Action Thread 16

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 16

#61 Post by Alethan »

"ugh... yeah, I'm afraid we might have to check out that room more closely..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#62 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"ugh... yeah, I'm afraid we might have to check out that room more closely..."
Even Jeloon cringes at the task ahead; the mere thought of what she's facing even turns her stomach a bit. "Just remember," she says, "When me smell worse dan normal, it not be me fault."

She takes a deep breath, holds it, and slowly releases it.

Another deep breath, but this time she doesn't realease it as she quickly rushes back to the stinky room. Fighting to hold her breath as long as possible, she blasts into the room of stench, hoping to ascertain the situation as quickly as possible.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#63 Post by ToniXX »

Before following Jeloon, Bruard muses on Till's idea, then grabs two bottles and puts them in his sack. Ron, this is only dependent on if they seem to be properly stoppered. If it seems they are not, or may open easily, he will reassess this action.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 10:00 a

The bottles seem stoppered well, and as Till found out they break pretty easy. They are just very old and covered in dust. The corks once taken out will likley crumble to dust, but are otherwise serviceable.

Going, reluctantly back to the stinky room, you all now get a closer look as Jeloon rushes in to see what she can see.

The room is filled with rotting food. Some of the food covered in mold, most of it covered in maggots, flies buzzing everywhere. The smell stings the eyes, and the moist rot of the whole place (besides the watering of your eyes) makes the whole place an infravision nightmare. Jeloon rushing in gets a pretty good look at the place while she's holding her breath, which you all don't know as of yet.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (44.08 KiB) Viewed 1048 times
PM sent to Dave.

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van (left outside the tunnels)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 10:00 a

The bottles seem stoppered well, and as Till found out they break pretty easy. They are just very old and covered in dust. The corks once taken out will likley crumble to dust, but are otherwise serviceable.

Going, reluctantly back to the stinky room, you all now get a closer look as Jeloon rushes in to see what she can see.

The room is filled with rotting food. Some of the food covered in mold, most of it covered in maggots, flies buzzing everywhere. The smell stings the eyes, and the moist rot of the whole place (besides the watering of your eyes) makes the whole place an infravision nightmare. Jeloon rushing in gets a pretty good look at the place while she's holding her breath, which you all don't know as of yet.
Picture1.gif
PM sent to Dave.

WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van (left outside the tunnels)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#66 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon exits the room as quickly as possible. "Ahhh..." she exclaims, wiping perceived filth off of her, despite not having actually touched anything. "Ain't nuthin' in there 'cept rotten food and more rotten food. No other way out, either, unless it hidden under the filth. Me not check, though."

Continuing in her efforts to clean herself, she suggests the group backtrack and return to explore the room they previous passed (link), "Unless one of you want to swim under the filth."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#67 Post by Alethan »

"Nyah, let's save that as a last resort," replies Till.

"There's still some left to explore in the room with the dining utensils strewn about. And there's still the area with the water in it. Let's go check that out, first. Then the room with the dining utensils. Then?" he shakes his head, "I'm not sure."

Till heads to the path where they saw water and makes his way to the water's edge, looking for signs that the rats have come this way. He checks for tracks on the ground before they go down the tunnel, to see if that gives some indication.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by rredmond »

The floor is well traveled, and definitely by rats. The multitude of tracks definitely lead to the water room as well.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#69 Post by Alethan »

Till moves to the water room to examine it more fully.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#70 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon, excited to seemingly be back on track after noticing the rat tracks, is equally thankful to be leaving the room of stink in the past. She will follow behind Till, close enough to be able to aide quickly if needed, but not so close that she interferes with any advanced scouting.
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 10:02 a

I know that Mitch and Greg are both crazy busy right now, but I think we can safely move to the beginnings of the water room.

The party moves from the stench to a room that looks to be filled with water. You can see that there is an exit directly across from this entrance, and the trail then gets back above water level. The water sound as if it is dripping down from above, there are continuous drips from many areas above. Tills quick observations and careful investigation show that the passage dips pretty steeply and the water gets pretty quickly (right about when the passage enters the room) to at least 6 feet deep. Infravision isn't showing anything is in the room, but with the water and nooks and crannies of the walls of the cavern it's kinda hard to see it all.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (51.96 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
Let me know what else you are doing.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#72 Post by Alethan »

Till checks the water to see if it is disturbed or calm. Can he see any kind of temperature change that might indicate cold water has recently splashed up onto the opposite bank? How far is that distance?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#73 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:The water sound as if it is dripping down from above, there are continuous drips from many areas above.
Jeloon looks up and attempts to determine the source of the falling water. She then kneels and touches the water. "If rats can swim. Jeloon can swim.

What you think we do?"
she asks aloud.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#74 Post by Alethan »

"If they just came through here, then the ground on the other side should be wet..."

OOC just waiting to see what the DM says about Till's observation...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#75 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:OOC just waiting to see what the DM says about Till's observation...
Me, too, just kind of posting something in the new week.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Argennian »

Yosef maintains his vigilance in the rear guard position as Till and Jeloon see what they can see. Their group's inability to find the rats and Bruard not sensing anything with the magical helm has his elvish nerves ready to pop. He moves closer and turns to whisper to the others. "I am worried about leaving Van behind by himself. For all we know, those rats or their master might already be circling back around to the temple. He is a strong warrior but not sure how many foes he can fend off by himself..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by Alethan »

Yeah, I'm starting to agree with Yosef, myself. If we don't note any passage through the water, I say we head back up and regroup. Or, at least, start checking out the individual rooms. Maybe time for Yosef to start searching for secret passages. Or Bruard to activate one of the charges on his helm and quickly scan the rooms down below, once we've made sure they're safe...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 10:07 a

The water seems calm, except for the drips from above. The drips are irregular and come down from many different areas.
Now that you are looking close you can see that there are tracks to the water, and maybe water splashes at the other end, attuning your infravision that way. The tracks leading into the water do look like giant rat tracks.

HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#79 Post by Alethan »

"It looks like they did go this way. Let's go back and get Van. Then we can explore this side of the underground passage more thoroughly before crossing the water to check the other side."

Or... Till is open to other ideas.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#80 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"It looks like they did go this way. Let's go back and get Van. Then we can explore this side of the underground passage more thoroughly before crossing the water to check the other side."
Jeloon fight to conceal her impatience, remembering Yosef expressing concern more than once. "Van best not left 'lone forever," she agrees.

"But let's move," she continues. Without waiting, she turns to retrace their route and simply assumes the rest of the group will follow her.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”