SilverBen
SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

Cast of Player Characters

#1 Post by SilverBen »

Nesta.jpg
Nesta.jpg (169.11 KiB) Viewed 584 times
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Cast of Characters

#2 Post by Rex »

Vatn and Noden
Cleric of Njord

Vatn
Vatn 1.jpg
Vatn 1.jpg (166.14 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Vatn 2.jpg
Vatn 2.jpg (105.75 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Noden
Nodens 1.jpg
Nodens 1.jpg (27.23 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Yatn's (Njord')s Holy Symbol
Njord Holy Symbol.jpg
Njord Holy Symbol.jpg (233.72 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Attachments
Nodens 2.jpg
Nodens 2.jpg (599.05 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Last edited by Rex on Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Darithe »

Tove Ulfhjarte
Tove.jpg
Tove.jpg (178.91 KiB) Viewed 677 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7nWfuwUoIg

"Arne, ástin mín, I was to be the first..," she spoke softly as she laid his cloak over his grave. After she found him, she had chosen this spot to lay him to rest. Underneath a great oak where songbirds sang and near a fast running brook which also made its own music. The sounds of the forest he had always loved. She had loved them too but now they were less sweet without him to share their beauty.

He was lying on his back, eyes open staring at the sky when she found him. How often she had found him so when she roused from her slumber beside him. But he did not see the sky above, nor her as she leaned over and kissed him one last time. With one gloved hand she shut those eyes, thinking the only happiness I ever knew had been reflected there.

He bore only one wound, an arrow stuck forth from his chest, the area around blackened from some foul poison. There were also several splotches of blood in the grass near where he lay. He had struck at least two of those who attacked him, yet no bodies were with him. They either still lived or their companions had carried them away. She searched for the tracks and at least six were visible to her in addition to the blood trail. They would not be hard to find. But she would not leave him for the crows to track the wolves that slew him. And so she picked him up and carried him to a better place. Though small she was not weak.

With the task done she swore an oath to his grave. By the moon and stars above, she would make those who did this pay. One stray tear ran down her cheek, but a dead leaf borne by the wind caressed her cheek, as he so often had done, and brushed the tear onto its dry brittle form carrying it away dancing in the wind. "Can your shade not allow me even one tear," she said softly, a smile upon her lips despite the sorrow she felt.

She returned to the tracks and thought there were too many, but she estimated she could take at least half of them if she caught them unawares. And after she fell to their attacks, well she would see his face again, this time not covered in the veil of death. Her father had once told her that truth lies on the lips of dying men. She began to carefully follow the trail to Ravenglass, for she sought truth....
Last edited by Darithe on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by SilverBen »

:o I'm really impressed with each player's character generation and eagerly looking forward to this game. Hopefully, it provides enough flexibility to give each player a chance for their character to shine and grow. Thanks all, you are all clearly seasoned players and its a pleasure to bring you together!

In full disclosure, pardon me as I learn the features and details of the Unseen Servant platform and asking for your collective guidance. I considered renaming this thread (to Character Generation or something similar or deleting it completely) and then reposting a new thread for the sole purpose of containing the character sheets in one place, a type of player character roster.

Need quick feedback from each player: Will that cause confusion or disruption?
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by SilverBen »

As an update, I was able to post Ogre Mage's character sheet for Nesta Silvatone in the first post of the Cast of Characters thread.

I will continue this as players provide their character sheet number, found on the character sheet between the [sheet ] tags. Hopefully, that is both useful and convenient. If not, we can adjust later.

I deleted the superfluous posts, leaving only the character sheets. All comments welcomed.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by SilverBen »

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Urson »

Mudlark the Thief
Mudlark.jpg
Mudlark.jpg (59.92 KiB) Viewed 594 times
FA FO

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by sastaz »

Thorily_small.png
Thorily_small.png (275.92 KiB) Viewed 568 times

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by redwarrior »

Yay!!! I can post!

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by SilverBen »

Urson wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:26 pm Mudlark the Thief
Mudlark.jpg
@Bob, increase Mudlark's Abillity Scores by three total points.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by SilverBen »

redwarrior wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:27 pm Yay!!! I can post!

@Vince, he's fearsome! Welcome aboard!

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by SilverBen »

sastaz wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:12 pm

Thorily_small.png
@Mattias, I like the character concept, but why such a low WIS score? We will be periodically rolling vs Ability Scores. That will carry a penalty, if you're comfortable with that as a concept. A reminder, if you are comfortable with a penalty for low WIS, you'll certainly receive additional XP or other more fitting benefits. Deal? Put it in the notes section of the character sheet with a heading such as "Additional XP earned..." or something similar. I'm planning to make one more public post before sunset in NYC on Friday

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by SilverBen »

Rex wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:57 am Cleric of Njord
@Rex, love the character concept - you may even consider role playing a bit of the religious groups you mentioned to me into the character - would love to see them adapted here for Vatn and Njord. (Did you and @Darithe realize the similar Norse flavor among your characters?) I wiII ask your forbearance on any narration but plan to give Vatn a number of story hooks you can choose from with the goal of finding the most opportunities for Additional XP as you have noted on the character sheet.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by SilverBen »

SilverBen wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:14 am
Nesta.jpg
@Rob, a similar comment to what I made on Rex's character earlier, love the character concept - I wiII ask your forbearance on any narration but plan to give Nesta a number of story hooks you can choose from with the goal of finding the most opportunities for Additional XP as you have noted on the character sheet. The magical items obsession is a great fit for two possible story hooks that are central to the plot I have loosely planned. I plan to make at least one public post before sunset in NYC on Friday.[/ooc]

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by SilverBen »

Ok, thanks

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by sastaz »

SilverBen wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:22 am @Mattias, I like the character concept, but why such a low WIS score? We will be periodically rolling vs Ability Scores. That will carry a penalty, if you're comfortable with that as a concept. A reminder, if you are comfortable with a penalty for low WIS, you'll certainly receive additional XP or other more fitting benefits. Deal? Put it in the notes section of the character sheet with a heading such as "Additional XP earned..." or something similar. I'm planning to make one more public post before sunset in NYC on Friday
Thanks! Well, I guess I have a bit of "free form indie role player" in me and thought that would spice things up. Her background and previous behaviour do indicate a quite reckless and impulsive person, so I thought the low WIS would mirror that. So if you are okay with that I'd love to keep it as it is and be more than grateful for any compensation it'd bring in game, be it bonus xp or something else. Playing an interesting character with a meaningful story arc is a reward in itself :) I mean if her low WIS and failed rolls lead to stupid decisions on her part, you could let that turn into plot hooks I guess.

Some other GMs of UnseenServant worked with giving "weak stat" characters some powerful item or ability as a compensation. But I'm fine either way, just want to see some meaningful play, nice dialogue and exciting action. I will add that note section for now though.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Urson »

Playing an interesting character with a meaningful story arc is a reward in itself
I couldn't have said it better!
FA FO

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by SilverBen »

@Mattias, please choose or randomly select the known NPCs in the Slums District of Ravenglass
1. Aubryl, a female fence who moves stolen goods for cheap and counterfeit goods at market price
2. Chamasto, a burly male who follows sailors into tavern and waits until they're drunk to provoke them into bloody fights.
3. Dalvarenzo, can help customers find practically anything on the black market for a price.
4. Farcolin, a dark skinned male sailor who was born on a boat and intends to die on one.
5. Fesseskel, loves to gamble with drunk sailors, leaving them without a coin to their name.
6. Ganavette, an orphan male (the boy chased through the Market in Episode 1) who searches the alleyways behind the taverns for blacked out sailors and then steals all their belongings.
7. Hildrgid, a female commoner who runs an orphanage that also doubles as a "recruitment" site for ships needing cabin boys
8. Hovmehode, male trying to avoid paying his debts by sneaking aboard the next ship heading out of port
9. Itidava, sells charms and casts spells for sailors who seek magical defenses against the sea’s dangers
10. Kedarra, an introverted young female who befriends cats and trains them to chase mice
11. Mazique, presents herself to be a mere gambler but is in reality a saboteur for hire, rumored to be responsible for several ships sinking within the past year.
12. Nebuck, a portly, destitute male who wanders from gambling den to gambling den he hasn't been thrown out of yet.
13. Rudovigo, a bloated male who distills incredibly potent liquor and sells it by the flask to thirsty crews
14. Saphina, a comely young female recently threatened by the local prostitutes who regard her as competition for their local patrons
15. Zenus, the male bouncer at the port city’s most popular brothel

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by sastaz »

SilverBen wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:58 am @Mattias, please choose or randomly select the known NPCs in the Slums District of Ravenglass
Sure! I rolled a whooping 10 for NPCs. Should I pick the entirety from this list? Meaning 10 out of your 15? Or do you/we want NPCs from other walks of life as well? It's the same to me :) They should either way be predominantly from the slums, for sure.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by SilverBen »

Yes, feel free to pick the 10 from the 15 best suited to the character background you'd like to play. Other player characters have resources in other districts of the city, based on their "home" district. I understand 10 seems like many but the idea is that some of them overlap with other player characters, some are within the same faction, others are in conflicting factions, etc.

Return to “Light of Lost Souls (BX)”