IC:2 A lost love

Leitz
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IC:2 A lost love

#41 Post by Leitz »

Kerecsen gleefully dove into the water, and began to swim. However, an unseen rock outcropping startled him, and his exclamation drove the air from his lungs. Louis saw the unusual air bubbles, and dove in to rescue his comrade. The two of them emerged in the cistern, Kerecsen coughing, sputtering, and trying to refill his lungs with blessed air.

Farid was not far behind, and made it through easily enough. He spoke to the terrified ladies.

Louis spends a Fate Point to help Kerecsen, Farid needs to roll Rapport vs a 2, and the decide if a Fate Point should be spent.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rex »

Farid

Rapport +2 [_4d6]=(2+6+2+1)=11
-1 1 -1 -1 +2 = 0

Fate point wont cut it.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Leitz »

Rex wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:11 am Farid

Rapport +2 [_4d6]=(2+6+2+1)=11
-1 1 -1 -1 +2 = 0

Fate point wont cut it.
A Fate Point would allow a reroll. However, that would leave you with fewer for the upcoming fight.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Leitz »

Farid had made it to the edge of the cistern, and saw the fear in the eyes of the women. His words shocked them more, and they turned towards the narrow stone stairwell. Louis was still helping Kerecsen to the edge of the cistnern.

And now let's talk about Zones. You can move one Zone and still act, or you can roll Athletics to move multiple zones as a part of your action. Read more here. The current zone status is:
Farid: At the edge of the cistern's floor, moving out of the water is a single zone
Louis and Kerecsen: Need to move to the edge of the water, which is one zone. Then another zone to get out of the water.
All of you: You could move to block the women, and give yourselves more time to talk, but because of the water in your clothing, that would be an extra Zone. So, two Zones of movement for Farid, three for Louis and Kerecsen.
Out of the water: Free
Out of the water and block the ladies: Athletics vs 2
To the edge, out of the water, and block the ladies: Athletics vs 4

If no one stops the ladies, they are going to scream and run up the stairs. Remember that your guns are wrapped up tightly, and it will take a minute to get them ready for use.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by jemmus »

Kerecsen silently nods his sincere appreciation to Louis. He does his characteristic pulling of his moustaches, then swims to the edge of the pool, as smoothly and quietly as hussar horseman who feels lost on foot, much less swimming in water, can.

Kerecsen will try to move two zones-- through and out of the water. I'm guessing that this option would be at Athletics 2(?)
Athletics 0 [1d6]=5[1d6]=1[1d6]=4[1d6]=2 +1-1+0-1 = -1. One zone only. Can he use one of his today's three Fate points to get out of the water and move to a second zone? (Sorry GM, it's been explained times before, but I'm not sure if PCs can spend Fate points on their own PC's outcomes. If they can't, Kerecsen will give Louis on of he Fate points to help with his mobility. We need as many hands ready and on deck as possible. If those ladies flee and alert, the whole fortress's crew will come down us. If that happens, not much hope of anything less than a complete League mission failure and a TPK... I think we've been adequately warned.... :)
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

Farid

Farid will attempt to move 2 zones and block the women.

Atheletics +1 [_4d6]=(1+2+5+2)=10
-1 -1 +1 -1, +1 = -1

No go. If I spend a Fate point on one of my Aspects can I re-roll?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by shaidar »

Louis

Seeing the ladies about to flee, he moves to intercept:

Athletics (+3): [_4d6]=(1+6+4+5)=16
-1 +1 +0 +1 = 1 +3 = 4

Louis makes easy work of navigating some large stalagmites and gets in front of the women.

He smiles and bows to the women, applying his courtly graces.

"Mademoiselles, ladies, please do not be alarmed. We mean you no harm. If fact, we are here to remove such knaves who would treat such beauty in such a terrible manner."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Leitz »

Rex wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:18 am No go. If I spend a Fate point on one of my Aspects can I re-roll?
Louis has the issue well in hand. However, you can spend a Fate Point to re-roll, or get a +2, at any time. Spending one on an Aspect tends to give you some other type of bonus.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Leitz »

The ladies retreated away from the stairwell (their action), and have not screamed yet. Think about what you need to do, and how you will begin doing it given the current situation. Go ahead and post, and we'll keep things moving forward.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rex »

Farid

Rapport +2 [_4d6]=(1+5+6+2)=14
-1 1 1 -1 +2 = 2

Farid tries to calm the ladies, "We are here to help ladies, may we be of assistance? I assure you, you are in no danger in fact you are safer than ever in our presence."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Leitz »

The ladies had initially gaped at a dripping Louis, and then giggled. Both shifted slightly, to get a better look at the noble fish who spoke nicely. Maybe a hint of tender skin was displayed as well, as they maneuvered just a little closer. Maybe an eyelash was batted once or twice.

When Farid came forward, into the light from the stairwell, the women recoiled in abject terror. "bestia" was the only word that could be picked up from their terrified mumbling.

Kerecsen was able to pull himself out of the dreadful water, but needed to remove his boots and properly drain them. What sort of man lives like a fish?

Things were at a standstill, until Kurstnen and Diego surfaced. Both moved carefully to the edge, and Diego helped the lady out of the water.

Then all heck broke loose. Farid was forgotten, and both women charged Diego and began hitting him with their fists and cursing loudly. The spoke Italian, but at such a rapid pace that only a native speaker could capture. Unsure what the issue was, Kurstnen took the pragmatic route and pushed both women into the water. They floundered for a moment before Diego was able to get them settled. He seemed confident in the water, and once they were near the edge they hugged and kissed him with enthusiasm.

Kurstnen dripped over to the group, and shrugged. "Best I can tell, they were taken from the whorehouse and are upset that Diego didn't come rescue them. Of course, they think I'm his lover, and so they are kissing him and trying to change his religion." She looked at Farid, and added. "They thought you were the Beast, the one here that abuses them. I think the boy is trying to tell them you're a blood enemy of the beast, but they seem overly intent on kissing right now. Let's get our weapons ready, and make sure the handguns can fire. He'll sort them out, and then we can make a plan with inside details."

- - -

Once your gear was prepared, Diego helped the ladies out of the water. They seemed a bit possessive of the boy, and he seemed a bit embarrassed about it. The women were not embarassed enough to stay in sopping wet clothing, however. Diego asked Louis to assist Claudia, and for Kerecsen to assist Angelica, as the beautiful ladies removed and wrung out their clothing. They certainly assisted their gentlemen helpers as well, one cannot go into battle looking like an overly used mop.

Diego pulled Farid and Kurstnen aside. "The Beast, the one who dresses like you," he nodded to Farid. "He and two other leaders stay drunk all night. My friends have to heat his bath water before he wakes, or they will be beaten. That means we have an hour before they are aware of something. There are only two gate guards, and the girls will lure them away and deal with them. The Beast has the key to the cells, and there are several men imprisoned there."

He turned to Kurstnen, and said quietly. "I don't know if your husband lives, but I will take the keys and free the prisoners. My blade skills are no match for his, but if I can help your husband, I will do so."

Diego mapped out the castle.

Imagine a block-ish rectangle, with the main gate on the east. The dungeon is on the south wall, under the stables. Most of the "buildings" are just rooms built out of the walls, and there are few doors left intact. The Beast, and the other two leaders are in the upper story of the north wall's "keep".

Diego suggests they move quickly to the Beast, and he will take the key and run to rescue the others while the group fights the three bad guys. The group will have the advantage of surprise, and you have a little bit of time to formulate a plan.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by jemmus »

Proud Kerecsen is a little humbled by his pathetic struggles with the water. But he's not one to mope for long. The story of the abuse the ladies' suffering incenses him, and he speaks of violence. He says to Louis and Farid (in Latin), I don't know that we can afford to be gentle with the guards. Should one are more perish along the way, they will do so doing their villainous duty serving their cur of a master.

Perhaps we could eliminate them while their masters sleep. Preferably by blade rather than pistol, to avoid the noise. And to save the lead for the lead for the head wretches themselves. I have two pistols, and plan to use them to put a ball into two men, at close range.
He looks off as if making a plan or picturing the future and twitches his moustaches, first the right one, then the left.
PCs

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by shaidar »

Louis

"Let the girls deal with guards while we deal with the real culprits."

He grins and races off down the corridor. Following the directions given by the serving girls he comes across a room lit by a few candles, burnt down to stubs. Glancing around he spies three men, snoring, asleep around the room on furs, surrounded by half comsumed food and drink.

Not stopping, he uses a chair to vault onto the large table and begins kicking the plates of half eaten food over them.

"Awake, monsieurs! It is time to face someone capable of defending themselves, you curs."

Holding a pistol in each hand he points them in their general direction, awaiting their response.

some rolls to back up his actions:
Athletics (+3): [_4d6]=(1+5+4+6)=16 - 1 +1 +0 +1 = 1 + 3 = 4

Fight (+4): [_4d6]=(2+5+1+6)=14 - 1 +1 - 1 +1 =0 + 4 = 4

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rex »

Farid

Farid moves to position himself to attack Ilyas bin Salih, "Hes mine."

Invoking "A Worthy Foes Should be Respected."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Leitz »

Rex wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:03 pm Invoking "A Worthy Foes Should be Respected."
The self Compel gives you a Fate Point, but you do need to roll Fight. :)

Does Louis want to self Compel "Sense of Honor"? And will he shoot if a bad guy charges?

What does Kerecsen do in the room?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by shaidar »

My plan was to let them get their sword so they can fight honourably, but if they betrayed that and attack some other way then he would shoot.

I paused that bit so the others could catch up, maybe I should have posted more. So I'll add a bit more to clarify his intent regarding the fight.

So I'd invoke "Sense of honour". I think it fits the above if you agree.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by shaidar »

Louis nods at Farid, then looks at the three men.

"Grab your swords and fight as men of honour."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rex »

Farid

I was compelling for when he does fight. Hopefully that makes sense.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Leitz »

Rex wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:46 pm Farid

I was compelling for when he does fight. Hopefully that makes sense.
The fight is on, go ahead and roll. I will do their rolls and narrate after you all roll.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by jemmus »

Former hussar Kerecsen, who has run down and sabered many fleeing men, is a little dubious about whether these lady-beating villains deserve an honorable fight. He faces his opponent and says in his somewhat slurry Italian, Defend yourself, knave, if you so chose. Cut down or shot through, this night is your last night above the sod. He draws his sabre, feints an backswing for an overhead cut, and lunges forward with the point aimed at the cur's heart.

Fight 3 [1d6]=3[1d6]=2[1d6]=6[1d6]=6 Net 1, +3. Succeeds with style? If so....

In a flash, the gaudy Hungarian steps forward, plants a boot on the man's chest, and quickly draws out his saber before the wretch's flesh can close around it and make it hard to withdraw. He whips the blade up past the left side of the man's head, circles it over it, and brings it down on the right side of his neck.

[1d6]=2[1d6]=4[1d6]=5[1d6]=1 Net -1, +3. A success? I thought I saw that we can make two attacks. If that's not right, please ignore this one.
PCs

Return to “The Absent Professor (Fate Core)”