Tarsus para bellum

Tiglath
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Tarsus para bellum

#321 Post by Tiglath »

Frank, Prerna and Klaus
joertexas wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:53 am Prerna snorts and shakes her head. "At my earliest opportunity, I am going to leave teeth marks on your noble ass. Your aircraft, please get us ready to lift off, as soon as we determine where we're going."
T'lia busily works through pre flight checks on her touch screen with effortless dexterity but halfway through Prerna's response the screen beeps a warning tone. T'lia, now wearing a warmly expectant smile, immediately corrects the flawed input.
shaidar wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:50 pm Frank returns to the cockpit and asks Klaus to join them

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you on a job well done. I appreciate your help in rescuing my family. Lieutenant, please pass my thanks on to your squad. Now, this ship is a nice bonus, I'm sure the QSM will be very happy when she sees it. But to more immediate needs, no doubt there is extremely useful information in the navigation and comms system we should be looking to extract. However, there is perhaps something even more immediate we might do with it...if we can find a nearby target that a squad our size could easy engage if we can get inside. T'lia, are you aware of any such targets, or should we perhaps interrogate the afore-mentioned navigation system to see what it might reveal?"
Then turning in her seat to address all the present SEMC officers T'lia says "I am pleased that your kin are all safe Colonel. Our duty to family is everything...".

After a pause she continues "The shuttle's Nav programs are still active and have not been purged as they should have been in an effective anti hijack response. Therefore a simple scan of the current flight log gives us an immediate target and also reveals why the last time I was here I was looking... in the right place... for the wrong thing... SuSAG have their main production facility and garrison on Tarsus at Evander, [OOC: Map Ref:viewtopic.php?p=668722#p668722] there is also their enclave at the starport but these are broadly legitimate facilities and therefore ancillary to their purpose here and not what I was looking for... and this shuttle has just returned from the moon Rond. I'm sure our passengers can give us an indication in general terms of what we should expect to find there... but not what I suspect to be there. This is likely because their security clearance is insufficient. However their peripheral knowledge may be crucial".

She adds "I believe that the Consulate may have a special interest in this site. If so I may be able to call on some "special help" if we require it.

She pauses and then levelly meeting Frank's gaze adds "Depending on a confirmation of my initial Intel this help may become both... operationally inevitable in any event... and will be executed by deniable Consulate assets... with extreme prejudice. I can only apologize if that compromises your position here, Colonel Cross, but it will certainly cripple that of Drace Keening. In 1188th terms I believe this is his hole card. The prized and unique asset which he holds to ransom against his sanction by SuSAG's agents from Coreward".

She continues reading as she speaks "There are also flights logged up into the mountainous Icewald above Regiment. This is the area of the psi anomaly. The location seems significant to SuSAG and clearly their are staff rotating through that location. I have flight log notes... refering to it as "Ice Station Z". Would that be Zulu?* Oh... these aren't cargo runs... from the passenger manifests they are mostly additional security officers... and most recently a flight path deviation to pick up a squad sized military reinforcement from their main base near Evander. All the return runs are for "Cargo 200". Ah - "zinky boys"? Sorry, too much time on Avastan. Sitrep: something's killing their personnel in the mountains... and they can't stop it".

She closes with a tired smile "The Corporate staff just will know more about the Rond facility but I can't fully participate in their debrief and interrogation although I will observe and help where I may. Of course any... Valkyries you may find hereabouts may be useful in any interrogation". Then she twitches her lips and adds "Of course, Colonel, I should advise that the involvement of hekseri would be contrary to Imperial doctrine".

(OOC: * ;) :D )

EDITED: to add map link... and then edited to add that I added that in... yeah, that... :SAN:

And then I added significant extra dialogue... :roll:
Last edited by Tiglath on Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:47 am, edited 9 times in total.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by gurusql »

Kit

"Sgt Gaughan let us start getting the men dug in as you have noted. I still would like to keep the grav vehicles in reserve until we have more intel on that fourth unit. I can only think of four ways that we can get them to run up that ridge line and two of them will not work.
  1. Blind luck - I have never been good at depending on that so that is out.
  2. Giving them a time sensitive target forcing their path to the only one they can make in time. - Do we know any codes that they cracked that we could use? Or perhaps a false distress call?
  3. Changing their route with fly-by - Using flying vehicles (sensors or grav) we could get them close enough to be seen and force the enemy to evade into this trap
  4. Mining their other paths - Something that we do not have time or supplies for.

Do we have fresher intel from Freya and the drones?"

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by Tiglath »

Kit
gurusql wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:08 am "Sgt Gaughan let us start getting the men dug in as you have noted. I still would like to keep the grav vehicles in reserve until we have more intel on that fourth unit. I can only think of four ways that we can get them to run up that ridge line and two of them will not work.
  1. Blind luck - I have never been good at depending on that so that is out.
  2. Giving them a time sensitive target forcing their path to the only one they can make in time. - Do we know any codes that they cracked that we could use? Or perhaps a false distress call?
  3. Changing their route with fly-by - Using flying vehicles (sensors or grav) we could get them close enough to be seen and force the enemy to evade into this trap
  4. Mining their other paths - Something that we do not have time or supplies for.

Do we have fresher intel from Freya and the drones?"
Gaughan replies "Right you are, sir. I'll set the lads to it. As to a false distress call yer man here might know what would draw them in - Sergeant Isselbacher?"

The leader of The Greys replies "Well they hate us but mostly they like fighting farmers and workers who can't fight back..." then he grins "... but they hate Imperial missionaries even more! What if we put up that the valley is a refugee RV point for those fleeing the invasion? One of our SigInt operators could make a "beacon transmission" and we could leave it broadcasting in clear. Maybe add that the place is being run by the Sisters of the Imperial Belief - those rapist "floppies" won't be able to resist that!" Acknowledging a thumbs up from his comms operator Isselbacher reports "Good news. A Platoon of our Light Infantry are staging at the Kruger ranch. They can get here at an hour's notice. Sir, as to your third point our Light Infantry specialize in taking on up to battalion sized groups of insurgents and driving them into kill zones. It's a vertical envelopment tactic we call Fireforce".

As the infantry dig in Gaughan reports "An update came in from HQ. Voss says the QSM's cavalry are skirmishing with the easternmost column of the invasion on our extreme left flank, sir".

A whistle from the IFV hull down in Spion Kop's dead ground coincides with an amber comm warning on Kit's comm. He keys into that message and hears Freya's voice. It sounds as if she is either on an variable G theme park ride and/or in extreme physical discomfort - maybe both. "Oh, they are sooo cross! These people are worth an Amber Zone all of their own!" Camp Freddy cuts in tangentially with "You really could make an effort to keep up with the others!" "Flying fully defensive" "Just ignore him - synaptic programming. No!!! Do not fly through there!!!" "Sorry, Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower". Transmission ends.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by shaidar »

Frank smiles at T'lia

"When it comes to bringing down Keening, I am at my most flexible and willing to take a risk. Are you looking for information on the moon base, or this northern location? The woman in the suit seemed to know quite a bit about what's going on."

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by joertexas »

shaidar wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:08 pm Frank smiles at T'lia

"When it comes to bringing down Keening, I am at my most flexible and willing to take a risk. Are you looking for information on the moon base, or this northern location? The woman in the suit seemed to know quite a bit about what's going on."
"I think we should secure things here groundside first," Prerna puts in. "Turn most of these people over to the townspeople and let them gather intel while we take care of the incursion. T'lia and I can work on the VIPs."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

dongriffiths
Guide
Guide

#326 Post by dongriffiths »

Klaus:

Ok lads lets get things tidied up here

Klaus makes a point of visibly changing the magazine in his SMG to one of the "special" ammunition before moving to a position where he is out of direct view and switches it back to standard HEAP
Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by Tiglath »

Frank, Prerna and Klaus
shaidar wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:08 pm Frank smiles at T'lia

joertexas wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:31 pm "I think we should secure things here groundside first," Prerna puts in. "Turn most of these people over to the townspeople and let them gather intel while we take care of the incursion. T'lia and I can work on the VIPs."
dongriffiths wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:33 pm Klaus:
Ok lads lets get things tidied up here

Klaus makes a point of visibly changing the magazine in his SMG to one of the "special" ammunition before moving to a position where he is out of direct view and switches it back to standard HEAP
Within the seclusion of the cramped small craft "cockpit" T'lia replies to Frank "As regards Drace Kenning I am less risk averse but also aware of my own... destructive impulses". Glancing a warm smile at Prerna she adds "It is well that "she who completes me" keeps me grounded - for indeed I believe the "ground option" of investigating the psi anomaly may provide the most tactically flexible option. I believe this is a sound choice given that extracting from close orbit is easier than from the surface given our local naval assets. This may also allow Prerna and I some opportunity to recover from our recent mental exertions. As your acting Intel Officer I will state that, in my opinion, it is possible that a craft whose flight path is now subject to Turner's authority may not be subordinate to any variety of Corporate scrutiny - at least for a while. Such is the nature of "executive override" within this Corporation".

She then utterly dispassionately adds "Colonel Cross, if you would stoop to indulgance in a ruse de guerre, please do me the favour of donning Sergeant Major Turner's helmet once more and brandishing his signature sidearm. If you would then grasp Major Nayar by... somewhere on the upper body... and then leer into the bridge vid comm we will have something to transmit in response to any query as to the shuttle's overdue status. I believe that any 1188th fanatics still in Corporate service seeing that communication will vouch for both "Turner's" vivacity and also explain why he dallies on his return".

With much more evident emotion she then shields her eyes to avoid any sight of the oncoming tableau adding "Please tell me when you are done. It is unhealthy to provide any real experience to that which has been seen but which has not become".

She states "The base on the moon Rond is surely central to SuSAG's and our strategic goals. I believe it is where they have committed themselves to an... unfortunate path. However, the northern site is intriguing - both because of its nature and in that it causes SuSAG pain. The "woman suit" you refer to is most intriguing and does need to be interr... interviewed. She appears to have "slept" her way into a position way above her ability and therefore as a method of self protection has striven to acquire much disparate knowledge in order to defend her ignorance. Some people would describe that as entirely "promising" in a prospective asset".*

Without even a twitch "A rather "left field" thought that just occurred to me... As for the crew and passengers perhaps we could dose them with entirely safe factory grade SuSAG "Fast" drug. That would give us a negotiable sixty day headstart on any recovery of these potential witnesses and we could then hand them into the custody and care of folk provably innocent of any perceived wrongdoing".

Klaus

As Klaus performs his visible mag swap the "female suit" who he now notices has the Corp nametag of Carter Burke, Achievement Delivery Coordinator, Local Amelioration Programme seems to notice this and shouts "Shart it - you're Executive Outcomes! Oh, please don't kill us all! We're all sound employees with above average monthly assessment scores - except for Crewman Slacker". Slacker (the loadmaster with the "chemical issues") retorts "You fekkin' sellout snail trail beeyatch!" Meanwhile Carter continues in genuine terror "Look, there have been... rumours... in the slack space chatter... about... um... re-alignment... but we have absolutely no idea what's going on! Look... we can adjust... whatever... please don't kill us!"

Then one of the joy girls from "Wellbeing and Uplift" stands up and despite her comrades collective complaints "We on the sidelines here - sit down girl!" forces her complainants painfully away without any apparent effort and addresses Klaus with utterly neutral and toneless absence of inflection. "Assault Squad Leader identified "Klaus" please allow me interlocution with Colonel Cross that we may achieve mission deconfliction to a mutual achievement goal. Please forward personal compliments from Nemo Sicarius, Executive Outcomes Division, SuSAG AG, LIC, Trin, Trin's Veil". One of her estwhile coworkers responds "Honey... this ain't you... whatever you just popped ain't good. You doin' "soldier drugs" now? Dang you near broke my arm girl!"

OOC: * Erica East has a renowned and much esteemed professional business and bona fide Imperial qualifications/accolades on Collace as a Psychiatrist...
;)
:o
:SAN:
Last edited by Tiglath on Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dongriffiths
Guide
Guide

#328 Post by dongriffiths »

Klaus:

SIT DOWN NOW!

Colonel I may have triggered one of our passengers

His SMG is aimed directly at "Wellbeing and Uplift" girl. If she makes any move other than to sit down he will shoot her.
Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by shaidar »

Frank

"Triggered, lieutenant? What do you mean?"

dongriffiths
Guide
Guide

#330 Post by dongriffiths »

shaidar wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:25 pm Frank

"Triggered, lieutenant? What do you mean?"
"I think she's been programmed and I've triggered that program.

She's spouting some crap about [i]deconflictation and sends personal compliments from Nemo Sicarius[/i]

"I have her covered but she may well be juiced up. What do you want me to do?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by shaidar »

Frank

"If you can blindfold her and tie her hands. Bring her up front, I'll meet you outside the cockpit.

He turns to those in the cockpit. "I'll see what Sicarious wants. I'll leave my comm open so you can hear and ask questions. I think it best to minimise contact, although I'm sure he knows who most of us are." he glances at T'lia.
Last edited by shaidar on Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

dongriffiths
Guide
Guide

#332 Post by dongriffiths »

Klaus

"Venner secure that girl, arms behind her and put a hood on her"

Once secured we'll move her carefully towards the cockpit, at no point does my SMG stop being aimed directly at her.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by Tiglath »

Frank Klaus (and Prerna on audio relay)
dongriffiths wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:33 am "Venner secure that girl, arms behind her and put a hood on her"

Once secured we'll move her carefully towards the cockpit, at no point does my SMG stop being aimed directly at her.
Frank sees the (from recollection passably pretty but otherwise non-descript) joy girl hustled forward. In addition to wearing "casual/comfortable civvies" suitable for travel (she's off duty! ;) ) she's now sporting a stout nylon refuse sack over her head teamed with zip lock restrains securing her hands behind her back. She is covered by Klaus.

Upon contact with Frank she looks directly at him and speaks in her pitch perfect, tonelessly neutral, plum center mid Imperial accent. [NB She surely can't actually see him in the visual spectrum as the nylon bag is opaque]. "Greetings, Colonel Cross. May I deliver personal compliments from Nemo Sicarius, Executive Outcomes Division, SuSAG AG, LIC, Trin, Trin's Veil. Your associate Assault Squad Leader Klaus and his deputy associate Venner* were kind enough to escort me forward. I am pleased to have the current opportunity to serve the Corporation with Executive Outcomes Division in the mid/long term analyst, asset deconfliction and conflict de-escalation enterprise areas. I am pleased to enjoy fellowship with you".

"May I suggest we convene an immediate conference to achieve mission deconfliction to a mutual achievement goal?"

The nylon sack moves as if she has just inclined her head in positive body language favouring that idea.

Frank's comm pings and he notes a zero range las comm transmission in simple text.

The text reads:
Caution. Corp speak job translation = deep recon/spy, thief and assassin. Good news - if her last tasking was active it's likely she's have already killed you by now. Be aware that Trin has beyond Standard Imperial tech and elite Corporate assets will be on the cutting edge of that. She is psi inert. She could be naturally blank. Or something else. T

(OOC: * And "Don't tell 'em your name, Pike!" ;) :) ).

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by shaidar »

Frank

"Lieutenant, why don't you help the nice lady into one of those chairs behind us." he nods his head in the direction of the pair of chairs opposite the forward airlock.

Once the lady is seated.

"I certainly don't want to get in the way of Mr Sicarius's plans, we seem to have a common enemy in Keening. I'm simply here to recover my family from Turner and his goons and I decided to take this shuttle as compensation. If you tell me your plans then I'll make sure we don't get in your way." he smiles at the lady.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by Tiglath »

Frank
shaidar wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:48 am "Lieutenant, why don't you help the nice lady into one of those chairs behind us." he nods his head in the direction of the pair of chairs opposite the forward airlock.

Once the lady is seated.

"I certainly don't want to get in the way of Mr Sicarius's plans, we seem to have a common enemy in Keening. I'm simply here to recover my family from Turner and his goons and I decided to take this shuttle as compensation. If you tell me your plans then I'll make sure we don't get in your way." he smiles at the lady.
Frank observes that the joygirl sits rather primly on the chair given her profession and bound hands. She is surely a very odd fish...

She continues on in her emotionless and neutral cadence and tone "Thank you for convening this meeting, Colonel Cross. I will record the minutes. Regarding your earlier statement I hereby waive any SuSAG lien on the shuttle and record its transfer to SEMC as a final compensatory settlement regarding any and all claims of excess and any malfeasance, which is not admitted, practiced by Local Deputy Director Drace Keening, Schunamann und Sohn AG, Tarsus, District 268. The Local Deputy Director's absolute liability for lax security and inappropriate HR choices and preferences is also noted for the record".

As she apparently looks directly at him again through the sack Frank begins to wonder which side's psychology is benefitting most from its inclusion in the current proceedings.

She continues "Mister Sicarius has no plans here save the furtherance of SuSAG's ongoing benefit to humanity. In this respect I am authorized to share that the Corporation has elected to reshuffle management positions in the District. This is an expedient measure. I will therefore now partially suspend minute taking".

"I am an asset of Executive Outcomes Division and I have been deployed in the mid term analyst role in Corporate locations on Tarsus. I have recently received new instructions to perform and/or facilitate a conflict de-escalation role regarding Local Deputy Director Drace Keening. I have therefore recently conducted a security evaluation of the Corporation's facility on Rond. Unfortunately I am authorised to share no details of that facility with you but I am authorised to invite you to tour the facility should you so wish and would accompany you as a guide. The security situation on Rond will remain unchanged for an estimated 72 standard hours".

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by shaidar »

Frank
Tiglath wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:47 am She continues "Mister Sicarius has no plans here save the furtherance of SuSAG's ongoing benefit to humanity. In this respect I am authorized to share that the Corporation has elected to reshuffle management positions in the District.".
Frank cannot help let out a burst of laughter. "I'm sorry, that was...unprofessional. I'm glad that SuSAG has decided has decided to make changes to management. You offer of a tour of Rond is most generous. Miss...would you mind waiting with the passengers while I discuss the possibility with my associates."

Once Miss Joy has been escorted out, Frank returns to speak to the others in the privacy of the cockpit.

"Well, that is most convenient. I would say that Sicarius is looking to help us help each other with getting rid of Keening. I trust Sicarius as much as I trust Keening, i.e. only when the outcome is to their benefit. Is this an opportunity worth taking the chance on?"

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by joertexas »

shaidar wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:36 pm Frank

Once Miss Joy has been escorted out, Frank returns to speak to the others in the privacy of the cockpit.

"Well, that is most convenient. I would say that Sicarius is looking to help us help each other with getting rid of Keening. I trust Sicarius as much as I trust Keening, i.e. only when the outcome is to their benefit. Is this an opportunity worth taking the chance on?"
Prerna shakes her head. "We need to stop this incursion before we do anything else, in my opinion. And, I'd recommend shooting, or possibly deactivating, that woman before she kills us. She's incredibly dangerous."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by shaidar »

Frank

"Oh, I have no doubt of how dangerous she is. I'm sure any truely aggressive act against will reveal this extremely quickly."

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by joertexas »

shaidar wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:06 pm Frank

"Oh, I have no doubt of how dangerous she is. I'm sure any truely aggressive act against will reveal this extremely quickly."
Prerna looks to her wife. "T'Lia, what do you think we should do with her?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by Tiglath »

Frank, Prerna and Klaus
shaidar wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:36 pm Frank cannot help let out a burst of laughter. "I'm sorry, that was...unprofessional. I'm glad that SuSAG has decided has decided to make changes to management. You offer of a tour of Rond is most generous. Miss...would you mind waiting with the passengers while I discuss the possibility with my associates."
The young woman from Executive Outcomes Division volunteers "Yersinia Pestis. My titular preference is "Ms". Thank you for your time Colonel Cross. Please convey my felicitations to your associates. I will wait with the employees".
joertexas wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:39 am
shaidar wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:06 pm "Oh, I have no doubt of how dangerous she is. I'm sure any truely aggressive act against will reveal this extremely quickly."
Prerna looks to her wife. "T'Lia, what do you think we should do with her?"
T'lia gives Prerna a warm smile "I believe your instincts regarding Mister Sicarius' protégé and her lethality are entirely accurate. An unusual name - perhaps Solomani rather than Vilani heritage?"

She then continues "Executive Outcomes Division are something of an unknown quantity but their reputation clearly precedes them - especially if the reaction of the SuSAG employees onboard is any measure. However, I believe they operate somewhat at arms length and also desire their internal "reshuffle" to be rather low impact if not entirely covert - at least as far as optics within the District go. Arguably that might adjust their boundaries as to acceptable losses regarding their expendable assets".

"I find Miss Pestis intriguing and believe her to be an example of Coreward High Imperial Tech. She apparently offers us the keys to Drace Keening's kingdom with access to Rond but must also surely be viewed as the highest possible threat in terms of both a potentially complete and crippling Intel compromise of SEMC and a catastrophic mission failure in favour of SuSAG after the termination of Local Deputy Director Keening's command".

She smiles "The solution's definitely going to involve terms like "finesse" and "timing"... and very definitely "surprise"".

Return to “District 268 Year 1105 (CT/CE Traveller)”