Action Thread 16

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 16

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 9:33 a

Hmm, is this the third action thread spent on the "King"? :)

The rats head down the passageway and seem to veer south as there appears to be another intersection up ahead.
At least it appears to the three of you with infravision. Besides looking behind him at the light coming in from the openings, Bruard cannot see anything ahead of him but the glow of Jeloon's sword flashing arcs, and (as he emerges from the cramped tunnel) Till's short sword and dagger.
It's dark.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (35.12 KiB) Viewed 1554 times

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till (on ground); 2- Jeloon (on ground); 3- Bruard (opp side of wall) & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef (on wall); 5 - Van (on wall)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 16

#2 Post by Alethan »

If I may be so bold as to do an action for Bruard?

Bruard pulls down the crystal lenses on his magical helm, allowing himself the gift of infrared sight.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:If I may be so bold as to do an action for Bruard?

Bruard pulls down the crystal lenses on his magical helm, allowing himself the gift of infrared sight.
Hah! You know I forgot about that, and it's a really decent magical item too!
I'm sure Greg would be a'right with that. ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Argennian »

Yosef moves up to the others in the intersection and looks them over. "Was anyone else bit? I was again but do not feel any of the symptoms that I did before. Perhaps the ointment's properties are still in effect?" he queries softly as he watches the direction that the rats fled for any sign of them or the rat king.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:
Alethan wrote:If I may be so bold as to do an action for Bruard?

Hah! You know I forgot about that, and it's a really decent magical item too!
I'm sure Greg would be a'right with that. ;)
And you thought you had the one human in our group at your mercy... hahaha!

[We are] inVINcible!

(Which, we all know, is followed by the guy getting soaked in liquid nitrogen and freezing solid...)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#6 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:The rats, at this point, seem to rethink their strategy and retreat at full speed, down the tunnel leading east.
Alethan wrote:"Anyone injured badly? If not, we need to press the attack, I think. We just don't want to be wreckless and step blindly into some kind of trap..."
Jeloon suspects that she hears a discussion taking place behind her, but is already storming off down the tunnel after the rats. "Dats right, bring me to you leader," she mutters as she gives pursuit.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:(Which, we all know, is followed by the guy getting soaked in liquid nitrogen and freezing solid...)
... or someone looking at a basilisk :)

Good move on the helmet visor. I don't mind at all, but I figured you guys had the 'dark vision' thing covered.

Bruard moves cautiously ahead, his mace in hand, shield in the other.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#8 Post by Alethan »

Till follows Jeloon.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 9:35 a

\

As Yosef, keeping his voice down, asks everyone if they are okay, the half orc takes off down the corridor. Till with a "hey that's my move" shrug heads after her, with Bruard taking a more careful approach to heading down the passageway.

Yosef, for a brief second, has a WTF, SMH expression flutter through his elven face and continues on after them.

HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van (left outside the tunnels)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#10 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Till with a "hey that's my move" shrug heads after her...
Hey, Till can't have all the fun, right? Besides, "ladies" first. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by rredmond »

Choo got it! :)
As Jeloon heads down the passageway she sees that the more northern (practically straight passage) seems to open up, possibly into a room/cavern of some sort.

But those rats definitely went south. (I updated the Marching Order).
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (52.29 KiB) Viewed 1522 times

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#12 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:As Jeloon heads down the passageway she sees that the more northern (practically straight passage) seems to open up, possibly into a room/cavern of some sort.

But those rats definitely went south.
Jeloon will chase the certain rather than the uncertain and head south in rapid pursit of the escaping rats.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#13 Post by Alethan »

Till pauses long enough to look into the northeastern passage using his infravision to see if he spots anything that way. If he sees nothing, he hurries after Jeloon.

OOC: I have absolutely no problems at all with someone else taking the proverbial bull by the horns. Or rat by the tail, as the case may be. I do it out of necessity as much as excitement/fun. It is nice to not be in the back of the canoe every now and then...

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:It is nice to not be in the back of the canoe every now and then...
Says the halfling thief. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#15 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:It is nice to not be in the back of the canoe every now and then...
Seriously! It's no wonder I don't know what I'm doing half the time! Only one I MIGHT be able to see around is the elf. And that's only if he doesn't have one of those frilly winged helms on...
Attachments
Elven helmet.JPG
Elven helmet.JPG (35.47 KiB) Viewed 1516 times

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Argennian »

Yosef hurries along with the others, not wanting to miss his chance to be there when the Master of Rats gets what a comin!

OOC: Van is coming with us, right? Or are we leaving him back in the temple?? (FWIW, the minute we pass by another avenue of access to the temple, he could become trapped or ambushed. Just sayin...)
Alethan wrote:
dmw71 wrote:
Seriously! It's no wonder I don't know what I'm doing half the time! Only one I MIGHT be able to see around is the elf. And that's only if he doesn't have one of those frilly winged helms on...

OOC: Point of Order: Yosef is NOT frilly! By Corellon's Hand, man! AD&D is a serious game!! :lol:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 9:38 a

\

With everyone in pursuit of the rats, they are quick. Even quicker than you thought. They quickly disappear from the edges of Jeloon's infravision as she leads the charge.

Till slows a minute to peek toward the northerly passage. Yosef pointedly does not fix his long flowing hair back into a ponytail as he runs along with the party.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (95.8 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
PM to Al.

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van (left outside the tunnels)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#18 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:With everyone in pursuit of the rats, they are quick. Even quicker than you thought. They quickly disappear from the edges of Jeloon's infravision as she leads the charge.
Not really:
"You rat, bastards!" Jeloon curses.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

"Hey! Gotta... remember... to... check out... that last... room... when... we're done... with... the rats," Till manages to say between breaths as he runs after Jeloon.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Argennian »

Yosef looks to keep the pace behind Jeloon and Till, looking back from time to time to ensure that Bruard is still on his heels.

Although moving with the action, he will try to do his best to notate any changes in his physical condition and well-being due the giant rat bites and will sound off on that if he senses any of the previously troublesome conditions.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”