Rider of Rohan

Re: Burzyn Bound

#221 Post by Rex »

I updated Algrim's inventory.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#222 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:00 pm I updated Algrim's inventory.
TY sir!

Algrim not much else on his agenda to do heads off to the tavern for some food and drink.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by shaidar »

Arngier will look to see if there are any weapons shops that stock shorkanas

After this his has nothing else planned so he is happy to head to where they plan to meet up and/or have some lunch with Murgar and Algrim while they wait.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by Rex »

You can pick up 1 or 2 shorkana at the weaponcrafter shop. The shorkana look to be good quality, but expensive. 60d, he has 1 available and can make you a second in a week (10 days) time.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Rex »

Everyone gathers at the Blue Horse Inn (#11) for dinner and to make plans. It is a large inn with a ostler attached (11 staff).

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by shaidar »

Arngier

Once everyone is together Arngeir casts tongues in an attempt to more clearly explain what he's been up to today:

Percentage: [1d100]=85

obviously not!

He keeps his voice low as he talks.

"Had productive day. Tanner wants 24 pennies to tan hide, but offered 120 pennies for it. Tanner also armourer, needs us to go in morning to talk what we want and measure us up. Went to Senserra of Weldur, usurer, to look at gold and silver from drake hoard. Offered 8 Khuzan crowns for silver bloodstone brooch and amber anklet, said would return in morning. Thinks gold coins are old but good, maybe 400 pennies each, but suggested find collector in Azadmere. Swapped worn silver pennies for good, minted, ones, 200 pennies."

200d divided amongst 5 is 40d each

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by Leitz »

Sir Gerolt of Selot

"Armor made of that hide is worth more than 120, just for status value. It is not something I need, but I would recommend the group keep it, and consider it well," Gerolt said. He pointed to a strong female with him and Eldura, and added quietly, "Ariel is a friend of mine, and will help us get light weight armor for Eldura. I promised her supper and a tale. Should we find a table away, so everyone else can talk?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir nods at Ariel

"Arngeir Orlygsson. Eldura been lucky so far with no armour, not get hurt, but needs some protection. Luck will run out one day."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#229 Post by Ahlmzhad »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:24 pm
Rex wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:00 pm I updated Algrim's inventory.
TY sir!

Algrim not much else on his agenda to do heads off to the tavern for some food and drink.
Murgar

Will congratulate his friend and join him heading to the Inn for something of real value.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by sastaz »

Eldura laughs. "I don't know about lucky. Well, okay, I guess. Remember though that Lady Luck protects me." She fiddles with a coin and flips in between her fingers. "Buuuuuuut I agree that if I'm to travel with this sorry bunch (smile added to point out obvious irony) I'm going to need some protection. And probably a crossbow. But I will say this again: the best way not to risk getting hurt is not to get caught in the first place." She looks sideways at Ariel, somewhat nervous. "Ehrm and by "getting caught" I obviously mean "getting into a fight".

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Rex »

Morning of the 4th of Nolus. Summer. Weather is cloudy. A deal?

Everyone gathers to break fast for the day and enjoys their morning meal before splitting up. Algrim and Volin go to find some fellow Dwarves and everyone else heads to the Hideworker to figure out the next step with the hide.

Arngeir Orlygsson: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 105, Uni Pen (0/0), Phy Pen (-4/-20), Move 6, Initiative: 98, Spc:
Algrim Tirion: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 39, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 16, Move 10, Initiative: 90, Spc:
Eldura/Turnip: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 41, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (0/0), SMP 17, Move 15, Initiative: 84, Spc:
Murgar: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 46, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (0/0), SMP 18, Move 14, Initiative: 80, Spc:
Gerolt: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 36, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-5/-25), SMP 0, Move 10, Initiative: 96, Spc:
Volin: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 46, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 0, Move 11, Initiative: 90, Spc:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by Rex »

Algrim and Volin

You heard rumor that Arvol of Quon the metalsmith keeps messages for dwarves passing through. You head down to his smithy (#13 on the map). Arvol is a huge, bear of a man that could easily be a dwarf if he didn't stand 6 feet tall. There are 4 other men working in the smithy as well.

When he sees you he stops what he is doing and comes over right away, "Master Khuzan, good to meet you. How may I be of service this fine day?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Rex »

Everyone else

Senserra

"Fine morning today. I have some estimates for you Arngeir." He reads off from a piece of slate with chalk writing on it.

Leather
Cap 12d
Cowl 24d
Vest 84d
Tunic 132d
Surcoat 156d
Leggings 132d
Shoes 18d
Calf Boots 48d
Knee Boots 57d
Gauntlets 12d

Kurbal
Halfhelm 15d
Breastplate only 45d (no back coverage)
Cuiriass 90d
Ailettes 15d
Rerebraces 22.5d
Coudes 7.5d
Vambraces 18.75d
Kneecops 11.25d
Greaves 37.5d (calf only)
Greaves, Long 48.75d (calf and knee)
Greaves, Full 60d (top of foot, calf, and knee)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir introduces everyone to Asada the master leatherworker, then focuses on Turnip.

"Master Asada, is Eldura. Looking for protection, but light. Eldura, a tunic and leggings, or a surcoat, would protect but not be heavy."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#235 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:32 am Algrim and Volin

You heard rumor that Arvol of Quon the metalsmith keeps messages for dwarves passing through. You head down to his smithy (#13 on the map). Arvol is a huge, bear of a man that could easily be a dwarf if he didn't stand 6 feet tall. There are 4 other men working in the smithy as well.

When he sees you he stops what he is doing and comes over right away, "Master Khuzan, good to meet you. How may I be of service this fine day?"
Algrim nods his head "Well met. Ya look ta be a kindred spirit ta us dwarves. Heard ya hold messages for our kind passin through. We just so happen ta be that."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by Rex »

Arvol of Quon

"That I do. I am Arvol of Quon, Master Metalsmith. I only have one message at the moment, what would your names be and I will check to see if it is for you."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by Leitz »

Sir Gerolt of Selot

Gerolt spent the evening with Ariel, and resolved if she can provide armor for Eldura, and possibly a couple of crossbows. In the AM he went to pay his respects at the church of Larani.

The drake hide will take a while to turn into armor, and Eldura needs some shortly.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by Rex »

Ariel

Unfortunately she can't help with the armor or crossbows, she only has the one set of armor and her crossbow with a couple of back up strings. She suggests talking to Marshal as you will be on a hunt with him and he might be able to lend you something from the armory.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by Leitz »

Is the marshall in Burzyn now?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by Rex »

Leitz wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:03 pm Is the marshall in Burzyn now?
The marshal is normally in Onden protecting the crown prince. I will go with 25% chance they are in Burzyn presently.

25% chance in Burzyn [1d100]=30

He is currently in Onden.

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”