Re: Barrowmaze: Territorial Gains.

#781 Post by OGRE MAGE »

My PC NPC would love some XP and HP. :mrgreen:

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#782 Post by Spearmint »

Gideon & Gerdal consider options. Resting here, restoring spells and taking a specific corner to dedicate to the light of St Ygg sound good.

The team put effort in consolidation of their current position. A number of hours go by without intrusion.

Barrow Maze random vs 1: [1d6]=3[1d6]=6[1d6]=2[1d6]=5Barrow Maze random vs 1: [1d6]=6[1d6]=3[1d6]=1[1d6]=2

What I will do here at this point is give a summary and I am trying to draw the nearby expedition to a close with you so that the whole team can reunite and go forward on the new day with more information and 'plot-hooks' for exploration.

Actions: Mine! I will edit here with the xp awards and folk can discuss any treasures and troves to share out.

It may take a while as there is a lot to calculate, so it may be another day or two which gives time for the others to round up too.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#783 Post by Spearmint »

I am working upon xp awards, updates and drawing the nearby expedition to a conclusion so that the group can be as one for next exploration planning and discussions.

I will update here shortly.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#784 Post by Spearmint »

conclusions

July 11th 1066.

During your evening consolidation, the Where-Rats group return from exploring the crypts and hallways south of the Long Corridor.

As Gerdal augured correctly, the group encountered some Mongrelmen who were sheltering in a crypt and befriending (rather than Charming) them, the group have brought five of the strange Barrowmaze folk to the group for protection and help.

For the evening they are billeted in the east crypt adjacent to the 'Poltergeist room'.

Alarmingly, Vann Hector is missing, presumed dead. They testify to the rogue falling headlong into a seemingly bottomless pit and no trace, sight or sound has been heard of him since.

Actions: Mine, I am totting up xp and tooth combing the two expedition threads and will get to a conclusion soon and then update with next exploration choices.

Thank you for your patience.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#785 Post by Darithe »

Sigrid

Sigrid greets her old companions as they rejoin once more, sadly retelling the loss of Vann, trying not to get emotional in recounting it. "So we sadly assume him dead, since it appears none could survive his fall," she nods to each of her former companions genuinely glad to see them again, her eyes lastly falling on Sir Dewey, offering him a warm smile. She takes a seat and begins to study her spellbook, listening eagerly as their plans are made.

Kenjosephus
Tracker
Tracker

#786 Post by Kenjosephus »

Veryn

Veryn will let Sigrid do the bad news talk first before telling the big party of the opportunity that they got when encountering the Mongrelfolks.

These folks will be liberated by us if we take down "the evil one" and his minion in the crypt southward from here. If we do, i suspect that these folks will owe us a big favour in the long run.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#787 Post by Spearmint »

Summary of preliminary expedition points:

Here is a placeholder to chart the xp earned post group consolidations:

Three rodent abominations (undead giant rats): +150xp

Ten Ravenous Zombies: +500xp

Troll (from the box): +845xp

Wall of Black Puddings: +337

Key Actions:
Disable Acid trap keystone: +50xp
Deactivate plinth trap: +50xp
Discovery Ritual Baptistry: +50xp

total +1982xp, at this point awarding Amos 1/2 share xp. resolved as +180xp per character share.

Bone Golem: +1800xp
Activate Vermissian Sage: +50xp

Next day: Three Scorpion Constructs: +300xp
Poltergeist: +80xp

total +2230xp, awarding Amos full share as a character player. resolved as +248xp per character share.

Post arrival of supply wagon:
Barrow Mist Skeletons and fire bombing Ravenous: +240xp

I will simply add +30xp each character.

On top of the above cumulative totals, each player may receive a 'prime requisite bonus' of +10% and this total will be further doubled to cover the explorations, challenges and fun roleplaying. Each character also receives a +100xp expedition participation award (Cadeweed aside as his was given when arriving with the supply wagon).

Also the award here covers only those present during actions, so Sigrid & Sundance are receiving a partial share in the Where-Rats division noted elsewhere.

In the final analysis: the Experience Points Award is detailed for each character below:

Sven: missing, presumed dead/teleported.
Orgoth: missing, presumed dead/teleported.
Yardie: missing, presumed dead/teleported.

The Miners: (Lemmy, Ozzie, Plantie & Meatloaf) not contracted to receive xp, but I will buff each with +1hp.

Buxton, Gnimish, Treyvor, Patra-patra,Copperpiece each receive 1/2 shares according to their NPC status. +428xp each npc.

Sundance has heen awarded +400xp for her involvement in both expeditions.

Amos receives 1/2 share for the first day's exploration and a full share post absence of Sven. Totalling +892xp

Tamson, has received a share of the Where-Rats division and a bonus for guarding the Barrow Mound entrance, +332xp

Sigrid receives +916xp in total, (I had to recalculate and round up as you participated in the Bone Golem attack then joined the other trek which allotted you +110xp for your share of the Where-Rats search).

Sir Dewey +1016xp

Gerdal +1016xp

Isvand +502xp Fighter/ +548xp Thief

Gideon +1016xp

Cosmo +548 Illusionist/ +548xp Thief

Cadeweed & Barba both received xp awards for bringing the supply wago but each receive a +30xp share in the slaying of the Barrow Mist Skeletons.

I think that covers everyone! A few folk may have levelled up, so do check your sheets and upgrade with any new skills, matrix, HP, Saves & THAC0 changes.

I have updated the public expedition thread to show the above. Let me know about any discrepancies. I blame the post-midnight hours!

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#788 Post by ateno »

No level for me, I do have only 32 exp to make 3rd Illusionist though... ;)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#789 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sir Dewey

He hangs his head upon hearing the news of Vann. "Blasted dungeon. But why a bottomless pit? What's the point of that? Could it be another teleportation trap?"

At Sigrid's smile, he can't help but feel guilty that he is glad it wasn't her who fell.

"Who's mapping this place, we must make sure we update things."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#790 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Amos listens intently to the bad news before responding.

"We have seen many traps just like that in here so far, Sir Dewey. Did anyone hear a cry? Did you see a body? Hear the splat?"

"If not, I refuse to believe he is dead. Let's keep our hopes up that all our missing friends may eventually be found in here again."

Amos will take over mapping duties if there are no other takers.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#791 Post by Spearmint »

July 11th 1066.

The Where-Rats rejoin the Territorial Gains team and settle down for the evening, discussing plans for next exploration choices and giving time to the spell casters to renew arcane and divine repertoires.

Actions: none yet, I am concluding another thread and then will open a new one for the next sessions.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#792 Post by Spearmint »

Actions:

As the two teams consolidate overnight and xp has been given out, Players can share testimonies and discuss any options for next steps, give me some plans and decisions, plus renew spells.

Can each player acknowledge their xp award and update sheets accordingly.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#793 Post by redwarrior »

Isvand is updated and so close to leveling up he can taste it! :-)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#794 Post by gurusql »

Cadeweed - Sheet updated.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#795 Post by ateno »

Cosmo - updated

Kenjosephus
Tracker
Tracker

#796 Post by Kenjosephus »

Veryn, updated

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#797 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Amos will use his final healing spell on Sir Dewey before they rest for the night.

CLW [1d8]=5

He sticks to his idea of using the miners to bash through a couple more walls before talk begins about heading back again.
BRAG Area.jpg
BRAG Area.jpg (223.63 KiB) Viewed 2842 times

"Look at this map. Sven was convinced that we are on the very western edge of the maze. You will notice that all of the rooms we have found so far head towards the east, so this could indeed be the westernmost portion of this dungeon. I propose we move to the wall south of the entrance and see what is behind that bricked up area first."

Hw awaits official orders from Sir Dewy before gathering the miners.

Amos' sheet is up to date (and he is far from leveling) :lol:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#798 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Updated.

Sir Dewey

The Knight nods his thanks yet again. "We have the manpower still, let's keep at it and clear these areas. Some of which have been valuable. I'm still looking for more artifacts and mention of the battle that happened here. And remember, there is something hidden down here that the cults want. They can't be allowed to get it."

He's all for bashing down another wall, but let's take care of these stuck doors first. They might be easier? Or did we already take care of them?

"We need to stick together and pool our power when we open a room. So if everyone's ready, let's go to the south. We will keep some people (NPC) in the entrance hallway to keep a look out.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#799 Post by Spearmint »

Health Status:

Isvand: 9/21hp
Cosmo: 4/14hp
Amos: 12/20hp
Gideon: 6/8hp
Gerdal (with chameleon Harkazz): 10/11hp (14/15hp)
Sir Dewey: 19/22hp
Cadeweed: 12/18hp

Patra-patra: 8/8hp
Copperpiece: 6/6hp
Gnimish: 1/9hp
Treyvor: 4/6hp
Barba: 5/10hp

Plantie: 4/8hp
Lemmy: 4/8hp
Ozzie: 6/8hp
Meatloaf: 8/8hp
Tamson:10/10hp
Bucko: 6/8hp

Martell: deceased.
Vann Hector: MIA/presumed dead
Callan: 8/8hp
Veryn: 6/6hp
Rum Lightbender: 6/11hp
Sigrid: 9/14hp
Sundance: 7/8hp

Outside the Barrow Mound:
Mule: 12/12hp
Dandelion: 15/15hp (draft horse) & wagon.

I am just waiting on acknowledgements from a few absent players and concluding a couple of private forum questions, then will go forward with the next days activity.
Last edited by Spearmint on Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#800 Post by sastaz »

Gerdal

Casts her CLW on herself before resting as well.

Cure light wounds [1d8]=8

"I'm sure our friends are alive somewhere, I can feel it. How to find them, that's another matter. Perhaps if we carry on, there will be more portals to these other worlds, entrances that are more accessible."

She has a look at the map discussed.

"That sounds like a good idea. The only risk I can think about is that we will be cornered with no escape if we are attacked in one corner of the maze. But, like you say, we can place people on watch that will warn us.

She joins the group heading south.

Sheet updated.

Return to “Barrowmaze (1e)”