excuse me, Sabine? As we approached the keep, we observed an odd fellow leaving, wearing some kind of strange shell or carapace upon his back. Do you know anything of him?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rex »

Rida

Rida takes the cords and binds his hand axe and dagger to his belt and it's sheath.

Responding to Sylla "I am Rida. No not looking for hermit, avoiding the hermit."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by shaidar »

Stobart nods at Loyn

"A man after my own heart! Maps, eh? Foreworned is forearmed, as they say. Renna, the elf lady, seems a good sort. We traveled a, way together from Greyhill. I believe she has an interest in the mines to. Lead on!"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by ravenn4544 »

Haldric also pauses to listen to the discussion regarding bandits as he ties up his weapons. "It makes sense to take care of such a course threat. Especially if they would be waiting for us as we depart the caverns! How many bandits have you seen on the road?"

Haldric can't help but be encouraged by the friendly welcome at the gates.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#30 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Despite her tough exterior, Sabine seems genuinely eager to help welcome and guide you all into the Keep. Once she and the pair of guards are content that all weapons are either checked or bound, they allow the group further inside the inner courtyard.

Haldric and Pimlan comply with the weapons rule, the dwarf’s interest piqued by the discussion of bandits. Sabine replies. “Oh, I’ve seen none myself, master dwarf. But people who come here say they’re everywhere. Come see me once you’re fed and rested, I’m happy to tell you all I know.”

Her response to Meinhardt is almost comical. “A WHAT now? So, you mean……like…..a… crab man? Are you………sure?” She peers at the 2 guards. “Sounds like someone’s stumbled across one of Peppy’s mushroom patches.” They both laugh, she just shakes her head and smiles. “Not sure on that one, sorry.”

She shoos one of the cats away with her boot and addresses the group. “I hope you enjoy your stay at the Keep, everyone! Let me know if you have any problems while you’re here, and we will do everything we can to clear them up.”

With that, you can either continue chatting here, ask more questions, or move on to new (unlocked) areas. Again, here is a basic walkthrough of the sights and smells on the way to wherever you’re going. https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 00#p672100

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by shaidar »

Stobart heads over to the tavern, checking that Loyn, Haldric and Renna are also heading in that direction.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rex »

Rida

Rida heads to the tavern.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by ravenn4544 »

Haldric follows along to the Tavern. "Would my weary bones well to eat and drink a bit before getting down to business!"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan heads to the tavern figuring that is probably where Mouse is.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

He suspects Sabine's mirth was a bit forced, but he let's it slide. In fact, as he thinks about it more, the keep bears scars of previous raids, yet she has never seen any of these bandits, herself? He lets these thoughts brew in his mind as he follows the others to the tavern.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal nods and asks tentatively, "Might I peruse your logbooks for his name? Or is that not permitted?" She looks hopefully to Sabine.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#37 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The heavy gates are closed again. The portcullis is lowered into place, and the drawbridge is raised, sealing the front entrance off to the outside world completely.

Once everyone else is on their way, and the guards return to their duties on the wall, Sabine taps her hand on Magdal’s shoulder gently. “I suppose it’s okay if we look together. Come on. Let’s do some digging.”

Inside the guardhouse is clean and tidy, with a shelf of books just like the one Sabine is holding. “I’ve been doing this job for almost 7 years, so I know the records are accurate at least that far back. Can you guess about when we should start?”

“Say, I don’t mean to pry, but you look sorta young to be out in the wild all alone. What did you do back in Longspear, if I may ask?”

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal smiles gratefully at Sabine, "Thank you ma'am. I expect we need go no further back than a year. I last saw him in the fall of the last year." She follows Sabine into the guardhouse. "How old am I? Well I will be 18 on my next birthday. I worked at my ma's inn, first helping serving, until I put a handsy man in his place. After that I got regulated to mucking the stable. Horses are less handsy then men and generally more agreeable."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#39 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sabine smiles at the comment. "Good for you. Even if you did get demoted."

She pulls out the log books from the last year and hands one to Magdal. "It might take a little while, but if your father's name is in one of these, we can find it."

She shows you the basics of how names are recorded, fingering through the long lists of names.

"Let's see........Haldeene.........Haldeene........."

"So your father was a woodsman? It seems you may have acquired some of his skills yourself, no?"

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Her eyes scroll down the listings looking for her name. "Yes ma'am," Magdal says proudly, "he was a woodsman and he taught me all I know." She patiently looks through the lists.

Return to “Areas of the Keep”