Action Thread 16

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 16

#81 Post by Alethan »

Till hurries after her.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 10:27 a

We'll go a bit more without Mitch and Greg.

The way back is relatively quick and Van jumps as the four of you pop out of the hole. He heard you coming and was ready for anything.

All's quiet here, he says in response to your unasked question.

HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van (left outside the tunnels)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#83 Post by dmw71 »

Sensing the relief in Yosef at the discovery that Van is safe and well, Jeloon allows a moment to pass before urging a quick return. "Dem rats ain't gonna come to us," she states.

"You ready?" she asks, more rhetorically, as she does an about-face and begins to make progress back into the confines of the rat caves.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#84 Post by Alethan »

"Look... at this point, there's no use in rushing off after them. We'll just stumble into some trap they've set, I'm sure. Let's take our time, work through these rooms and make sure nothing is missed, and then cross the water. I think we should stop by the wine cellar and bring a few more of these here bottles of good, potent fire water with us. We could use the crowd control..."

Till starts heading down, then stops.

"Oh, we'll need a better light source now that Van is with us. He cain't see in the dark... Anyway, I say we start with that room on the left we first happened upon. It looked like it might be interesting when I peaked into it..."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#85 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"Look... at this point, there's no use in rushing off after them.
Jeloon grunts in frustration, cursing in orcish under her breath, but ultimately accepts that Till is correct.

"Me not very patient," she admits, "so maybe it best if you lead for now?" she says to Till.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#86 Post by Alethan »

Till smiles at his obviously impatient friend.

"We won't take long, Jeloon. We'll just give the rooms a quick sweep and make sure there isn't anything lurking in them that will bite us from behind, figuratively or literally..."

OOC: Does anyone have a torch for Van? Ahhh... guess I can take a quick look through inventory...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#87 Post by Alethan »

Alethan wrote: OOC: Does anyone have a torch for Van? Ahhh... guess I can take a quick look through inventory...
Hmmm... our light sources are pretty low. I think it's about time to pick up a flat rock and have Bruard use the scroll with the Continual Light spell on it and cast it onto the rock. Then we can stick it into Yosef's lantern and use that from now on.

Anyone think that is a bad idea?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#88 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:...Continual Light spell on it and cast it onto the rock...
I think continual light on an object is a great idea.
Alethan wrote:Then we can stick it into Yosef's lantern and use that from now on.
It's a hooded lantern, so no problems from me.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Argennian »

Yosef is relieved to see that Van is alright and has not been ambushed in their absence. As the party regroups and discusses plans moving forward, he takes off his backpack and retrieves his last torch. He reaches in his belt pouch for his flint and steel, preparing to light the torch when they get ready to move forward. "I agree we need to move forward more carefully from here out, lest we bypass unseen enemies or dangers, or step into a trap I suspect might already have been laid. A better search of each chamber could discover items or information that could be of value in our endeavors. I can also search for secret and concealed doors or areas as we go but I really feel that the time for Bruard to use the powers of the ancient, magical helm have now arrived. That is really the only way that we can be absolutely sure.
"I also agree with Till, in regards to gathering some more flammables if we can, and having a torch lit will ensure we have a ready ignition source. The use of a Continual Light spell, as described, would also be a good idea. Torches can be extinguished and if we utilize the hooded lantern, we would have a way to quickly hide the light, if needed,"
Yosef opines as he makes ready to strike his flint and steel and light the torch.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#90 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:"A better search of each chamber could discover items or information that could be of value in our endeavors. "
"Aye," nods Till, with a gleam in his eye. "Lootz. I bet the Rat King keeps it close to here, and not under any of the other sections. Let's search the rooms themselves first (well... maybe not the stinky room just yet) and then have Bruard put his helmet to good use to make sure we don't miss any secret passages or hiding holes."

"But let's hold off on the torch just now, Yosef. Instead, let Bruard cast his spell to the stone and we'll shutter it inside your lantern."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#91 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon prepares herself for a more deliberate progression. "Ready?" she asks.
-- Project --
-- DM --

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#92 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard looks around for a suitable stone upon which to cast continual light. Something smaller than a clenched fist... as long as it will fit within the hooded lantern. If he does find one, consider the spell cast. (I've already removed it from my char sheet)
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX wrote:Bruard looks around for a suitable stone upon which to cast continual light. Something smaller than a clenched fist... as long as it will fit within the hooded lantern. If he does find one, consider the spell cast. (I've already removed it from my char sheet)
Not a problem considering where you all are. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#94 Post by Alethan »

OK, then once that is done, Till will lead the party to the first room they came across - the one on the left. There, they'll bring light into the room then start examining it more closely...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 10:31 a

The Continual Light spell goes off no problem. The stone is placed inside Yosef's lantern.

The way back in seems much easier than before. Van seems happier to be back in the marching order (I put him in the back, let me know if he should be moved). You pass the first intersection where you were attacked and move quickly to the first room that you didn't explore. Coming to it's entrance, and shedding some light, you see that it looks like an extremely messy armory... with a lot of weapons that are rusted or broken. The high moisture level in the cave system has really contributed to the decay and rust. The weapons are not organized and are simply lying on the floor. There are spears, short swords, broad swords, arrows, bolts and some other miscellaneous weapons. What looks like a single dagger lies in a pool of mud in the center with only its pommel exposed.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (95.82 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
I haven't put you in the room, just at the entrance. Let me know what you want to do.

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-3/4

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#96 Post by Alethan »

With the better lighting, Till does a precursory examination of walls and ceiling to make sure nothing is living above. Then he looks down to the ground to determine if he can see any tracks going in or out of the room.

Does the dagger appear to be in good condition? Better than anything else? Worse? Completely unblemished?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#97 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Till does a precursory examination of walls and ceiling to make sure nothing is living above. Then he looks down to the ground to determine if he can see any tracks going in or out of the room.
Jeloon has no problem performing her own examination of the room over Till's head. She keeps watch out for any signs or sounds of movement amongst the array of weapons littering the floor.

"That dagger interest you?" Jeloon asks Till. "Me can check it out, if you want. Better than just standing in hallway."
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by rredmond »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:Till does a precursory examination of walls and ceiling to make sure nothing is living above. Then he looks down to the ground to determine if he can see any tracks going in or out of the room.
Jeloon has no problem performing her own examination of the room over Till's head. She keeps watch out for any signs or sounds of movement amongst the array of weapons littering the floor.

"That dagger interest you?" Jeloon asks Till. "Me can check it out, if you want. Better than just standing in hallway."
Nothing seems to be above or on the walls. The room is a muddy mess though. All the weapons you can see look terrible. The dagger is planted in the middle of a mud patch in the center of the room. Besides the dagger, this is the only "clean" spot (meaning no debris/weapons lay on the ground) in the hole place. That being said, it's a mud patch only about 4 or 5 feet across.
Alethan wrote:...
Does the dagger appear to be in good condition? Better than anything else? Worse? Completely unblemished?
Just the muddied pommel peeks up out of the mud, planted is probably a good word for it. Either it dropped there straight down, or someone thrust it down into the mud.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#99 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Either it dropped there straight down, or someone thrust it down into the mud.
Maybe it's a miniaturized Excalibur? The sword in the mud. Anyone?
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#100 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:

Till frowns as he stares at the dagger hilt.

"That... that doesn't look like a trap to you?"

OOC: Definitely intriguing. Not sure what it's all about, though. Maybe that's the handle to a chest where the rat king keeps his stuff... Maybe he was clearing stuff out of the hole while we were fighting rats. :|

Cautiously, Till steps into the room. He stops before the pit, looks around, grabs the longest spear/pole/broken weapon he can find, and prods at the mud from a safe distance with it.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”