First Gentleman
First Gentleman

(1/2) Sabine/Front Gates

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

IMG_1900.jpeg
IMG_1900.jpeg (48.72 KiB) Viewed 1359 times
IMG_1901.jpeg
IMG_1901.jpeg (45.98 KiB) Viewed 1359 times

This is where any encounters at the front gates or business with Sabine will take place.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: (1/2) Sabine/Front Gates

#2 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Please read the final post in the Arrival thread before reading this.

Like most of my games, Keep activities will be run in separate location threads to track information easier in the future. If you want to do something at the Chapel for instance, you would post your action in the Chapel thread etc.

Sabine

The woman at the gate stares you down a little longer before opening the door to greet everyone properly. She is tall, clearly fit, with long dark hair, pulled back from her face. She is adorned in impressive looking chain armor and wearing a long sword on her belt. Her armor bears no insignia or house standard, but otherwise appears to be in impeccable condition.

“Greetings everyone, and welcome to Kendall Keep. I’m Sabine, and I keep the gate here, obviously. I can direct you to where you need to go from here, but we have one more little thing to deal with first.”

“We don’t allow fighting of any kind inside the keep, so we’ve adopted a little rule while you visit. You can either check all your weapons with us and leave them here, or you can take the more popular choice of peace-bonding them.”

She pulls out a handful of colorful strips of braided cloth and demonstrates tying her own sword hilt to its scabbard. She points out how maces and other exposed weapons could also be secured to belts, but doesn’t bother with carried items such as staves.

“If you don’t have a means to tie them, you can purchase some of these official Keep ties, handcrafted right here in our downtime. They only cost one silver each, and you can use them anytime you visit.”

Two serious looking, heavily armored men arrive from inside the tower to join Sabine, looking over the large group. “Hi folks! Hope you had a pleasant journey.” The other smiles and watches as weapons are presumably tied. “Looks like the Cat’s gonna be full tonight!”

Actions?

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna will produce a silver piece and say "Could I please purchase an official Keep tie for my dagger? Also if would be possible to direct me to where many of us could secure lodging? Thank you."

1 sp marked off

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Jernau35 »

Gyb

"A knife for skinning rabbits only, and spears to keep danger well away from Gyb. For eating he will trust the tavern to have forks and knives and for the second he will trust Lady Sabine". Gyb hands over his dagger gracefully, and makes a hash of handing over his quarrel of javelins, spilling several.

"Sorry", Gyb smiles bashfully, as he retrieves them. "Yours, of course".

"Gyb will follow his nose to the food. But his feet hurt so much, a cobbler would be most kind of you, if you know".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

Rida

Rida will hand over his crossbow and halbred. "Dagger and axe please." He digs around and hands her 2sp.

1=1sp 2 or 3=2sp 4=3sp [1d4]=3

"I am looking for the tavern?"

Sheet updated.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"Thank you Sabine, it's certainly good to be here at last. My father has told me a few stories of this place."

He will hand over his hammer to the guards, but hangs on to his staff.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

"I have a sidearm." a standing joke since his left is prosthetic. At right hip a functional but rarely used mace. "More of a fly swatter but I can keep it on a short leash. Perhaps someone more dextrous could tie it?"

As he turns to allow someone to help the Peace-bond he will casually peruse the gatehouse

Crabgrass: casual notice of Concealed Doors vs 1 [1d6]=2

principally trying to spot anything considered 'concealed' such as a disguised entrance, spyhole in the Keep gates, sewer manhole. These things could prove useful knowledge.

Once sorted he will head to the tavern with others.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by sastaz »

Sylla

Sorry, US sites were not responding yesterday evening, local time, so I'm a bit late updating.

Sylla follows Rida inside the keep, not really trying to be secret about it. She purchases one of the branded strips and ties up her mace according to instructions. Then she walks over to Rida (trying to look over her shoulder and see if Meinhardt tags along).

"I'm sorry, it seems we were interrupted. Rida, I am very interested in hearing about this mad hermit, if you happen to have any more information on the subject. It's a delicate matter, I will explain to you later. Oh, I think Sabine said the tavern was this way. Here, just round the bend. Do you think they serve elfin cyder?"

1 s deducted

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by ateno »

Keya will buy a peace bond for his Long bow as its a family heirloom and surrender his hand axe and halburd.

-1sp, updated.

Keya

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

Meinhardt deposits his dagger at the gate, keeping his staff in hand. He gazes about the area, examining each building in turn. One might think he was considering a real estate investment. When Sylla broaches the topic of the hermit with Rida again, he casually sidles over to join the pair. "Mind if I join you? I yearn for a finer repast than the trail food we've endured; an elfin cider sounds particularly enticing."

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#11 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn-dwarf fighter

Loyn is very gracious as he and the others are allowed inside.“Thank you Sabine…I was sincere with my words of help. I offer my strength and determination toward ridding this area of bandits. Although, I’d like to better my knowledge of the keep first, can we talk tomorrow evening?

He’ll purchase the braided cloth for his battle axe, but hands over the hammer, dagger and throwing axe with a wink and payment.Then his stomach growls loudly.“Guess I’m in need of some rations soon! Though, I do have a question for you Sabine, my father had spoken of a human named Cobb, is that a familiar name to you? If yes, where could I seek them out?” He secures the braided cloth to his battle axe.

3sp deducted
Last edited by Hotgoblin on Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"I too would be interested in helping to get rid of these bandits, they are certainly not good for anyone travelling in the area."

Edit for clarity: he is heading with the others in the direction of the inn
Last edited by shaidar on Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

Sighing grumpily, Dredd hands over his quiver of javelins and spear. He uses one of the ribbons and tries to tie up his dagger, but is all thumbs about it. "Erm...a little help...please?" he says to Sabine...or anyone else who volunteers.
Afterward, he nods his thanks and says, "Moseley? Could you point me in his direction?"
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rex »

Rida

Deleted, post in wrong location.
Last edited by Rex on Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

He just about goes red when Sabine declares all weapons must be removed. The appearance of two twicelings from the tower manages the impossible task of silencing his retort.

His eyes dart around, trying to find a way to get past this obstacle, looking to drop a weapon or two in someone's pack.
PP (40): [1d100]=74
PP (40): [1d100]=38

A dagger drops on the ground, and he sheepishly has to pick it up and place it in the basket.

He follows this with his longsword, then another dagger. And another, and finally one more. "One tie, please." -1sp

"Bouncy Person Sabine, I'm looking for my Father. But I'd like to surprise him, so could you point the way? Oh! And I guess tell Lord Wledig that you are doing a fine job."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#16 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I will try to get a few replies in while I have a sec.

Sabine smiles at Renna. “Thanks for your support, Renna. You can find lodging either in the common room of the tavern, or if you have the coin, at The Green Man, our famous inn. It’s just on the other side of the Keep, directly across from us here.”

She isn’t sure what to make of Gyb’s antics initially, but directs him anyway. “You’re in luck, Gyb. We have a very good cobbler here. Second house on the left, just around that corner. And yes, you do need a bath!” She points down the lane, past the obvious stable and warehouse across the street.

“Thank you Rida, the kids will be so happy. The tavern is right next to the inn, just follow the road around that way and you’ll walk right to it.”

Sabine looks a little sideways at the remark from Crabgrass regarding his prosthetic arm, but is glad for his his compliance. The half-elf doesn’t spot anything out of the ordinary during his scan of the area.

“Thank you again Loyn. You are generous for a…..ummm……yes. I will be here anytime you want to discuss bandit eradication, master dwarf. And yes, of course. Everyone around here knows Cobb. He’s a hunter, and wood chopper, and a few other things I won’t name, if you get me.” She winks and looks a few pages back in her book. ”Sorry, he’s still out in the woods, apparently. You’ll find him in the tavern when he does get back, though.”

“I am glad to hear that Stobart. Perhaps you and Loyn can team up, as they say.”

“Oh, yes Dredd, I almost forgot. Moseley is our Quartermaster. Has been since this place was built, in fact. That man has heard every story there is about things that go on around here. You’ll walk right past him on the way to the tavern.”

And finally she looks to Bugs the gnome, still unsure how to scrutinize his style. She takes his coin with a stern glance. “Watch yourself now, we can’t have you hopping around here like some crazed bunny. I can only guess your father must be Peppy, right? The resemblance is striking.” She goes back to her log book. “He’s currently out fishing with his buddy Tarlac.”

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

"Hopefully we will find more than two of us who are be interested in the bandits, but I must admit I'm also also interested in the caves. My father told me about them too. Not that it isn't possible to do both, of course, well not at the same time I suppose. Plenty of time for the discussion of plans over a hot meal and a good pint of ale. One of the things I really enjoy about travelling is trying out the different local food and drink."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

He nods and thanks Sabine, trying to remember who Tarlac is. "So, Dredd. Going straight to Moseley or the tavern for a drink?"

Bugs notes that Sabine tracks the every coming and going of the entire castle. He tries to take a glance at the list when she lowers it, to see how many people are tracked.

"Either way, we need to walk that way. Try to blend in. We look like tourists."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

"Right. To the Quartermaster first and then a drink...or two. And something to eat! I want some real food in place of hard tack and rations."
He looks down at the energetic Gnome and sighs. "I take it you're coming with me, eh?"
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#20 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I need everyone to post what they will do about their weapons before I move on. Looks like Magdal, Haldric, and Pim still need to act on that yet. (if Pim is entering)

Once everyone is ready, I will unlock the area threads and we can move out into the Keep.

Thanks for your patience! :D

Return to “Areas of the Keep”