Character Generation - Kumo Clan

jemmus
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Generation - Kumo Clan

#61 Post by jemmus »

Looking good. You have the option of adding 5 to the karumijutsu (jumping) skill as a Kumo clan bonus. But if you do, you have to lower the kenjutsu (sword) skill by 3. I suppose you could make the changes on the Character Sheet and it wouldn't affect the calculation factors on the Development Sheet.

The PC has a kyotetsu-shoge, but not the kusari-jutsu skill to use it.

The rules say that blowgun darts do no damage unless they're coated with poison. In this case, it would have to be Injected Poison. The table on p. 52 has the costs. Unit Points are Task Points divided by 1d3. (We don't need to worry about the mechanics of that right now, since you're buying things, not making them).

It seems like the gimmicks cost both Task Points and money.
Caltrops (Tetsu-blshl): Task Value: .1 each. Task Turn: 1 day.
Skills: Gimmickry. Weight: .05 each. Cost: 3 copper pieces each.

So 10 caltrops would be 1 Task Point and 30 copper pieces.

C.l. INJECTED DRUGS
1 Unit of injected Poison will coat 10 Fukiya (blowgun darts), 6 Tetsu-bishi (caltrops), 4 Shuriken or Arrowheads, 1 knife or Wakizashi, half the length of a Katana, or 1 yard of Cutwire. Once coated on the item to be envenomed, the material is assumed to remain in place until the first successful hit on a victim. The poison is then assumed to be washed
off. Immersion in water will not immediately remove most Injected Poisons, since they harden to a tacky film. Prolonged immersion, or washing in a solvent of hot water will
remove the venom.

p. 79
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Marullus »

Grognardsw wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:42 pm Here is my updated sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true

On archetype, I think I'm the assassin (a questionable tiger, maybe snake, perhaps a dog [mixed breed ;)]) . If so, should I boost those Attributes more? At the moment its spread somewhat evenly with some bumps in the first three.
I fixed up all the broken equations, cleaned up, and added the updates I put on the other sheets, too.
Shinobi Sakai Jinsei.xlsx
(63.27 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
On the question of attributes: I recommend you consider Deftness 25 and Speed 25, which was mentioned above from Ffilz' calculations....with your choice of quickdraw and also silent kill, you are really dependent on having good initiative, so that means you want the best Deftness. (I set this sheet to that so you can look at them side by side.) With those scores, you hit the threshold for three actions per round and you get the best initiative. If we add the rule that allows you to reposition, your speed makes you capable of a wide range of nimble maneuvers.

If you don't want that combination, you can just reset back to the original values (in the red box, not overwriting the equations). Normally, it is worth assigning in multiples of five because the Initial Skills divide by 5 and round down.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Grognardsw »

I’ve been traveling and will look at tomorrow evening, as I’m traveling. I’ll likely go with your numbers.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Grognardsw »

Thanks Marullus for the sheet. Though I'm unable to open it for some reason on my PC, I looked at it on my phone. I'll just go with that. Can you send me a link to it on Google?

I'll skip the caltrops, not having the Gimmick points for it.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by Marullus »

Shinobi Sakai Jinsei.xlsx

PM me your email and I can grant edit rights.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Marullus »

Grognardsw has access to his sheet and I think he's good? What's our next steps to begin?

:)

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by jemmus »

We need ffilz's PC to get started. He mentioned that he's been busy with taxes, etc. Frank, any ETA on when you might have your char ready? No pressure, of course. If we need to, we can start with the 3 PCs we have and yours can join later.
PCs

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#68 Post by ffilz »

jemmus wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:25 pm We need ffilz's PC to get started. He mentioned that he's been busy with taxes, etc. Frank, any ETA on when you might have your char ready? No pressure, of course. If we need to, we can start with the 3 PCs we have and yours can join later.
Hopefully by Thursday. Taxes are done. Busy weekend is behind me. But I do still have a couple more time sinks, but lets cross our fingers.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by jemmus »

Great, we'll hold off starting then.
PCs

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#70 Post by ffilz »

OK, I've adjusted my attributes a bit. Going with the less violence, I dropped STR to 8 to free up points but still be able to use the Bo.

Skill selections so far:

Practical Art: Forgery (might fit with other bits) or Tracking (as the smarts, he would have a decent tracking)
Replace Kenjutsu with Bojutsu
Atemi-Waza (for that lethal damage option)
Bugei: Karumijutsu and Shurikenjutsu (another lethal damage option)
Ninja Bugei:Fuki Bari Jutsu, Nawanuke Jutsu
Practical or Ninja Arts: Yosen, Hensu Jutsu

Sadly Theology is a Fine Art of which we don't get any :-(

Oh, are we starting Level 1 or Level 2?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by jemmus »

Interesting character! We're starting at Level 1.
PCs

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#72 Post by ffilz »

jemmus wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:00 pm Interesting character! We're starting at Level 1.
Oh, and I just saw the revised "additional starting stuff" list...

Additional Skill - assuming choose any - Theology

Though the additional 3 attribute points is tempting too...

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Marullus »

That's awesome stuff! I love it.
Marullus wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:28 pm
Rex wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:14 pm I have no idea how to host anything on Google drive.
I have it hosted here.
...so where did you put your updated sheet? :lol:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Rex »

Probably on my computer at home, I will look after work tonight.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by Rex »

I couldn't find it. I hate technology. I will take another look when I am fresh in the morning, but may need to start over.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by Marullus »

Sorry, that was just confusion on my part. Looks like all PCs are current and web-hosted. Check them out, though.
Last edited by Marullus on Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by ffilz »

I was hoping for advice on choosing Forgery or Tracking.

Still open to some tweaking on attributes, but I think I squeaked out decent mental attributes while also keeping the high speed.

Once I finalize, I need to choose my disguises and maybe there's a few other things to deal with. Also need to refresh myself on encumbrance. I won't be wearing much if any armor, but hopefully I can mostly avoid fights...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Rex »

I am going with Fuma for my Ninja's name.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by Marullus »

Rex wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:49 pm I am going with Fuma for my Ninja's name.
Post above edited. :)
ffilz wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:33 pm I was hoping for advice on choosing Forgery or Tracking.

Still open to some tweaking on attributes, but I think I squeaked out decent mental attributes while also keeping the high speed.

Once I finalize, I need to choose my disguises and maybe there's a few other things to deal with. Also need to refresh myself on encumbrance. I won't be wearing much if any armor, but hopefully I can mostly avoid fights...
Grognardsw is skilled in Tracking with BCS 5 (and Lockpicking BCS 8).
Rex is skilled in Forgery with BCS 11 (and Lockpicking BCS 7).
You're the only one skilled in Chemistry/Yogen. Tracking is all mental, so you'll have a better BCS at it, and it's a good skill to have two people test.

For attributes you're modestly smart (you've got your BCSs up to 7). You've mostly focused on Speed to get and keep that three action economy. You could take 10 points out of speed and still have two actions per round, moving the points to Will... that brings your mental-based stuff up from 7 to 9, and gives a +2 BCS to the majority of your other skills (which are based on Will but not Speed). But, you lose the 3 actions, so tough choice.
- I fixed the damage bonus equation on your sheet: it didn't account correctly for low scores. You have a +0 damage bonus (not a -1) and you can carry 16 pounds unencumbered. Your bo staff, ninja garb, and non-ninja garb totals 14lbs. If you carry 1 length of blowgun and 4 Shuriken, you are maxxed out.
- Your unarmed damage with Atemi-Waza (or otherwise) is only 1d3. You need a STR 11 to get 1d6. If you are keeping your STR at 8, I would consider jujutsu. (I put the initial BCS equation back in for both - delete the one you don't choose.)

I fixed the weapons sections on your sheet to use Atemi-Waza, Bo, Blowgun, and Shuriken, per your current choices.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by ffilz »

OK, I've done more attribute swizzling...

I got the STR up to 11 so I get 1d6 damage and have better carrying capacity.

I said goodbye to the Speed 3 but tried to keep Speed up decent so he still has a good Speed ST and BMA.

Small but nimble in body and mind...

I dunno if my Health is a bit low, but again, not expecting to be in the fights. Hope I roll well on the 1d6... (I'll roll once I'm finalized).

I have everything except the skills that are based on Deftness + Speed + Wit or Will to not missing another BCS by a point or two... A week of self improvement in each of Ninjitsu and Nawanuke-Jitsu would easily add another BCS to each of those...

Return to “Honor or Death (FGU Bushido)”