The Tomb of the Lizard King

hedgeknight
Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: The Tomb of the Lizard King

#501 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai

I will heal you Gormundel but I want a look at your spellbooks. If we have a deal I will let you see mine as well.

----------------------------------------
OOC- If he agrees I will dump 2 Cure Moderate Wounds into him and one into himself. And one CLW on Cassius.

G-[1d10+4]=1+4=5 CMW
G-[1d10+4]=7+4=11 CMW

Sai- [1d10+4]=2+4=6 CMW

[1d8+4]=1+4=5 CLW
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#502 Post by hedgeknight »

So...are you going to hole up here or return to Gormundel's private quarters?
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#503 Post by Rex »

Fahima

In Gormundel's private chamber so we can get his healing stuff.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#504 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm good with either getting his stuff from his room or going back there to rest up and heal.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#505 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius

"If you think you're up to moving, let's go to your quarters."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#506 Post by hedgeknight »

Greyhawk, 586 CY, Readying 21, Afternoon?

Beaten and battered, but no longer in danger of dying...just yet...the group decides to return to where they basically began: the private chambers of Gormundel the wizard. Alert for danger and armed to the teeth, the companions retrace their steps all the way back to the secret door bearing a painted visage of a demon. Gormundel whispers a word, and the door opens.

This is a finely furnished chamber with thick fur carpeting, a brass bed, a wooden desk and chair, a washstand, and various other knickknacks. Gormundel goes to the washstand, pours a basin of water and splashes his face and arms, washing away some blood and grime. Drying off on a small towel, the wizard then goes to the southern wall, speaks a word, and opens a hidden door to another room (#9). The room has long, low work benches along the right and left walls. These benches contain bottles and vials, a lamp and a burner, weights, and other alchemical equipment. There is a reading stand in the right-hand corner of the room.
Continuing to totter along, Gormundel walks past the benches right up to the southern wall. Touches a couple of areas on the wall and another door slides open. Beyond, is complete darkness.
"Be right back," Gormundel says and walks into the darkness...

Actions?

Stats:
Cassius - AC -1/3, HP 19/39
Fahima - AC 2/6, HP 30/31
Roan - AC 5/6, HP 24/49
Sai - AC -2/4, HP 15/30
Zan - AC 9, HP 18/18
Gormundel - down 24
Lt. Dan - down 22
Attachments
TotLK Gormundel.jpg
TotLK Gormundel.jpg (319.84 KiB) Viewed 117 times
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#507 Post by Rex »

Fahima

Fahima follows the wizard into the darkness, sword drawn and ready.

GreyWolfVT

#508 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roan decides not to walk into the potentially magical darkness and waits just outside of it his hand on his mace strapped to his belt. "Dan you know anythin' bout that there darkness he just walked inta?" he asks Lt. Dan.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#509 Post by gurusql »

Zan

Zan follows Fahima in.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#510 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai

Waits at the side. Not venturing into the darkness. He decides to string his bow and wait.

Be ready. This could be a double cross.

Ooc- Sai should be at 21 after the +6 healing.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#511 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius

"I think the time has passed for a double cross, Sai. But I guess being paranoid doesn't hurt in this situation." The Archer chuckles good-naturedly at his friend. "Although you might want to work on that when we get back to civilization."

He goes to sit at the desk. "Looks to me like a wizard's private spell area. Or so I've heard."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#512 Post by hedgeknight »

Greyhawk, 586 CY, Readying 21, Afternoon?
Continuing to totter along, Gormundel walks past the benches right up to the southern wall. Touches a couple of areas on the wall and another door slides open. Beyond, is complete darkness.
"Be right back," Gormundel says and walks into the darkness...
Following Gormundel into the pitch black room, Fahima and Zan quickly realize they can't see anything in here, not even themselves! Groping blindly, the pair are able to find each other, but that's about all.
"Oh, my apologies," Gormundel says, somewhere not too far ahead of them. He speaks a word and the darkness fades into light, revealing a 10x20 room. Near the back wall, the wizard is on his knees, rummaging around in what could be some type of invisible "space." It looks as if his arms are gone, but then you realize they are still attached when he pulls back and he has a large tome in his hands.
He stands up and turns to see the surprised looks on their faces. "My spellbook," he says with a grin.

Meanwhile, back in the wizard's private chambers, Roan asks Lt. Dan about the darkness, and before Dan can really answer, the darkness fades and the Dwarf sees Fahima and Zan and Gormundel bent down at the far wall.
Sai stands nearby, expecting a possible trap, stringing his bow just in case.
Cassius decides to make himself comfortable at the nice desk in Gormundel's room. His sharp Elvish eyes note an odd place on the otherwise polished wood of the desk and its drawers. The "place" looks like it has been rubbed or pressed many times.

Gormundel walks back through his laboratory and into his private chambers with a large tome in his arms. His face remains pale and he is sweating. He sits down on the edge of his bed and looks up at Sai. "This is my spellbook. Shall I open it for you? Do you have yours handy?"

Actions?

Stats:
Cassius - AC -1/3, HP 19/39
Fahima - AC 2/6, HP 30/31
Roan - AC 5/6, HP 24/49
Sai - AC -2/4, HP 21/30
Zan - AC 9, HP 18/18
Gormundel - down 24
Lt. Dan - down 22
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#513 Post by Rex »

Fahima

"I thought you were getting potions?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#514 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Cassius

He runs his fingers over the spot and curiosity gets the better of the elf. He gently pushes in on the spot, regretting his impulsiveness as he does.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#515 Post by Darklin2 »

Sai

Looks rather surprised but starts to dig in his pack.

Yes, I have mine right here. How about we close this place up and get everyone in here first and get this place locked down. I have several minor spells:

Burning Hands, Change Self, Charm Person, Color Spray, Copy, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Fist of Stone, Identify, Magic Missile, Mount, Read magic, Shocking Grasp, Sleep, Spider Climb, and Tenser's Floating Disc.

Blur, Continual Light, Invisibility, Knock, Melf's Acid Arrow, Mirror Image, Stinking Cloud, and Strength.

So I will allow you to access those that you want but you have to swear that you will remain loyal to the group and not try any double crosses.

GreyWolfVT

#516 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roan asks "What are ya about Gormundel? Though we was just comin' ere ta get potions, rest an healin'?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#517 Post by hedgeknight »

Rex wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:13 am Fahima "I thought you were getting potions?"

"Oh yes, we are child. Your companion, Sai, wished to see my spellbook. Here, follow me."

Gormundel leads Fahima and Zan back into his laboratory to an upright cabinet behind a long table of apparatus. He touches three spots in succession on the cabinet and it pops open. Inside is a trove of potions, vials, and containers. Gormundel picks six, handing them to Fahima and Zan.
Monsieur Rose wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 3:38 pm Cassius runs his fingers over the spot and curiosity gets the better of the elf. He gently pushes in on the spot, regretting his impulsiveness as he does.
The drawer pops and slides open a fraction; having gone this far, Cassius opens it the rest of the way. There are several sheets of parchment with writing on them. Most appear to be notes on spell research. The drawer also contains a small flask and a tin. A label on the tin reads, "Simply Sinful Sweets" and has a depiction of a full figured naked woman on it. She is voluptuous and painted red, with horns and a tail.

"What are you doing, sticky fingers?" Lt. Dan asks, watching Cassius closely, approaching the desk.

Before Cassius can reply, Gormundel returns to the room lugging a large tome. Fahima and Zan likewise have their hands full with glass vials.

Looking rather surprised, Sai begins to dig in his pack, pulling his large spellbook out as well. Gormundel's eyebrows perk up and his face breaks into a grin, one wizard to another sharing arcane secrets.

To make this go a little faster, here are spells and things to help your group:

Gormundel's Spellbook:

1st Level - Read Magic, Detect Magic, Erase, Identify, Spider Climb, Dancing Lights, Mending, Jump, Burning Hands
2nd Level - Continual Light, Stinking Cloud, Shatter, Magic Mouth, Levitate, Invisibility, Leomund's Trap, Detect Invisibility, Wizard Lock
3rd Level - Blink, Flame Arrow, Haste, Monster Summoning 1, Fly, Explosive Runes, Protection From Evil 10'
4th Level - Fire Trap, Charm Monster, Polymorph Other, Fire Shield, Confusion, Enchanted Weapon, Fire Charm

Potions:

Healing x 4, Extra-Healing x 2, Flying, Invisibility, Poison Antidote, Speak with Demons
Winter is coming...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#518 Post by Rex »

Fahima

"Can I take the invisibility potion?"

GreyWolfVT

#519 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roan shakes his head "Everyone always ignores tha dwarf in tha room." he finds a spot and takes a seat. He looks at Lt. Dan "So Dan what did yah do afore all this eh?" he decides to socialize with the only warrior left of the newly gained allies he kind of misses Bron, but he has taken a shine to Dan as well.

Return to “Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2e)”