CHAPTER 13: R&R in Hagalton

Norjax
Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

CHAPTER 13: R&R in Hagalton

#1 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton 10D/82

It has been 36 days since you left Hagalton to explore Motter’s territory. Much has changed.

Hagalton Map

More ramshackle buildings have gone up since your departure. The promises of the Gam’A Zone have reached the hinterlands, drawing more to the area. More patrons means more business.
An ancient conveyance, excavated by a group of adventurers, serves as the centerpiece for a new tavern and provides inspiration for would-be explorers.

The Corpus Coyote Clans have set up a large camp to the west of Hagalton. They are preparing for an organized trek into the Zone. Their presence is causing agitation and conflict with the residents and guests of Hagalton.

You have received 1,600gp total for the items below:

(2) Motivator Units
(11) Relay branches
(3) Communication roots
(2) Intellect aorgans (Artificial organ)
(19) Circulatory branches
(17) Energy Pods

You have concluded that the dangers of Motter’s territory outweigh the rewards. A return to the tunnel system discovered in the north of the Gam’A Zone has been deemed a better option. After rest and recovery, you will make your way there.

OOC: Denslow, Silvestri and Kurot have advanced to Level 5. They may try to improve their Passive Mutations.

Action Details:
Characters:

Monsters:

Actions?

Hit Points [Luck Point Recovery - 17D]:

Denslow – 42/42 [16/16]
Silvestri – 60/60 [12/14]
Kurot – 50/50 [10/15]
Max – 28/28 [6/15]
Anton – 43/43 [11/11]
Saiph – 25/25 [7/11]
Podo – 63/63 [14/14]
Urlando – 75/75 [13/17]
Last edited by Norjax on Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: CHAPTER 13: R&R in Hagalton

#2 Post by greyarea »

Denslow will visit Arctic Zong to ask if anything more is known or has been occurring with the tunnel system/mushroom forest. He will also try to find out about other happenings on.

I'm happy with his passive mutations. Let's keep as is.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by greyarea »

Max will talk to Plod to see if there are any artifacts he can purchase. If not, he will go one-by-one to the specialty merchants. He's especially looking for weapons better than his spear or crossbow, and anything that might assist in his invoking of his patron or casting his spells. He's excited because the others' description of the place makes him wonder if he can commune with UKUR there.

Anton_E_Gregor
Guide
Guide

#4 Post by Anton_E_Gregor »

Anton heads over to the Armorer to explore options for a weapons upgrade and asks Podo to tag along.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

The Psion wants to visit the armourer for more ammo. He's also interested in visiting the speciality shops.

Passive mutations are good as they are.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton 10D/82

Denslow makes his way through the crowded streets of Hagalton to the dwelling of Artic Zong, the information merchant. The diversity of people is extensive and the origin of some is a complete mystery. He makes his approach and does his best to “soften” her up for a favorable response.

She begins with a donation of general information:

“There has been an increase in adventures visiting town. Everyone is going to the pits of Sott’Urwa just inside the northern edge of the Zone.” Her emotionless expression signals coin is required for any details. A bronze cup, capable of holding 100 gp, sits on the counter near your edge.

OOC: The cup can hold 100gp. Make a 1d20 Luck Check. If you roll your current Luck or below, more information will cost 25gp. If you fail it will cost 50gp.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton 10D/82

Max proceeds to Plod Jakee hoping to bargain for some artifacts recovered from the Gam’A Zone. She has acquired many artifacts from a recent expedition into Sott’ Urwa.

“Although it was costly for the expedition, they fended off the Thorax Scavengers and recovered a buried hoard. You mentioned a more effective means to commune with your patron? This little item may just help.” She presents a light blue, disc-shaped object one quarter the size of a gold coin. It glistens as she moves it in her palm and it appears to be translucent.

“They contain packets of exotic quanta that interact with the biofields of a neuronautic practitioner. Ingesting a pill will provide a one-time boost to a communion with your patron. I can’t ensure positive results from such a rare and exotic item but will guarantee their authenticity. I am only able to ascertain their condition and charge accordingly.”

Good (Qty: 3) 50gp Ea.
Average (Qty: 7) 35gp Ea.
Poor (Qty: 11) 15gp Ea.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton 10D/82

Anton, Podo and Silvestri visit Po Ellol, the arms and armor merchant. The increased activity in the area has raised prices due to increased demand.

“My friends, ammo and better arms are indeed available. Shell casing reloads are 1gp each. Ready to use ammunition is 2gp each.”

“For my symbiote friend here, I offer this Ten-vres pistol for 350gp. It holds six shots each for a specific task; tangler, explosive, sleep vapor, slicer, needles and seeker. It comes with one reload canister (6 shots).”

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

"How many rifle rounds do you have? Have you come into the possession of any interesting armour?"

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton 10D/82

Po answers Silvestri, “We have an abundance of ammunition thanks to a steady supply from the Pigmonn Confedorksy.”

OOC: As much as you can purchase is available.

“In regard to armor, I do have something peculiar,” states Po as he exits and goes into the storeroom. He returns with an elaborate 8-inch-wide waist belt (girdle) fabricated out of a dark blue flexible metal with yellow trim.

“This item contains an internal energy packet that produces a deflect barrier around the proximity of anyone wearing it. Both projectile and melee strikes are affected."

He presents it to Silverstri, "200gp as is.”

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

"May I have a closer look? How is it powered?"

If allowed, he wants to examine it to see if runs off the same kind of power source as the goggles and pistol.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton 10D/82

Po passes the belt to Silvestri, “I’m afraid the mystery of its power is beyond what I am willing to risk. The unit is sealed and any attempt to open the device might prove deadly.”

OOC: If you want to determine the power source, an artifact check will be required.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by greyarea »

Denslow
Luck check [1d20]=16

Denslow tosses 25gp into the cup. Do you mean the Corpus Coyote Clans? Has anyone said what are they hoping to find at the pits of Sott’Urwa? Aren't they afraid of the thorax scavengers and the nasty crystal spiders?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

"Don't worry, I just want to look to see if it is similar to the items I have seen."

Artifact check: [1d20+12]=12+12=24

Can I spend 3 luck points to bring it up to a 27?

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Norjax »

shaidar wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:05 am Can I spend 3 luck points to bring it up to a 27?
Yes you may.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by shaidar »

I'll spend those 3 points then. :)

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton 10D/82

Denslow successfully reads Artic's body language and senses chemical traces leeching from her skin. He deposits 25 coins into the offering cup and waits for her response.

"The Clans have sent patrols into the Zone and determined that the Sott’Urwa area is the most lucrative. The expeditions into Sott’Urwa have found underground tunnels and an entire subterranean environ from before the Cursed Times. Many have been trapped in razor-sharp meshes spun by crystal spiders and most die before their companions can rescue them. The tunnels lead out and away from the ruins, allegedly leading to other locales.

Many curios and artifacts have been recovered there. Unfortunately, the number of groups and their proximity to each other has sparked rivalries, robberies and murder out in the waste."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Norjax »

shaidar wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:15 pm I'll spend those 3 points then. :)
Actually, if you want the result of 27, you will need 7 Luck total becuase the Complexity modifier is 4.

24+7-4=27

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by shaidar »

Those dang complexity modifiers. In for a penny, in for a pound, I'll spend the 7 points.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton 10D/82
shaidar wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:50 pm Those dang complexity modifiers.

I forgot about those too!

Silvestri expertly examines the belt and Po is amazed by his prowess with ancient technology. The energy source is unlike the psion has seen before. When a finger is passed across the upper front trim, two interior gels fuse and generate power. When their bond is broken, the device deactivates.

OOC: Translated into game terms:

Roll a usage die to activate (begins at 1d8)
When activated, the belt affords a +2 to AC and absorbs 15hp of damage before shutting down.
No delay is required between activations.

Hit Points [Luck Point Recovery - 17D]:

Denslow – 42/42 [16/16]
Silvestri – 60/60 [5/14]
Kurot – 50/50 [10/15]
Max – 28/28 [6/15]
Anton – 43/43 [11/11]

Return to “Tales From the Gam'A Zone (DCC/MCC)”