Barrowmaze: Territorial Gains.

Spearmint
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Barrowmaze: Territorial Gains.

#801 Post by gurusql »

Cadeweed

Cadeweed will be joining the group as well, ready to move forward with is net in hand.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#802 Post by Darithe »

Sigrid

Sigrid puts away her spellbook for now, "South seems the most pressing concern," she says in her thick accent, "so let us be on our way."

Sheet updated for experience listed here.

Kenjosephus
Tracker
Tracker

#803 Post by Kenjosephus »

Veryn

Veryn agrees to head south. He will volunteer to scout 10 feet ahead of the party

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#804 Post by ateno »

Now that the party is somewhat bigger, Cosmos is feeling a bit more secure.

"I'l head with you all.

Cosmo

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#805 Post by Spearmint »

stop press: ...

The combined team lays plans for morning expeditions, finally resting weary bodies after a long day of explorations.

During the night there is a critical incident that causes a great stir among those on guard duties and 'All Hands' are called as a weary ragged and savage looking group of desperadoes bust into the corridor from the regions beyond the Poltergeist room.

A tall armoured man breaches the corridor door, his head his bleached bone and sports wide thick horns like a demonic steer. Next to him a Bugbear, tall and leprous, wielding a sledgehammer slung over a shoulder. Besides him comes a gaunt half naked woman, barefoot and clearly traumatized. Another woman follows, dressed in crafted leathers sneaking along the corridor shadows with a grizzled dwarf and a mercenary, all bear javelins and look primed for trouble. Behind them a hopping Mongrelman, his Frogling legs giving him an awkward gait in the passage confines. Following him comes a scarred Gargoyle, his wings hacked off, he accompanies a dusty, grey furred wolf.

In the shadow of the lupine comes a broad-shoulder warrior, his shield an Aspis, crafted with divine enchantments. Lastly, smoking on a cigar comes a teenage, carrot haired youth, half turned grey from his experiences.

Sven, Orgoth & Yardie!

The mercenary takes off the minotaur skull, Moo-Moo, saluting Sir Dewey and larconically reporting, "I'sa tode you I wud'da bring em safely home."

Actions please.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#806 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

"You brought us home Yardie, that you did."

Orgoth looks over the others with a glint in his eye, "You have no idea how glad I am to see the lot of you!"

He will move into the other group, grasping hands etc.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#807 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven looks pretty rough, but he is still alive, so far. HIs pack and pouches appear nearly drained of the important resources he once carried.

"Hey gang! We made it back here alive, and we rescued a few others along the way. Let me give everyone a little advice......DO NOT CLIMB INSIDE THAT COFFIN!!!"

Sven also shares his appreciation to the others who remained here despite them being teleported somewhere else in the dungeon. "I bet you all thought we were dead, eh?" He claps Yardie on the back while looking a little sideways at Amos.

"We intend to take these poor folks back to Helix before we delve any further. How have things fared here in our stead?"

He introduces everyone before looking around at the remaining group. "So Vann buggered off like I expected then? Why am I not surprised? He is a thief after all. Did he take anyone important along with him?"

The young mage makes his own assumptions, but is ready to hear the details of anything horrible that happened while they were gone.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#808 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sir Dewey

The Knight returns the salute with a smile, then laughs. "Good man! I knew it was a good idea to have you go. I will listen to your judgment anytime." He jests a bit and then moves to embrace his companions.

"You look like you've been busy. What's all this?" He motions to the gaggle of followers they have pied pipered. Sir Dewey bows slightly to the ladies, directly asking the barefoot woman if she is ok, offering some assistance and a blanket.

Kenjosephus
Tracker
Tracker

#809 Post by Kenjosephus »

Veryn

Gladness turned to sadness for Vann Hector's not in the surviving lot. It turned again into annoyance of Sven's remark.
Yes, his whole fucking body and life dropped into a pit. The man might be a thief, but he's not a craven, like you picture. He's in the frontline with me, making sure no trap was bound to doom us in the first run. The man makes the call and without him, we're headless chicken in the butcherhouse.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#810 Post by ateno »

"This is quite a surprise, welcome back everyone, I suppose a very early morning is called for. Do you need water or food?

Cosmo offers his waterskin to everybody.

Cosmo

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#811 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Kenjosephus wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:28 pm Veryn

Gladness turned to sadness for Vann Hector's not in the surviving lot. It turned again into annoyance of Sven's remark.
Yes, his whole fucking body and life dropped into a pit. The man might be a thief, but he's not a craven, like you picture. He's in the frontline with me, making sure no trap was bound to doom us in the first run. The man makes the call and without him, we're headless chicken in the butcherhouse.
Sven looks up with one eyebrow raised.

"Take it easy now. I had no idea, and meant no offense."

"Are you saying that he fell into a pit? And that you never saw him again?"

The mage shakes his head. "I would bet you everything I have that he's not actually dead. I know some of you are new to this place, but I want you to look at our group and tell me that you really fear the elf is permanently gone. I mean.....we are standing right here, no? Did any of you think we were dead?" He looks at Amos once again.

"I will tell you what......since he is a full fledged member of the Guild, once we return, I will make it my number one priority to help locate Vann Hector again. Can you show me where this pit is? Because I will almost guarantee you that, if no body was found, he was only teleported somewhere else in here, as we were."

Sven pulls out his map to record the areas the others already searched.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#812 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

"Once we have recovered enough to be useful I am more than willing to take part in a rescue mission."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#813 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As soon as Sven spots Sir Dewey, he smacks his forehead and shouts.

"Oh shit! I almost forgot....... We located the fricking Pit of Chaos!!!"

He stands there shaking his head and pointing to Orgoth and Yardie.

"Right? Right? Tell him what we killed there!"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#814 Post by gurusql »

Cadeweed

Cadeweed walks up to Sven and says, "Glad you are safe, don't let them fool you they all thought you were dead. Nice to see you again, when was the last time, in Ironguard? "

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#815 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

"The pit of Chaos. It was, well, Chaos. We had some help, from Cromm, but we managed to kill a demon, like a fricken real deal demon with a name and everything. Well, maybe we banished it back to wherever it came from I am not really sure but it was gone either way. And another smaller demon but still big demon and a bunch of smaller demons. And I am now a Holy Warrior of Cromm, did I mention that? I commanded a host of Cromm and everything. I even healed Yardie once. It was total Chaos and none of us would have made it back if it wasn't for the others, some didn't make it back. Some of those we freed died fighting our way out, but they died fighting."

Orgoth seems very emotional and on the edge of tears as he talks about those who died fighting.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#816 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven nods along emphatically, waving his hands and arms along to help narrate the details. He turns serious when Orgoth mentions the 2 men crushed by the deadly stone golems. “Those men died so the rest of us could make it back alive……..This whole experience makes me wonder how many others are imprisoned in here against their will.”

“Once we get these poor folks back to where they want to go, we are going to resupply, and come right back here to look for others who may be trapped or imprisoned. I want to make that my new main focus, while the rest of the Guild continues normal explorations. I love what you’ve done to the place, by the way. This is really starting to look like a proper encampment. Thanks everyone!”

gurusql wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:34 am Cadeweed walks up to Sven and says, "Glad you are safe, don't let them fool you they all thought you were dead."
The young mage is genuinely glad to see Cadeweed again. “Thank you friend! It was a little hard to tell at first.” He winks at Amos, finally letting his retainer off the proverbial hook.

“We could always use a good trap finder where we’re going, Cadeweed. Would you be interested in joining our splinter cell recon team?”

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#817 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sir Dewey

"You found the Pit of Chaos? And defeated a demon there? And then what? What is supposed to happen there?" The Knight tries to grasp what everything means and what happens next.

"A host of Cromm? Impressive. And congratulations, Orgoth. But where did you find everyone?"

He holds his hand up to slow things down. "Tell me you have a rough map of your travels. Come, everyone should come and rest for a moment, get some food and resupply." Sir Dewey motions for everyone to go over to the storeroom area.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#818 Post by Spearmint »

The reunion takes place during the midnight hours and there is no other intrusion, so all spell casters can replenish their lists and I will action those who cast Cure spells in advance.

So at this point, some plans are made:

Sven & his escapees can take the wagon back to Helix and with a quick turnaround, return to explore another portion of Barrowmaze.

Veryn & Rum have the Mongrelmen to follow up on. Incidentally, Sven found and charmed a Mongrelman named BarkingToadLegs.

Cosmo might actually be pleased to know his map traced from beggar Alastar's tattoo was very influential in the lost trio surviving and navigating about. How that maze portion which includes the Pit of Chaos fits together needs a wider map. I will add Sven & Orgoth's adventure to the Completed Expeditions so you guys can read ooc.

You can continue next exploration planning here and discussing options in the light of new information. Once groups form and a plan comes together, I will action new threads.

Actions, questions, comments and character actions please.

Kenjosephus
Tracker
Tracker

#819 Post by Kenjosephus »

Veryn

Aye, i can show you the pit. A bottomless pit that is.

Veryn approach the map and with his finger, trails additional pathway southwards and points out the exact pit where the elven rogue fell to his demise.

Pit of Chaos? You found it and you survived? The beggar speaks truth, then.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#820 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

"He speaks truth, his tattoo map is accurate I can assure you."

Return to “Barrowmaze (1e)”