OOC - Episode 5

SilverBen
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC - Episode 5

#21 Post by Rex »

I think you should get some extra info or something for the double 1's.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by sastaz »

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by SilverBen »

Rex wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:23 am I think you should get some extra info or something for the double 1's.

Ha! Yes, Rex, such as Thorily suddenly becomes "snake-eyed!" :lol:
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rex »

:lorcl:

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by sastaz »

How about a medal of honor, perhaps? MVP of today's game? Two 1s is like a homerun, or a triple double in basketball! :D

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by SilverBen »

Apologizing for the delay in my posts to move this along, the end of the school year has me torn in four cardinal directions across the map with four children. Please standby and thanks for your forbearance
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by SilverBen »

sastaz wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:36 am How about a medal of honor, perhaps? MVP of today's game? Two 1s is like a homerun, or a triple double in basketball! :D
:lol:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rex »

No problem, Children first, always.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by SilverBen »

Characters can enter through the front gate where the carriage path cuts through the topiary garden, or can follow Mudlark as she cases the orphanage for burglary later.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by SilverBen »

Darithe wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:56 pm Tove

Nodding to Vatn, she steps warily through the doorway, moving forward slowly, making sure the others can safely enter.
Tove must make a successful saving throw vs Dragon breath as a level 1 Fighter, 1d20 <= 15
Vatn must make a successful saving throw vs Dragon breath as a level 2 Cleric, 1d20 <= 16
if failed, Tove or Vatn continues sneezing and become incapacitated

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by SilverBen »

Cleric Saving Throw vs Dragon Breath.png
Cleric Saving Throw vs Dragon Breath.png (86.95 KiB) Viewed 388 times
Fighter Saving Throw vs Dragon Breath.png
Fighter Saving Throw vs Dragon Breath.png (114.56 KiB) Viewed 388 times

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by SilverBen »

... and that;s my last post before sunset on Friday. Sorry it was so late but many good things delayed me. Hoping all of you have similar delays for all the right reasons. I plan to be back online tomorrow evening to follow up on your reply posts.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rex »

Vatn

Save vs Breath (16) [1d20]=19

Vatn covers his mouth and nose with a bandage from his pouch.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by SilverBen »

Forgive me, I made a mistake in stating the rule but Rex was correct, both Vatn and Tove successfully save vs Dragon breath. No (negative) sneezing effect for Tove! I edited my earlier posts with the mistaken < sign rather than > sign in the rule.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by SilverBen »

Ok for round 4 and 5 Nesta, Thorily, and Thrainel can take action but undersrand the pungent fragrance could cause violent uncontrollable reactions of sneezing.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by SilverBen »

sastaz wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:02 pm Let's call the sneezing "a well timed diversion to direct attention away from Mudlark" :lol:
:lol:

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by SilverBen »

Monster Reactions.png
Monster Reactions.png (35.88 KiB) Viewed 366 times

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by SilverBen »

Giant Bees Monster.png
Giant Bees Monster.png (159.82 KiB) Viewed 366 times

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by SilverBen »

For this Combat Encounter: Giant bees in the topiary garden, I'll take the complete set of three rolls from any player or I'll make the rolls on Friday afternoon 6/16/2023
  1. Roll for # Monsters Appearing: 1d6
  2. Roll for Initiative: Party vs Monster
  3. Roll for Giant Bees Reaction: 2d6
Here's the uninterrupted post repeated without the spoilers... let me know if it requires more explanation...
SilverBen wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:58 am Turn 1 - Round 6
(Combat Encounter begins with 1d6Giant bees, also called "killer bees," are gathering pollen from the nearby flowers. These footlong giant bees can have nasty tempers. Giant bees always attack anyone within around 30' of their hive, which seems to be doubtfully around the same distance Tove and Vatn are located at the moment...

Rumors have it when a giant bee attack hits, the bee dies, but its possible to be killed from such a creature's sting The stinger will work its way into the victim, inflicting 1 point of damage per round, unless spends a round pulling it out in time, requiring a saving throw vs. poison or die in 1d4 hours ... abrupt and not for the faint hearted...

Can one of the players please make three rolls? 1)Roll 1d6 for number of giant bees appearing, 2) roll 1d6 initiative for the party vs 1d6 initiative for the bees to take action first. Finally, also please make a 3) reaction roll of 2d6 for the bees reaction...
Monster Reactions.png

You also may know something about giant bees if you can make a successful Knowledge roll, 1d20 <= your characters INT score, and how they make magical honey. If eaten, the honey of an entire hive (about two pints), may have effect like a half-strength potion of healing, curing 1d4 points of damage

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Rex »

I am visiting my Mom for her 88th birthday this weekend and will be off line. Back late Sunday or early Monday. Have a great weekend everyone!

Return to “Light of Lost Souls (BX)”