(1/2) Sabine/Front Gates

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: (1/2) Sabine/Front Gates

#61 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sabine gets all the details she can about the bandits positions, writing down notes in a book as she gets the information. "Thank you Rida. Some folks might not have mentioned a problem like that."

She looks back at Bugs with a serious expression.

"It's about Peppy, your father, actually. Did you see him last night, by chance? Did he tell you anything unusual?"

"It seems he and Tarlac never returned from their fishing trip yesterday."
:?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rex »

Rida

“My duty, I used to be a guardsman. I know just how hard a job it is.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

He narrows his eyes at Sabine. "What do you mean, didn't return? Where is he then? I didn't get a chance to talk to him, I thought he was out fishing. But you say he hasn't come back yet. Where is the fishing place? Does he do this sometimes? Not come back?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#64 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:33 pm Bugs

He narrows his eyes at Sabine. "What do you mean, didn't return? Where is he then? I didn't get a chance to talk to him, I thought he was out fishing. But you say he hasn't come back yet. Where is the fishing place? Does he do this sometimes? Not come back?"
Sabine continues.

"I mean he and Tarlac never returned from their latest trip. They are still out there, presumably near the river somewhere. Both families are seriously concerned, as you might imagine."

"You know, Peppy is a strange little fellow. This isn't the first time he has wandered off for a while, checking on his mushrooms and other wilderness endeavors. But Tarlac is not so free spirited. It is highly unusual for the man to be away for this long. Especially overnight."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Rex »

Rida

"If you want help looking for them Bugs I will go with you, best not to go alone."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

He starts to look a bit concerned at the new information. "Thank you, Rida. I would appreciate it. I think I need to talk to the family first, to get an idea of where they went. And there's the other thing I have to do. Are you thinking you could be able to go back out in a couple hours?"

Bugs asks Sabine "This Tarlac, where does he live?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#67 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sabine looks curious.

"What other thing did you need to do?" :D

She points to the corner home just past the gatehouse. (7a)

"You can smell it from here. Their two families live there together. Just look for the fish sign."

viewtopic.php?p=671205#p671205

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Rex »

Rida

I can go as soon as I am needed.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

He blushes and stammers "I, uh, just have to empty my sack."

Man, I can't believe that you let me set you up like that. :lol:

"We found a bunch of fake gold stuff from the kobolds, they must have had a real forgery business going." He fishes in his pocket for a "gold" coin and shows it to Sabine. "Not bad, really."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#70 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol:

Sabine looks the coin over carefully.

"You know......Wilf was telling me about some novice newcomers trying to pass these off as real gold a while back. If I were you, I would clean this paint off before you go doing any shopping with these. Most merchants will hang a bad reputation on you, or worse, for trying to use counterfeit coins."

"So, Kobolds still inhabit at least one of the caves then? I have heard that before, but few adventurers who come back here ever really mention them for some reason. Did you have any unpleasant issues with them at all?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Rex »

Rida

"Yup, all sorts of nasty traps." He chuckles, "One of them dumped a lot of honey on Loyn."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#72 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Where’s Peppy departure:

viewtopic.php?p=689156#p689156

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#73 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Renna's Group Returns:

viewtopic.php?p=689415#p689415

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"Hello. Perchance, has our lost companion, Sylla, arrived since last night? We also seem to have lost another, Dredd, the half-orc. Has he passed through the gate recently?"

"On a related topic, we plan to mete out justice to those bandits accosting travellers on the road. Have you seen any evidence of smoke which may suggest the location of their encampment? Perhaps a reward for eliminating this local menace?"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna will be by the side of Meinhardt

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#76 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Along their way to the gates, Meinhardt and Renna notice that the sleepy little town behind the big grey walls is simply bustling today. Wagons and carts fill the streets, with harkers selling their wares at nearly every open spot between the tavern and the stables.

Sabine tells them why. "Oh, today is Market Day. It's like this every Waterday."

Answering their questions as best she can, the pretty gatekeeper seems completely honest in her replies. She even shows them the log she made in her thick leather journal.

"No, I haven't seen Sylla return.......but your large friend Dredd left the Keep at first light, and fully armed, even though he looked like he could barely walk. He was mumbling something about revenge on some folks he met yesterday. He didn't say much else, and I had so many carts to check in, I barely had time to question him."

When asked about a reward for eliminating the bandits, she almost gushes. "YES! Well, there is nothing official yet, but those of us in charge have been discussing that very topic as recently as yesterday. I am sure that between Devereau, Jadale, Abercrombie, and the rest of us, we can come up with some kind of compensation for eliminating this risk to the area. Heck, we could even take up a collection from the local merchants, since we would be helping their cause as well. Like I said, there is nothing official in place yet, but soon. Very soon. You could certainly get a start on this endeavor in the meantime while we work out the details."

"I have personally seen smoke rising from the trees directly south of the road to the Keep, but I have serious doubts that would be the bandits camp. Unless they are really bad at this, they wouldn't set up camp so close to the area they intended to rob."

"I have my own theory that they have probably taken up residence in one of the nearby caves. Either the single cave in the forest, or the multiple caves that the humanoids inhabit in the ravine. The Caves of Chaos, as it were."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"He left at dawn?" He seemed surprised, but generally unconcerned at this news. "We investigated the single cave and found what appears to be evidence of some kind of smuggling operation, but it's guarded by a horde of skeletons along with a couple veteran fighters. If Dredd left to enact his revenge on them I fear he is likely not to return ..."

"The road bandits are apparently aware of the activity at the single cave, so I suspect your other theory is correct. They must operate from the Caves of Chaos. I am glad to hear of a reward, as well. I expect we should be prepared to act upon those bandits tomorrow morning."

He then looks to Renna for anything she'd like to add.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"Thank you!. Do you have a theory on who is generating the smoke south of the road?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#79 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sabine's smile gets even wider as the talk about bandit elimination continues.

"We aren't sure about that smoke to the south yet, but we intend to investigate the area once Market Day has passed."

As another guard checks over a merchant wagon trying to enter the Keep, Sabine sees a female of slight stature trying to sneak past without checking in.

"Excuse me! What is your name please? You will need to check your weapons in here!!!"

The others turn to see a stunted half-orc woman trying to enter the Keep. She appears to be more orcish than human, dirty, with a tuft of bristly hair atop her pale head. By the way she looks around in a confused manner, she apparently isn't necessarily comfortable dealing with rules and regulations.
Skratch.jpg
Skratch.jpg (29.89 KiB) Viewed 73 times

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

He arches an eyebrow at this new disturbance at the front gate. Speaking to Renna, "We should head back to the inn, let the others know what happened to Dredd." Waving a hand at Sabine, "We'll get out of your way, thanks for the information!"
Last edited by Quonundrum on Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Areas of the Keep”