Player's Notes

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Player's Notes

#1 Post by thirdkingdom »

Use this thread to keep track of important/interesting things. It might also be worthwhile to note the IC page on which such events occured.

frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Player's Notes

#2 Post by frobozz »

These are the game notes which I have been recording on paper up until now. I don't have the OOC/IC page references on these first two entries, but I will include them in any new notes I add in the future.
At the Caves

Bargle:
hired goblins to move to caves 1 month prior to Thaumont 1
at caves 1 week prior to Thaumont 1
left chest for Elwyn's men, ordered goblins to guard chest
killed Aleena and her companion
currently engaged in "business to the north" (per letter from Bargle to Elwyn)

Elwyn:
recruited in Penhaligon some devotees of the Immortal Leptar (of the Entropic Sphere) to go retrieve the chest from the caves
devotees arrived at the caves to retrieve the chest and were detained by the party (on Thaumont 9)
electrum coins in the chest were for Elwyn to hire orc tribes and to finish building a redoubt somewhere off the Highreach River (possibly near Penhaligon)
Elwyn is required to do something or give something to Bargle by the first day of summer (Klarmont [June] 1 - three months away from Thaumont [March] 1) in exchange for the chest (per letter from Bargle to Elwyn)
Last edited by frobozz on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Lanny - Level 3 Elf - In Search of Adventure

frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by frobozz »

The Plot between Bargle and Elwyn

The Letter from Bargle to Elwyn (found in the caves):

"E -- Here are all of the goods that we have discussed. Remember what you owe me, now. Be prepared to act no later than the first day of summer. As I have business to the North, it is unlikely we will speak until then -- B"

Source: IC I, Page 14

Our Future against Bargle and Elwyn (foretold by Madame Esmerelda):

"You seek the foresaken cleric, then the wizard, but you must ask yourself what and why. What do they gain, by working together, and what do they seek to accomplish? And why do they do what they do? The first will be vanquished by steel, the second by flame, but there is a third, a third that even the wizard is unaware of, yet this other is the cause of much of the evil in this part of the world. Even I know not his name, or his fate! Yet you will discover that. The answers you seek lie under the desert sands, though you are not ready to travel there. Not ready by half!"

Source: IC II, Page 3
Last edited by frobozz on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by frobozz »

Elwyn's Location

The leader of Elwyn's emissaries provided us with this riddle about where the chest was supposed to be delivered:

"The sun sets above the grave of three honest men. Look to the king of the forest!"

Source: IC II, Page 7

The Magic Mouth in the caves provided us with this information about the location of Elwyn's hideout:

"Travel to Penhaligon and seek the assistance of a mortal woman calling herself Selfa Erinsdotter. She will lead you to your destination. Beware of two things! Things are not what they seem in Penhaligon. Trust no one. Next, the Drowned Maiden has awaken after her centuries of sleep and stalks both banks of the river, clutching both man and beast in her icy embrace."

Source: IC II, Page 16
Last edited by frobozz on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by frobozz »

Bargle's "Business to the North"

The duergar leader encountered in the passages under Castle Mistamere provided us this information:

"I am Argsan, second lieutenant of the Clan Deepmire. We have come far from our home to the north to reach this spot, travelling for three weeks through twisting caves and tunnels, to meet with an envoy of the filthy hobgoblin race. There was a wielder of magic, a sundweller, who came to us, spoke to the chief, presented her with riches, and persuaded her to send troops to this backwater to forge enough weapons to equip a small army, among other things. This mage, I never met. He wore black and had hair on his face, but all you surface dwellers look alike to me... There are those of us amongst the clan who disprove of this plan, yet cannot act openly. Those who wish to oppose the strategy, who would like to see things returned to the way they were, would make sure that wealth would find its way into the hands of those who could openly oppose the chief and her patron."

frobozz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by frobozz »

Bargle's Instructions to his Minions

Bargle provided the following information to Rhys via the silver bowl, believing that he was speaking to the doppleganger Asmiapol:

"For your sake, my faceless friend, you had better tell me it was the mage who escaped, and that you're about to capture him again! I don't need to tell you again I want him alive, do I?". There is a pause, and a disconcerting moment as the image in the bowl suddenly changes when the man on the other end looks down into a ravine before him. "I think we can do away with Varis, by now. Have Drashamohe become, perhaps, the Baron's gaoler, or some such thing. We can frame those adventurers for the death of Varis, discredit their memories, while maintaining control of the mage. And find out how they came to uncover the presence of Harlann and his brethren in the city; those rat-men are foul, but useful, and I dislike their warren was uncovered so quickly. And for you, my friend, I have need of you in Elwyn's fortress. Assume the identity of some base individual and offer to join the cleric's army. I trust Elwyn not, and need someone there to keep watch."

Return to “In Search of Adventure”