Out of Character Chat - Episode 1

SilverBen
SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

Out of Character Chat - Episode 1

#1 Post by SilverBen »

Please post out of character questions and comments here
Last edited by SilverBen on Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Closed
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Out of Character Chat - Episode 1

#2 Post by SilverBen »

Rex wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:06 am Vatn

Reaction roll [2d6]=8

2nd Reaction roll [2d6+1]=7+1=8
I included Vatn's reaction modifier this time, easy enough to subtract out if it isn't useful.
No worries, the result is the same regardless of the modifier. Thanks.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by SilverBen »

The Market is the place to begin looking to buy food, clothing, certain kinds of equipment and various other goods. Although this is not a specific list, have your character ask someone for guidance. And, if not found here, perhaps the Guilds District may be the next stop for more specific needs, or perhaps even the Arcane District?

More about the Market District, a large open space in the port city of Ravenglass. Its vendors offer goods from their wagons, carts, tables, tents, and blankets. During the morning hours, it is busiest and then empties out towards sunset. Only the largest carts and wagons remain padlocked and anchored in place when the shoppers depart.

Ravenglass has developed a growing fishing and shellfish industry, as well as a significant trade route, has recently been established as the primary economic resources to its residents. Its connection to the open sea is its greatest asset, where reclusive merfolk and other intelligent aquatic species can be uncommonly found.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by SilverBen »

I will be adding the Known NPCs for each of the characters late on Saturday night, March 18.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

If our action wasn't addressed, do you prefer we continue to wait, or act again?

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by SilverBen »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:06 pm If our action wasn't addressed, do you prefer we continue to wait, or act again?
Good question, and in this case let's wait but we may change that going forward if it slows down the pace. I was stalling for two reasons

1) I needed time to get Darithe's character sheet posted and familiar with it.
2) Your post earlier starting pursuit would require a separate thread.
OGRE MAGE wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:21 pm After the sudden explosion of action, Nesta tries to take in the bigger picture, joining neither side until some truth can be revealed.

If possible, he darts into the crowd in hot pursuit of the fleeing boy, doing what he can to keep one eye on the suspect.

If he cannot seem to keep up with his quarry, he attempts to find an area he can climb up onto to get a better vantage of the fleeing boys route.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by SilverBen »

redwarrior wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:39 pm Thrainel nods his agreement to Mudlark's comment about beating the weaker, thinking to himself that it is never the truly strong who feel the need to prove themselves like that. But he keeps that thought to himself. He scans the area where the altercation took place, looking for a discarded backpack.

not "searching", just looking - did we notice if the kid had a backpack as he was fleeing, either time?
Yes, the characters would have noticed the backpack. I didn't specify in the initial description but the backpack also wasn't the central focus of the post.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

Should we keep posting in the Ravenglass Market thread or wait for a new one?

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by SilverBen »

Rex, I'll close that thread and start a new one as soon as the party has decided a new goal.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

OK, thanks. I will post a suggestion for a new goal then.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by SilverBen »

Rex wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:02 pm Vatn

"I am more familiar with the docks, but it sounds like Mudlark knows the way."
Thanks all, looks like we have consensus and can close Episode 1. I'll make every effort to post a new episode tonight. If not, at least I'll have it planned to post tomorrow.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#12 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I am headed South to make our annual pilgrimage to Gary Con for the weekend.

I will likely be off the board till at least Monday, so please NPC Nesta if necessary in my stead.

Thanks!

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by SilverBen »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:08 pm I am headed South to make our annual pilgrimage to Gary Con for the weekend.

I will likely be off the board till at least Monday, so please NPC Nesta if necessary in my stead.

Thanks!
Monday, understood, thanks for the notice and enjoy!

Return to “Light of Lost Souls (BX)”