General Chatter

sulldawga
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: General Chatter

#341 Post by sulldawga »

If the party wants to discuss an attempt at diplomacy, I will hold on processing these first moves.

Vote on course of action. If diplomacy wins, I will discard these rolls and make a reaction to whatever new actions the party takes. If diplomacy fails, we'll stick with the initial combat rolls and keep moving.

For the record, if you stick with combat, the party has won initiative.

Actually, I would like to try something different this time. If we do go to combat, let's roll individual initiative. I'd like to see if things change if we do attacks in initiative order and not "first to post" order.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#342 Post by The_Wanderer »

Marullus wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:38 am An important point, though... do want to play that first-to-post wins? If Sleepy was really committed to negotiation, what's our procedure for pausing to talk OOC?
I've already edited my post once...how about we let this combat roll and then roleplay it in game? For sure combat is not a primary tool for Sleepy.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Marullus »

I am fine with that. I edited to add my initiative roll, too.

My question wasn't necessarily to reconsider in this fight. There's merit in individual action (Ciarra going off the hook and by doing so establishing she has a personal issue with Necromancers) and playing with a "yes, and" style where we build on and don't contradict previous posts makes pbp smoother.

But first-to'-post is an OOC factor and I wanted a discussion around the table in case there's feelings, and that we agree to a procedure if people want to.

I am interested to see the roleplay unfold after the fight about the rash action. ;)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Rex »

I am fine with the proposed solution. Do you want me to post an initiative roll? Or you can roll it if you want things to keep moving.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by sulldawga »

Looks like three votes for continuing with combat this time.

For the sake of keeping things moving, I will roll initiative this time but would prefer each PC roll for themselves next time.

I rolled initiative in alphabetical order, by bonus.
For the ones with +1 initiative, it was Ciarra, Gars, Sleepy, then Daravek and Lavin with 0.

https://orokos.com/roll/991836

Order is: Ciarra, Gars & Lavin, Sleepy & Daravek.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by Rex »

Perfect, thanks.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by sulldawga »

I need to do a better job of identifying everyone's location vis a vis the enemies at the beginning of combat. Let's assume from now on that the default, unless I indicate otherwise, is that you are not within melee range but can reach melee range with one Move turn.

Doesn't affect this combat, but I want to do a better job in the future. Remind me if I give you descriptions and don't tell you how far away you are from whoever you've encountered.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#348 Post by The_Wanderer »

sulldawga wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:21 am Looks like three votes for continuing with combat this time.

For the sake of keeping things moving, I will roll initiative this time but would prefer each PC roll for themselves next time.

I rolled initiative in alphabetical order, by bonus.
For the ones with +1 initiative, it was Ciarra, Gars, Sleepy, then Daravek and Lavin with 0.

https://orokos.com/roll/991836

Order is: Ciarra, Gars & Lavin, Sleepy & Daravek.
Initiative is rolled every round, right?

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#349 Post by The_Wanderer »

Marullus wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:38 pm I am fine with that. I edited to add my initiative roll, too.

My question wasn't necessarily to reconsider in this fight. There's merit in individual action (Ciarra going off the hook and by doing so establishing she has a personal issue with Necromancers) and playing with a "yes, and" style where we build on and don't contradict previous posts makes pbp smoother.

But first-to'-post is an OOC factor and I wanted a discussion around the table in case there's feelings, and that we agree to a procedure if people want to.

I am interested to see the roleplay unfold after the fight about the rash action. ;)
Yeah PBP is not easy in this regard. It can turn into a staring contest where we are all staring at our computers waiting for the other to go first and not realizing that somebody is just busy and not actually in the staring contest. As you've said - Ciarra hates Necromancer (a defensible life choice to be honest :D ) and Sleepy wants to talk first. I fully expect the next time there is a necromancer, it will still be some kind of social competition between the two but in other combats...? Who knows. We'll figure it out.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Rex »

She is a healer/warrior. About the opposite of a necromancer in my mind. She may not be so trigger happy in other situations. But anything involving the undead is going to draw her aggressive side.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by Marullus »

I love it. :) I want to hear what past necromancer trauma led to such a violent PTSD response...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Marullus »

hedonismbot wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:04 pm I like the idea that maybe it was Gar who brought the rumours or at least got Davarek to consider the option. This backbencher wizard Davarek sees Gars, all warlock-y and not constrained by the social mores of the traditional wizard hierarchy, and starts to get ideas. Possibly sings a Disney-style I Want song back in his meager cell before setting out into the great unknown.
Now that you've been put in-game, do you still want to do this idea? I am cool with it. (Not interacting with you first to ensure you have the choice to introduce this or not.)
Lavin has magic platemail (enc 1) and is offering war robes (ac 14, enc 3).
- Ciarra can put away one of her four weapons and put it on, going from Unarmored (AC 13) to AC 17.
Is Ciarra interested? If so, just do it IC.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by Rex »

If she wants to give up her dagger, she would just note it is not readied?

Then add the war robes to her equipment?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by Marullus »

Yeah. Add the War Robes as a Readied item and move the dagger to a Stowed item.

You can still use the dagger, it just takes an action to get it out.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by Rex »

Sheet updated, hopefully I have it right.

hedonismbot
Strider
Strider

#356 Post by hedonismbot »

Rex wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:18 am Ciarra

"Strangely met Daravek. Do you know what the necromancer was doing here? Or more accurately why he was making you dig here?"
I'll have to ask our good GM whether Daravek has an idea about the larger motive, I think? Apologies if I've missed it.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by Rex »

I don't think you missed anything, I am just trying to be in character.

hedonismbot
Strider
Strider

#358 Post by hedonismbot »

Makes sense, thanks! Still trying to get my feet under me in the game.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Marullus »

On a similar note, any assertions made about your character's integrity, bravery, or alcohol tolerance may or may not be true at your discretion. ;)

hedonismbot
Strider
Strider

#360 Post by hedonismbot »

Fantastic! I like Gars saying it.

Return to “Gateway to the West (Worlds without Number)”