Tarsus para bellum

Tiglath
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Tarsus para bellum

#261 Post by joertexas »

shaidar wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:33 am Frank

Frank answers Turner with "I'm currently working in garbage disposal" and pulls his trigger. He then says over the radio "Turner is clear, now!"

Tiglath, I hope you don't mind if I leave it to you to work out the modifiers and roll the dice. He was using the g-carrier bonnet as support and has been aiming at Turner for the last few actions.
Perna advances quickly to reach the girl before something else unfortunate happens to her.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by Tiglath »

Frank and Prerna (and remotely Klaus)
shaidar wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:33 am Frank answers Turner with "I'm currently working in garbage disposal" and pulls his trigger. He then says over the radio "Turner is clear, now!"
Turner acknowledges "Fek me Cross your the finished article now ain'tcha? Seems a shame to waste good material..." he brings his favoured heavy pistol to bear, snap shooting as he extends into the full aim. Frank squeezes against the artificial resistance he has set for his gauss rifle's trigger. As soon as the firing circuit is made the weapon hurls a spin stabilized 4mm needle down the focus of the electromagnetic field that is the weapon's effective barrel. Powder snow dances on the G Carrier's front slope, airborne in the high velocity needle's wake. Turner seems to misstep as he fires a round which explodes against the Carrier's left hand side. His sidearm drops from the aim and he fires two more rounds which detonate in the surface of the street. Frank meets Turner's gaze as blood wells from a puncture just under the Sergeant Major's right eye. As blood makes a single tear the Sergeant Major seems to smile at Frank as his body collapses lifeless into the street.

Prerna darts in to rescue the terrified Fríða. The girl shrieks at her touch and feebly strikes at her armour before sobbing realization breaks through "Tak. Er du en heks, der er allieret med huscarls? De gamle guder vender tilbage!"

Sgt Major Turner, all of the SuSAG hired help and 1188th vets are KIA.

(OOC:
shaidar wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:33 am Tiglath, I hope you don't mind if I leave it to you to work out the modifiers and roll the dice. He was using the g-carrier bonnet as support and has been aiming at Turner for the last few actions.
Absolutely no bother at all! :D

Frank Fires: 2d6 (hand rolled old skool for a story arc villain) = 8 Hit
+ve DMs +2 rifle skill, +2 Dex (bonus w gaussrifle for Dex 10+), +2 (cumulative bonus) successive aim actions -ve DMs Headshot -4
Locn = Head (unarmoured)
Effect: 2d6 (old skool) = 6
Result: 6 + wpn pen (7) = 13 KIA
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:04 am Frank and Prerna (and remotely Klaus)

Prerna darts in to rescue the terrified Fríða. The girl shrieks at her touch and feebly strikes at her armour before sobbing realization breaks through "Tak. Er du en heks, der er allieret med huscarls? De gamle guder vender tilbage!"
"No, I'm not a witch," Prerna says quietly as she removes her jacket and places it over the girl's shoulders. "Come on, I will take you home." She spares a glance at Turner, but leaves him and his fellows to the others. She keys her comm. "I have the hostage, and I will take her home. Whomever is available, please arrange transport for us."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by shaidar »

Frank takes a deep breath, let's it out slowly and stands

On comms, including the Huscarls "OK, we only have a few minutes before skybird arrives. Let's grab anything useful and clear the street. Is there a local who can help the Major get Friða back home?"

He heads over to Turner's body, checks it for any vitals (just to be sure) and then searches it for a deck of cards.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by Tiglath »

Frank, Prerna and Klaus

Policing Up (at least Part the First)

Klaus hears Erica/T'lia give what might either be a sigh or a sob after which she seems to throw off her "dozy distraction" and gets on with patching him up. As far as he can tell and certainly as far as he can feel she's fixing him up well. After working for a few minutes she declares neutrally "Sergeant you are fit for duty. I recommend bed rest and avoiding undue excitement or any stress such as tactical movement or melee combat - but we know how that goes. So, keep your medikit fully stocked but override your override and do not let your medikit dose you with any more combat drugs..." She stands and extends a hand to help Klaus to his feet. She's kinda tall but not too tall for a girl... officer! As she meets his gaze with hers she seems somewhat emotional - sad but yet also relieved and happy. Dang she has nice eyes - tawny brown with golden flecks "... because if you allow that you will die in a convulsing hemorrhagic mess". Aware he's carrying wounds Klaus nevertheless feels good to go.

Frank searches Turner confirming the Sgt Major is KIA in the process. Due to his headshot Frank finds all Turner's gear intact: a full set of 1188th "Tiger pattern camo" CES, a set of mid tech carapace armour including lower torso protection (so same AV but covers one more Hit Locn than CES and plate carrier), a compact demolitions kit, Turner's distinctive modded auto pistol and a deck of oversized playing cards/plaques in a robust armoured case bearing the insignia of the 1188th (Merc) Lift Infantry Regt.

"No disrespect intended here, boss but can we take those 1188th patches?" the query comes from one of Klaus' ex-marines who are apparently no more than vaguely aware but mindful nonetheless of some "unit history" between the SEMC and the 1188th. However Frank notes that although the other two "tiger stripe" CES are torn up with only the sleeves are still mostly whole both the 1188th Vets unit patches are intact.

Prerna sees no townfolk emerging save a couple of men with hunting rifles from further down the street who are hurrying to keeping pace with the big man carrying the anti materiel rifle. From his grey beard she sees he is old but clearly still vigorous. He hefts the awkward and bulky weapon ably enough and wears a HUD over his right eye. How she could have perceived him otherwise seems a mystery now. The female "local force" LMG team seem both businesslike and friendly. While the gunner searches across the street the loader sets to stripping weapons and ammo from the dead 1188th Vet and SuSAG goons nearest Prerna but stops to speak to her and comfort Friða "Tak for det du gjorde her. Vi tager hende med til hendes familie".

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:45 pm Frank, Prerna and Klaus

Policing Up (at least Part the First)

Prerna sees no townfolk emerging save a couple of men with hunting rifles from further down the street who are hurrying to keeping pace with the big man carrying the anti materiel rifle. From his grey beard she sees he is old but clearly still vigorous. He hefts the awkward and bulky weapon ably enough and wears a HUD over his right eye. How she could have perceived him otherwise seems a mystery now. The female "local force" LMG team seem both businesslike and friendly. While the gunner searches across the street the loader sets to stripping weapons and ammo from the dead 1188th Vet and SuSAG goons nearest Prerna but stops to speak to her and comfort Friða "Tak for det du gjorde her. Vi tager hende med til hendes familie".
"Thank you." Prerna replies. "We would like to catalog what is being taken from them as evidence. The Colonel will determine what we need to take with us." She points to Frank. "Also, I will need my jacket, so do you have something for her to wear?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by shaidar »

Frank
Tiglath wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:45 pm
Frank searches Turner confirming the Sgt Major is KIA in the process. Due to his headshot Frank finds all Turner's gear intact: a full set of 1188th "Tiger pattern camo" CES, a set of mid tech carapace armour including lower torso protection (so same AV but covers one more Hit Locn than CES and plate carrier), a compact demolitions kit, Turner's distinctive modded auto pistol and a deck of oversized playing cards/plaques in a robust armoured case bearing the insignia of the 1188th (Merc) Lift Infantry Regt.

"No disrespect intended here, boss but can we take those 1188th patches?" the query comes from one of Klaus' ex-marines who are apparently no more than vaguely aware but mindful nonetheless of some "unit history" between the SEMC and the 1188th. However Frank notes that although the other two "tiger stripe" CES are torn up with only the sleeves are still mostly whole both the 1188th Vets unit patches are intact.
Frank nods at the marine. "Yes, take the patches, that's fine. Can you also take the CES, armour, pistol and demo kit from this one."

He picks up the playing deck, opens it to check it is what he thinks it is, and (assuming it is), slips it into a pocket for safety. Standing, he heads over to Friða and Prerna. On the way he smiles at Anni "Bra skytte till er båda. Tack för att du har min rygg.". On arrival at the pair he looks at the girl "Friða. Jag är Frank Kjoss, jag är så ledsen att detta hände dig. Du är säker nu, och min familj är också det."

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Freya has been following the team's chaotic radio chatter on her monitors and is even now analysing other transmissions for location data. With access to a copy of the enemy's comms system she hopes to be able to tap into actual chatter, not just giveaway stuff.

If we are going to set an ambush on their way back, we better get going she suggests to the staff team.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by Tiglath »

Freya
BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:48 pm Freya has been following the team's chaotic radio chatter on her monitors and is even now analysing other transmissions for location data. With access to a copy of the enemy's comms system she hopes to be able to tap into actual chatter, not just giveaway stuff.

If we are going to set an ambush on their way back, we better get going she suggests to the staff team.
Freddy checks the load on his snub nosed magnum as he purrs "Well, while the Colonel's away it seems a whole army of rough trade has tipped over the border. I can't help but feel we'll all not be short of dance partners at this particular disco". Grabbing a stack of spare ACR mags he adds "Dylan, check your autopistol like I showed you. If we can make the time I think we should all allow ourselves another dab of cologne... and slip on something... breathable".

Tasked by Voss and Kit with finding the enemy Freya boards an IFV and uses its sensors to get a lay of the land (and who's in it). She determines from her tac map compiled on the HQ battle computer that the insurgents are over the river and on a south easterly course towards the Kruger ranch (Ref: viewtopic.php?p=686379#p686379 (NB Map hexes are 1000km). She sees Jess' cavalry piquet's now lie directly in their path within 100km of the river and from the insurgent's progress should expect contact shortly.

Her initial ELINT model of the enemy force shows three distinct "radio nets" on the friendly side of the river and advancing sotheastwards on parallel courses. These are subservient to and followed by a fourth ELINT grouping that makes slower but steady progress as, unlike the three forward thrusts, it does not pause everytime it reaches a farmstead or agric facility.

Some channels are entirely blocked by transmissions in clear of constant repetition of the chant "...sonofthestar, sonofthestar, sonofthestar...". Analysis shows this to be the live chanting of a "congregation" rather than some kind of transmitted "loop" audio.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by Tiglath »

Kit (and see Freya posted above)
gurusql wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:36 am Kit hears the orders and plays a few dozen options in his mind. He does not want to under estimate the size of a thousand men.

The goal is to find the force and figure out how they are organized before engaging the enemy.
Post parade Gaughan approaches Kit and states "You'll be busy, sir, but the QSM's cavalry are awfully exposed and nearly at contact. Since we're ready I thought myself and the lads would slip out and give them some proper infantry to fall back on". He pauses and adds "Are ye familiar with the awld tune Lannigan's Ball, sir? 'Tis a favourite with the lads. I'm sure swiftly "steppin' out an' steppin' in again" must be all of our footwork for this coming dance". He states levelly "Sir, I'd argue that if we lose a vehicle or get caught up in an engagement we're fekked, sir. We've two fists - your lads and mine and the cavalry and the mortar team to sting but not really hurt them. We can brigade the HQ support section and Major Nayar's snipers and mount them in the last G Carrier. If we find something defensible they'll stop a local advance for sure but I'm not sure if we should think we can hold it. However, as a wild guess, I'll bet that if we can stop the neighbouring farmers gettin' murdered I'm sure that'll go down well with the locals".

He muses "Those local fellas on horses seem very capable lads. This bein' a farm an' all I'm wondering how we best employ them?"

(OOC Musical Ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RE2FXmB6OA TLDR: It turns out like you'd think! ;) :lol: ).

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#271 Post by Tiglath »

Prerna
joertexas wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:23 am "Thank you." Prerna replies. "We would like to catalog what is being taken from them as evidence. The Colonel will determine what we need to take with us." She points to Frank. "Also, I will need my jacket, so do you have something for her to wear?"
The LMG assistant gunner returns Prerna's jacket as she sees Friða now cloaked in the quilted coat of one of the huntsmen rapidly unloading boxed ammo and supplies from the SuSAG G Carrier. The drone hoving above intones "Inbound SuSAG shuttle ETA seven minutes, estimate visual on this site three minutes". Offering her hand the local woman states "I'm Vibeke - with the Third". Glancing at Friða she states "She will be cared for and counselled by the town. If that fails she will be caught by the Huscarls. She will not fall. They will take nothing from us and can only make us stronger".

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:13 am Prerna
joertexas wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:23 am "Thank you." Prerna replies. "We would like to catalog what is being taken from them as evidence. The Colonel will determine what we need to take with us." She points to Frank. "Also, I will need my jacket, so do you have something for her to wear?"
The LMG assistant gunner returns Prerna's jacket as she sees Friða now cloaked in the quilted coat of one of the huntsmen rapidly unloading boxed ammo and supplies from the SuSAG G Carrier. The drone hoving above intones "Inbound SuSAG shuttle ETA seven minutes, estimate visual on this site three minutes". Offering her hand the local woman states "I'm Vibeke - with the Third". Glancing at Friða she states "She will be cared for and counselled by the town. If that fails she will be caught by the Huscarls. She will not fall. They will take nothing from us and can only make us stronger".
Prerna looks to Frank, "Colonel, are we going to destroy the SUSAG shuttle?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by Tiglath »

Frank
shaidar wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:59 am He picks up the playing deck, opens it to check it is what he thinks it is, and (assuming it is), slips it into a pocket for safety. Standing, he heads over to Friða and Prerna. On the way he smiles at Anni "Bra skytte till er båda. Tack för att du har min rygg.". On arrival at the pair he looks at the girl "Friða. Jag är Frank Kjoss, jag är så ledsen att detta hände dig. Du är säker nu, och min familj är också det."
Anni grins at Frank and then rushes across the bloody street to embrace him. Her smile might be restricted by her facial scars but it is clearly not so limited emotionally "Frank, det ser ud til, at vi alle er blevet voksne og alligevel vendt tilbage hertil. Den lort tilbød dig meget, og alligevel var dit valg klart. Lige meget hvilke prøvelser du har været igennem, har du fået så meget mere end disse uærlige stykker lort".

Aware of the hovering local drone's commentary she asks "De kommer snart. Hvad vil du have os til at gøre?"

The giant with the anti tank rifle approaches Frank and he recognizes the now (relatively) slightly less enormous (Frank was smaller then) form of "Big" Thorbjørn Thorsen from the Hardware and Supplies store. He slaps Frank's shoulder like a glacier and is as economic with his words as ever "Jeg er glad for, at du var der. Jeg har kun to kugler tilbage". He slaps the 20mm(???) beast of a rifle (canon?) he hefts and with no more than a departing barrel laugh states "Þórs gnýreið" as he heads back towards his store.

(OOC:
Info Only reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqsgC_ifo7w 50 secs
How much more rifle can you get? :shock: 8-) :SAN: ).
Last edited by Tiglath on Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by shaidar »

Frank smiles at Annie "I left Tarsus to find myself, when I was here all along."
joertexas wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:33 am Prerna looks to Frank, "Colonel, are we going to destroy the SUSAG shuttle?"
To all (on and off comms):

"I have a better idea, why don't we capture it? It's likely to have useful information in it's systems for our mission. It's time to play dress-up. We need to get Turner and his two main goons out of sight before the shuttle is in visual range. Lieutenant, can you and one of your team grab those 1188th patches as try and look as much like Turner's men as you can. Major, can you help me into Turners gear. These shuttles usually have two cockpit crew and sometimes one in the main cabin. Major, if you'd like to join in the fun do you fancy being our prisoner? Four of us should be enough. If we do this right nobody has to get hurt. "

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by joertexas »

shaidar wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:10 pm
To all (on and off comms):

"I have a better idea, why don't we capture it? It's likely to have useful information in it's systems for our mission. It's time to play dress-up. We need to get Turner and his two main goons out of sight before the shuttle is in visual range. Lieutenant, can you and one of your team grab those 1188th patches as try and look as much like Turner's men as you can. Major, can you help me into Turners gear. These shuttles usually have two cockpit crew and sometimes one in the main cabin. Major, if you'd like to join in the fun do you fancy being our prisoner? Four of us should be enough. If we do this right nobody has to get hurt. "
Prerna hands her rifle to T'Lia with a grin and holds out her closed hands to Frank. "Oh, I love to be tied up!"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#276 Post by gurusql »

Kit

"You are right Sgt. Gaughan we need to find that ambush spot to get the QSM's cavalry out of there without loses. We cannot afford to lose equipment at this stage of the mission. Like you said we can mount in the carriers and get to a point ahead of the unit with our mission only to slow down the enemy. The goal is getting them to pause or withdraw under concentrated fire. Prioritize the snipers and big explosions and keeping the transports out of weapons fire. We will not be getting into a close range shoot out.

Freya can you get some eyes on that fourth unit, that is sounding a lot like the enemies command and control. The Colonel will want information on them.

As to the locals with horses, with us off the farm they need to be the new perimeter security until we return, groups of two or three."

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#277 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Tiglath wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:12 pm Freya
BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:48 pm Freya has been following the team's chaotic radio chatter on her monitors and is even now analysing other transmissions for location data. With access to a copy of the enemy's comms system she hopes to be able to tap into actual chatter, not just giveaway stuff.

Freddy checks the load on his snub nosed magnum as he purrs "Well, while the Colonel's away it seems a whole army of rough trade has tipped over the border. I can't help but feel we'll all not be short of dance partners at this particular disco". Grabbing a stack of spare ACR mags he adds "Dylan, check your autopistol like I showed you. If we can make the time I think we should all allow ourselves another dab of cologne... and slip on something... breathable".

Tasked by Voss and Kit with finding the enemy Freya boards an IFV and uses its sensors to get a lay of the land (and who's in it). She determines from her tac map compiled on the HQ battle computer that the insurgents are over the river and on a south easterly course towards the Kruger ranch (Ref: viewtopic.php?p=686379#p686379 (NB Map hexes are 1000km). She sees Jess' cavalry piquet's now lie directly in their path within 100km of the river and from the insurgent's progress should expect contact shortly.

Her initial ELINT model of the enemy force shows three distinct "radio nets" on the friendly side of the river and advancing sotheastwards on parallel courses. These are subservient to and followed by a fourth ELINT grouping that makes slower but steady progress as, unlike the three forward thrusts, it does not pause everytime it reaches a farmstead or agric facility.

Some channels are entirely blocked by transmissions in clear of constant repetition of the chant "...sonofthestar, sonofthestar, sonofthestar...". Analysis shows this to be the live chanting of a "congregation" rather than some kind of transmitted "loop" audio.
Freya gets the rest of her team into protected positions at HQ and starts getting them to bring up the sensor net that was laid earlier. From the battle comp, she notes that the Cavalry are linked by fibre and so (until they move) are radio silent. Dialling them up this way, she proposes to Jess: Can we sting them in front then flank the leading groups as they go to ground to hit the group behind? And your missiles. Do they have a radio-homing/hit the last-known-position mode? That HQ transmitter looks really interesting.

She double-checks Dylan and Freddy's gear. And load up two of the cheap drones - we'll need to deploy those as soon as the shooting starts. Nothing like a drone for making people go to ground.

Back to those at HQ Doughal, Florence. Ready to run the drones up when we call. And check if you can locate the Choir's transmitter(s).

Freya also picks up laser LOS relays so we don't have to rely on radios and starts off - dropping the relays off on hill-tops as she goes.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by Tiglath »

Freya
BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:14 am Freya gets the rest of her team into protected positions at HQ and starts getting them to bring up the sensor net that was laid earlier...
Freya will be aware that the unit has recently purchased a pair (if memory serves ?) of Essor TL 13 recon drones. The term "drone" is in this case misleading - these are top spec recon sleds and full spec sensor platforms* - with a robot pilot (Grav Vehicle 4 Recon 4). With the onboard "passenger seat" occupied by a commander/sensor operator the "drone" becomes a fully autonomous platform. If that specialist has SEMC "officer spec" comms gear (with laser comms) the whole very much becomes greater than the sum of its parts.
gurusql wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:55 am Freya can you get some eyes on that fourth unit, that is sounding a lot like the enemies command and control. The Colonel will want information on them.
The drones, purchased but as yet not integrated into the SEMC battlespace, sit idle in the Kruger ranch vehicle shed...

(OOC: * Near or analogue to Imperial standard at battlefield/continental ranges

Freya is aware that SEMC standard AT missiles are Operator Guided with options for Homing attacks (on a GPS/grid ref) or may be Target Designated by a forward observer using a TD laser/comm.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by Tiglath »

Kit
gurusql wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:55 am "You are right Sgt. Gaughan we need to find that ambush spot to get the QSM's cavalry out of there without loses. We cannot afford to lose equipment at this stage of the mission. Like you said we can mount in the carriers and get to a point ahead of the unit with our mission only to slow down the enemy. The goal is getting them to pause or withdraw under concentrated fire. Prioritize the snipers and big explosions and keeping the transports out of weapons fire. We will not be getting into a close range shoot out.

As to the locals with horses, with us off the farm they need to be the new perimeter security until we return, groups of two or three."
Gaughan nods agreement "We'll be away an' relieve the QSM's troop. Major Nayar's scout sniper's have no role here yet. Two sniper/spotter groups and a PGMP lead by Beau - good man knows his trade. They have their own G Carrier carrier so could move up with yerself? They might be enough to give one group of these insurgent fellas pause". He turns about to leave "I had a wee... cup of tea... with that Sergeant Isselbacher and his lads. Have ye looked him in the eye, sir? Madman, so he is!" Kit knows Gaughan is (possibly often deliberately) difficult to gauge but in this context "madman" appears to be a term of genuine military respect. "We shouldn't waste his men as security - they're quality infantry an' on their home ground so they are. This is their country - sure I'd not like to fight them in it! Isselbacher says he has a platoon of local light infantry on call. He says that they're lift capable with organic air support and could stage up to operate from the Kruger ranch if the invasion threat's confirmed. Says they're confident enough to take on insurgents up to battalion strength. Well, it's their war - so I suppose they'd know their business". He laughs "Do you know I think I believe him? Madmen - dangerous buggers all an' sure enough!"

Gaughan then takes his leave and the Rangers depart to RV with the cavalry troop.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by Tiglath »

Frank, Prerna and Klaus

Most townsfolk timidly observe from windows but yet several step from their houses to help out and also to police up the bodies.

While those of the SuSAG affiliation are professionally looted and searched by the Huscarls and Klaus' team (nothing beyond local tech & ordnance recovered) the local LEO is gently carried away by the townsfolk as are the rather incongruous forms of three naked older townsmen apparently only ever armed with melee weapons and killed by multiple GSW.

As the corpses are tended to both Frank and Prerna recognize the deceased with sudden clarity as elderly shadows of those vibrant and youthful dual armed bravos seen in their vision(?) accompanying the one eyed, spear armed stranger striding up the snow blown Main Street.

"Team Frank" already owns one ex SuSAG "liberated" G Carrier but Turner's ride - now crippled in Main Street might need someone who knows what they're doing to fix it (plus the obligatory sharp intake of breath ;) ). OOC: However, it's still notionally somehow salvageable - almost certainly so at some time with local "green force" support.
joertexas wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:35 pm Prerna hands her rifle to T'Lia with a grin and holds out her closed hands to Frank. "Oh, I love to be tied up!"
T'lia seems somehow "tired but happy" and greets Prerna with a warm smile "Such a shame Turner's signature "prop" exploded or we could set to... so very professionally refitting it". Giving the bound Prerna a smouldering look she says "You should be more... tousled... and try to pout".

Then, as she steps in towards Prerna, no one (save Prerna) sees the elbow strike coming*.

T'lia immediately gathers Prerna into a loving hug but ruthlessly avoids "blotting" the blow to her face and sobs "Turner loathed you... obsessively. It would be out of character if he hadn't... started on his... designs... already...". She then appears to almost gag but then steels herself and sets to swiftly checking the bespoke ACR by resetting pre-registered sight positions. She also switches Prerna's loaded mags for two of her own before then re-checking that Prerna's bonds can be readily slipped.

Turning to Frank she states levelly "I'll be your top cover using a grav belt for position once Roland has given me a sight picture"** She then calmly and candidly confides "I have a somewhat recently inflicted inherent psychopathy towards SuSAG employees which I am managing through a personally therapeutic regime. However, as per tactical planning concerns and the personal safety issues of your ruse de guerre party you should assume that I will prioritize the elimination any possible threat with extreme prejudice. You should also assume that as per this particular role I am rated by Imperial qualification as a Master Sniper".

The shuttle is minutes away and the streets are clear (less the SuSAG dead and wrecked Carrier).

More today/tomorrow - just a pause just in case...

(OOC: Logistics update Frank's battlegroup have now captured way more ACR standard "ball" ammo (Pen 4) than they can personally carry (although it can be stashed in their G Carrier) but barely enough special HE or DS to replenish half what they have already expended. So not resupplied but still good to go. :)

* Prena is bloodied but no more than momentarily "stunned". It was a strike clearly "pulled" at impact.

** It would appear Roland (the Super Guard Bot) has lost weight and is apparently now the smaller space hopper sized drone!
Either inspiring evidence of a "can do" ability to change mentality... ;) :D
Or maybe frightening evidence of complicity/assosciation with "chipped/transferable angry bot" tech!!! :twisted:
Oh, wait - you're so waaay beyond that...!!! :SAN: )

Return to “District 268 Year 1105 (CT/CE Traveller)”