Barrowmaze: Territorial Gains.

Spearmint
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Barrowmaze: Territorial Gains.

#821 Post by gurusql »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:17 am “We could always use a good trap finder where we’re going, Cadeweed. Would you be interested in joining our splinter cell recon team?”
Cadeweed

"You can count me in on that. Sounds like you both had an incredible adventure."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#822 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven smiles.

“Excellent! It’s settled then! Orgoth and I will take the wagon back to helix now, with whoever wants to return. Anyone who’d rather continue expanding guild territories here can return to their explorations. I expect to be back either tomorrow or the day after, then anyone who’d like to head home at that time can take the wagon back once we arrive. We can set up a continuous shuttle service eventually.”

“We didn’t find much for treasure or magic items, unfortunately. But what we did will be divvied up among us logically once properly identified. We have a few of these heavy jars to transport. Is there anything you guys found recently that we should bring back with us too?”

I will set our refugees up at the Guild. If Unnamed Woman #1 wants a place to recover her senses, she is more than welcome to remain as long as she likes, doing any chores or duties she is capable of to earn her keep. (how’s her cooking?) :lol:

Berric and Crippens can learn the way of things from Yardie, all of them training and sparring whenever appropriate in order to learn from each others different fighting styles. I expect them to join us on our return, hopefully with Penelope along as well, if possible.

Amos will remain here until the team returns.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#823 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

"I need to re-supply on weapons as well."

Once back to Helix he will recover his loaned out weapons/magic items. Then gift each individual 50gp to help them establish themselves. If any are not returning with us (the bugbear and gargoyle maybe?) he will ask how he may aid them for their journey. Ne doesn't have much for resources but might be able to purchase something from the other adventurers if need be. This doesn't apply to Yardie, he intends to gift him moo-moo and 1,000gp on their return.

Kenjosephus
Tracker
Tracker

#824 Post by Kenjosephus »

Veryn

Veryn will ask the Where-rat group (Rum, Callen, Sundance, and Sigrid) if they wanted to go back to resupply for the crypt exploration and possible "liberation" attempt. He will also ask the mongrelfolks that followed them if it is okay for them if we left them for a day or two, with reasons above.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#825 Post by Spearmint »

if they wanted to go back to resupply
the supply wagon brought excess equipment. So in regard to ropes, oil, spikes, rations, you could take your fill from present stock.

I will wind up this section shortly. I am just waiting on one or two players to action their characters then I will go forward.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#826 Post by Spearmint »

“Excellent! It’s settled then! Orgoth and I will take the wagon back to helix now, with whoever wants to return. Anyone who’d rather continue expanding guild territories here can return to their explorations.
Sven, Orgoth & Cadeweed plus associated npc's or Barrowmaze escapees take the supply wagon back to Helix. (including Barba who accompanied Cadeweed and Tamson who was seconded by Vann Hector).

Grumashk will accompany the wagon until it reaches close to the settlement then take his leave for his home region.

The wagon will arrive back in Helix around midday July 12th.

actions post in Helix location or Barrowmaze Co-op threads.

July 12th 1066

Veryn organises a return exploration to the Mongrelmen area

Sir Dewey organises the other explorations, into areas perhaps discovered by Sven & Orgoth or elsewhere.
He holds his hand up to slow things down. "Tell me you have a rough map of your travels. Come, everyone should come and rest for a moment, get some food and resupply." Sir Dewey motions for everyone to go over to the storeroom area.
a map could be found reading their expedition thread which I presume they make public Guild knowledge.

Actions, I figure Rum will go with Veryn but need decisions from others regarding where and what their character will do if you have not recently specified.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#827 Post by ateno »

"I'll stay here for now. Do what I can."

Cosmo

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#828 Post by redwarrior »

Isvand I don't want to travel there just to come back to here! I'm in favor of pressing on - carefully! - and exploring more of the complex.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#829 Post by Darithe »

Sigrid

Sigrid happy to see Sven and Orgoth alive and well begins to wonder if they may have written off their elven friend too soon without finding his body. "I intend to stay at least for now," she says looking over her companions, "Mayhaps my skills will be needed."

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#830 Post by Craigers07 »

Kenjosephus wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:25 am Veryn

Veryn will ask the Where-rat group (Rum, Callen, Sundance, and Sigrid) if they wanted to go back to resupply for the crypt exploration and possible "liberation" attempt. He will also ask the mongrelfolks that followed them if it is okay for them if we left them for a day or two, with reasons above.
Rum

"Yes, I will join you Veryn and return to the crypt. I need to rest though, so these wounds will heal."

Kenjosephus
Tracker
Tracker

#831 Post by Kenjosephus »

Veryn

On second thought, Veryn is not wounded or anything. He can still have use in terms of pointing out traps in the southern part of the crypt. Therefore, he decided not to go back to Helix and push his luck for another day. He takes some torches and rations, enough to fill his quota which is the the amount of when he first headed.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#832 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sir Dewey

He says goodbye to the newly returned and then turns his attention to the group staying.

"Ok. We stick together and deal with more of these walls, setting up guards at key intersections."

"Did you ever make it through that dark area, or around it? Having a mage cast light there may be useful."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#833 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven speaks out loud to Sir Dewey before they depart.

“The mutated monsters crawling from that pit are the very barriers we face around every corner of this place. I believe the Pit of Chaos is an open portal leading directly to the Abyss. If we can find a way to close that, to stop the flow of evil filling these halls, we might eventually be able to clear out all the cultist activity before they restock their demonic fodder.”

“The only means I’ve learned to close the gate is to activate something called the Font of Law. If we find that relic in here somewhere, we may be able to do some serious damage against the evil forces that dominate these halls.”

“Be careful everyone!”

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#834 Post by gurusql »

Cadeweed

Cadeweed get ready to leave with the Sven, Orgoth and Barba and whomever else is coming to make another round trip to town.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#835 Post by sastaz »

Gerdal

Hi all, sorry for the hiatus - work and flu...

In short, Gerdal will join up with any (normal sized) group that is willing to continue exploring the barrow maze!

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#836 Post by Spearmint »

I will give a round up here shortly and go forward with the next exploration stages and group dynamics.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#837 Post by Spearmint »

Barrowmaze: The 'de Ogilvy corridor' area.

July 12th 1066

After breakfasting together, Sven, Orgoth and npc cohort, fresh from their traumas and narrow escapes, take the supply wagon back to Helix, accompanied by Cadeweed, Barba & Tamson.

They arrive back around midday and pending some rest, recuperation, religious devotions and spell learning, intend to return to explore the outer reaches of the expanding Barrowmaze map in a few days time.

This leaves characters Gerdal, Isvand, Cosmo, Sir Dewey, Sigrid, Gideon, Amos, Veryn, Callan & Rum with their own npc cohort to carry on the Adventurers Guild mission to explore and consolidate nearby territory.

One 'expedition' is suggested which involves supporting the befriended Mongrelmen in their desire to free themselves fully from a faction of cultists who hold sway over crypts and passages to the south. It is hoped that aiding them may help fortify your tenuously held position and with maze knowledgeable allies, gain further traction in defeating all the cultist presence and locate the holy relics that have been laid, dormant and buried for such a time as this; to fight against the resurgent diabolic plans of the underworld deities of Death and decay.

Veryn, Rum, Callan & Sigrid set forth and will continue but in the Where-Rats & Mongrelmen thread again please.

viewtopic.php?p=691472#p691472

This leaves the others to push forward further explorations close to the entrance Barrow. Thought was given to breaching some blocked up passages and doors and this is where I will go forward.

So Sir Dewey, Amos, Isvand, Cosmo, Gerdal & Gideon will continue in this thread.
I would be fine anyone adjusting groups, I am just at this stage going by previous posted actions and comments.
I will update here with a resume of the area and then call for character actions.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#838 Post by Spearmint »

Health Status:

Isvand: 10/21hp
Cosmo: 5/14hp
Amos: 13/20hp
Gideon: 7/8hp
Gerdal (with chameleon Harkazz): 10/10hp (14/14hp)
Sir Dewey: 20/22hp

Patra-patra: 8/8hp
Copperpiece: 6/6hp

Plantie: 5/8hp
Lemmy: 5/8hp
Ozzie: 7/8hp
Meatloaf: 8/8hp

Gerdal's Mule: 12/12hp

Gnimish: 2/9hp
Treyvor: 5/6hp
Bucko: 7/8hp

These last named trio 'hold the fort', guarding the upper barrow mound entrance and lower corridors unless otherwise specified.

Let me know of any spell use, Cure prayers, auguries and class actions taken prior to setting off.

Here is a map portion noted earlier with three blocked up portals. I think the consensus was to tackle them each in turn, starting with the ringed one on the upper left.

Correct me if needed:

The group make their way through some well travelled rooms south of the Long Corridor. Proceeding via Rat Room, Grotesque hallway and into the key shaped corridor that has an open pit on the far right and into the L-shaped corridor. Here another deep open pit guards the way, past this is an archway with impenetrable Darkness which may link up with an area bypassed by Veryn's group in their Mongrelman area somewhere beyond.

To the immediate right, in the north wall of the corridor is a well built, thick stone wall, mortared seamlessly to block access into the area behind it.

Nothing as yet disturbs your morning recreation and once given the nod, the miners can pound the wall with their ramrod.

Actions everyone please (Amos, Gerdal, Sir Dewey, Isvand, Cosmo & Gideon).
Attachments
IMG_20240228_144315.jpg
IMG_20240228_144315.jpg (364.75 KiB) Viewed 86 times

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#839 Post by redwarrior »

Isvand as the miners set up for work, Isvand moves off just a bit to the south near the pit trap, if I'm reading the map correctly and sets up a watch down that corridor.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#840 Post by Spearmint »

Just as an action. It was suggested before but not acted upon. But Isvand has his enchanted 'Elf Ears' and I wonder if you want to use them, keeping one and giving the other to Veryn's team so that you can communicate between groups?

Return to “Barrowmaze (1e)”