OOC

Blackrazor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC

#21 Post by Blackrazor »

Fey friendship sounds very very cool indeed.

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by rremedio »

Blackrazor wrote:These location based elf powers can be a bit more powerful because they only work in specific areas - in wooded/vegetated areas and underground where roots can be found. In areas of dense contrustion, areas lacking proper vegetation, or areas deep underground these spells become ineffective.

Elves may have a suite of more mystical/ethereal/sorcerous spells when these fail, but maybe these would be more rare, esoteric, harder to learn or cast.

This is a take on the nature bond druid/forest like elf, opposed to the classic high magic gray elf.

If we decide not to go this route, I am content. I think it adds a bit of depth and some uniqueness to this set of elves. Not essential, but nifty in my humble opinion.
Yes, I agree. I'll rework the spell list with this in mind.

If someone wants to play the regular "by-the-book" Elf it will be allowed, but the character will be an outsider just entering the Rift (or other good excuse the player comes up, like the Elf being created by humans in the Mage Island).

For local Elves, there won't be the "Type" spell specialization and their spells cannot be learned by Magic Users or outsiders or even cast from scrolls by them (and vice-versa).

All mechanical rules for learning spells, spell books, scrolls, etc... remains the same for simplicity's sake.

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by rremedio »

And we have a new player. Welcome, GoblinTown!

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by rremedio »

Here is the reworked list for levels 1-3. Still WIP. I decided not to include Fey Pact (friendship) and Animal Companion as spells, but they will be class abilities acquired as the elf levels up.

1st Level Spells
Analize
Animal Friendship - charms a normal animal with the potential of having permanent effect
Camouflage - makes the elf "invisible" in the evironment
Detect Magic
Detect Poisonous Animals - detect poisonous animals near the elf
Elvish Missile - enhances a missile
Invisibility to Animals - makes to elf invisible to animals for a while
Faerie Lights - create multiple small lights that look like faeries
Plant Barrier - create a barrier of plants to protect the elf from attacks
Predict Weather
Read Languages
Read Magic
Sleep Touch - sleep spell with touch range
Ventriloquism

2nd Level Spells
Alarm - makes the caster aware of creatures entering a chosen area
Archersight - enhances the caster vision
Detect Evil
Detect Invisible
Entangle
ESP (R)
Locate
Nature’s Mercy - raises the effectiveness of healing herbs
Nature Communion - gets a simple answer from the environment spirits
Obscure
Poisonous Touch - enables the caster to absorb poison, suffering only minor effects for a while until it passes the poison to someone else, by touching the subject
Resist Cold
Speak With Animal
Spore Cloud - a cloud of spores with bad effects on the target

3rd level Spells
Call Liana - calls a group of lianas (if available) to raise the party to the crown of the trees
Clairvoyance
Dispel Magic
Infravision
Levitate
Locate Fey - locates the nearest fey or a particular fey in the area
Mass Entangle - creates a web of plants around the subject
Nature Of The Wild - gives the elf the high dexterity of the wild animals
Poisonous Wind - blows wind containing poisonous thorns agains the subject
Produce Fire
Resist Fire
Thorn Shower - a shower of strong thorns cast against the target
Warp Wood

GoblinTown
Strider
Strider

#25 Post by GoblinTown »

rremedio wrote:And we have a new player. Welcome, GoblinTown!
Thank you :mrgreen:

I am in the process of acclimating to Unseen Servant and this will be my 1st game in a very long time, so if I do something odd or am not doing something right, please shoot me a note and let me know.

As for the questions:
I have no problem with you doing all of the rolling if you wish, I know how waiting for die rolls can slow thing down quite a bit.

On list of stats vs rolling, I have no problem with either, but lean toward list of stats/stat buy so everyone starts out kind of on the same foot, but it's not something that bothers me either way.

As for the type of character I would like to play, I would prefer to take a dwarf but if the party desperately needed something else, I am pretty open.

I look forward to playing with everyone. :D

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by rremedio »

I also think that the listed stats are the better choice now. You want to play a Dwarf and Blackrazor wants to play an Elf. The listed stats will allow you to play the classes you want without the chance of bad rolls forcing you to chose another class.

I'll need some days to finish the work with the Gauntlin Elves details (including magic spells for levels 1-5). I'll be more busy than usual today and tomorrow, so I'll deal with this in the weekend, then we can start creating characters. Of course if you guys want to commence preparations, you can. The campaign id is 110.

My plan is to start the campaign in the Kleine village, in case this information helps you to create character backgrounds. Backgrounds are not a vital thing, but when they are present I try to create some hooks related to them over the campaign course, if applicable.

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by rremedio »

Hi guys. Sorry for not posting the new elvish rules yet. I just couldn't sit down and write the stuff. I'll be doing this and adding each spell level at a time to get things started more quickly. But probably not before Wednesday.

Blackrazor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Blackrazor »

No rush. Take your time. Do it right. I am patient.

GoblinTown
Strider
Strider

#29 Post by GoblinTown »

No rush on this end either. Take your time, I'm not going anywhere.

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by rremedio »

I've attached the Gauntlin Elf rules in the Special Classes thread. There are the first level spell description and the provisional spell lists for levels 2 and 3.

Blackrazor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Blackrazor »

The new elf looks good. Well done.

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by rremedio »

Thank you! I hope it works.

I've rolled the money for you guys. Still need to check with thirdkingdom and zebediah if they are still interested.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by zebediah »

Yes, still in but been having little time to connect over the last couple of days. I think I'll play a cleric.

Rremedio, are we going for the standard ability scores or are you rolling for us?

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by rremedio »

zebediah wrote:Yes, still in but been having little time to connect over the last couple of days. I think I'll play a cleric.

Rremedio, are we going for the standard ability scores or are you rolling for us?
The standard ones, so you guys can select any class you want and I don't need to change class requirements.

There's no rush, zebediah. I've been slow posting stuff here too and now there are holidays.

Griffith
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by Griffith »

I would like to be a Halfling.

I like this idea for stats:
rremedio wrote: In Darker Dungeons you get the scores 16 14 13 12 11 9 and you can place them between the abilities as you wish. You can also raise one of them (only one) by 2 by lowering all the others by 1.
If I get to choose:
Constitution: 16
Dexterity: 14
Charisma: 13
Intelligence: 12
Strength: 11
Wisdom: 9

:)

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by rremedio »

Griffith wrote:I would like to be a Halfling.

I like this idea for stats:
rremedio wrote: In Darker Dungeons you get the scores 16 14 13 12 11 9 and you can place them between the abilities as you wish. You can also raise one of them (only one) by 2 by lowering all the others by 1.
If I get to choose:
Constitution: 16
Dexterity: 14
Charisma: 13
Intelligence: 12
Strength: 11
Wisdom: 9

:)
Nice! Go ahead.

GoblinTown
Strider
Strider

#37 Post by GoblinTown »

I am currently working on my character and entering the information into the sheet. I have a question about saving throws.

In the book, it has "Rod/Staff/Spell" and "Magic Wands" as 2 of them, whereas on the character sheet, it lists, "Rod/Staff/Wand" and "Spell".

What would you like us to do in this case?

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by rremedio »

You can put your "Rod/Staff/Spell" value in the "Rod/Staff/Wand" field and the "Magic Wand" in the "Spell" field. I'll have a sheet with the correct names for reference to avoid confusion when making the rolls.

Blackrazor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by Blackrazor »

Need naming rules for Gauntlin Elves. The name I chose is a placeholder. What are common Gauntlin Elf names? Tolkien esque, ElfQuest esque, Germanic, Russian, Celtic, Sumerian?

Thanks

rremedio
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by rremedio »

Blackrazor wrote:Need naming rules for Gauntlin Elves. The name I chose is a placeholder. What are common Gauntlin Elf names? Tolkien esque, ElfQuest esque, Germanic, Russian, Celtic, Sumerian?

Thanks
I will post more on this later (with some info about the clans), I don't have the book or my files here. There's nothing about that in the setting book, specially for first names. Surnames usually are made of English words (not only for elves, but mostly) like Goldleaf, Springflower, Ironborn, etc...but that's not a rule. Noble elves usually have their clan name as surname (major clans are Silvercrest and Kahoki). What sounds good to you will do fine.

Return to “Darker Dungeons of Thunder Rift”