Ithril
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Return to the Catacombs

#761 Post by Rex »

Conweena

"We need to get moving. I will lead the way."

Editing a post does not send notifications. So, whenever I edit a post, I then post saying I edited my previous post, just so everyone gets notified.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#762 Post by ravenn4544 »

Pebble pulls himself up very much worse for wear. Glad to be alive.

Crig
Runner
Runner

#763 Post by Crig »

Dorath packs away his wand, grateful for its assistance. He follows Conweena keeping a watchful eye as they rush through the hallways.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#764 Post by gurusql »

Traesta

Sorry for my confusion in the previous post.

When Traesta is able to move she will check people for injuries, she has two cure spells that she wants to use now on the most wounded and save one till we get back to camp.

sunphoenix
Guide
Guide

#765 Post by sunphoenix »

Harker slowly comes back to consciousness... he's lost a lot of blood...

He shakes his head, "I do not think we can get back to the tower before actual nightfall... so we might as well be thorough..."

He stands picks up his Bastard sword and moves to the ghastly corpses.. once again... Then sets his attention to a grizzly task as he systematically dismembers Each of the corpses... heads, shoulders, hips, waist, elbow, knees, wrists, ankles and tails the tails in no less than two places! Hacking Each of the corpses into a pile of parts!

With an inner light of righteous fury his eyes burn with determination ~ "As Paldon is MY Witness.. these SHALL NEVER rise whole to menace us Again!!!"

He kicks the dismembered parts into a pile and empties an entire flask of oil upon them and lights them with the wick from his lantern.

"NOW...we can retreat to the tower!"
"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#766 Post by Ithril »

I need a 1d10 from Pebble please Ravenn4544

For an accounting of who is wounded, and how badly;
Conweena has 4 points of damage
Lannas has 7 points of damage
Pebble has 4 points of damage
Traesta has 3 points of damage
Harker had 14 points of damage, but the potion healed him for 10 points, and Traesta healed him for the remaining 4 points.

As the individuals of the group recover, Dorath and Lannas see to their wounds as well as they can, which isn't much at all. Igber is curious, however, and goes to investigate the two motionless fish monster things. He approaches as the other two busy themselves, not noticing what he does.

With a hushed but excited shout, he brings your attention to the two figures. One stands where it stood behind Harker still, and the other menaces the room from the doorway. Both have been turned to a porous chalky limestone like substance, exactly like the other statues you found in the wizards chamber.

Traesta heals Lannas (roll for hp restored), and Conweena uses her skills to bind the wounds of everyone else until they can be more thoroughly evaluated in the tower.

While Harker finishes attempting a makeshift cremation of the remaining fish creature corpses, Traesta and Conweena do what they can to clear the passage of the statue of the frozen creature that blocks it, taking little care in pulverizing the soft stone.

Harker's burnings however do not go as well as hoped. The fish creatures may be dead, but they are still the corpse of beings that live mostly in the water. Encouraged by the lamp oil though, a dark smouldering fire starts filling the room with a smothering sooty reek. You begin your retreat to the tower to escape the smog. The stairs lay about 60 feet down the passage, and the door to the tower is not far beyond that

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#767 Post by ravenn4544 »

Pebble

[1d10]=2

sunphoenix
Guide
Guide

#768 Post by sunphoenix »

Fully Healed.. Harker will lead the party the last 60'ft to safety... but wary all the same for danger shield and sword at the ready...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#769 Post by Rex »

Conweena

Conweena falls in behind Harker, axe at the ready.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#770 Post by gurusql »

Traesta

Traesta binds the wounds of Lannas, and hopefully heals him all way.

Cure Light Wounds :[1d6+3]=5+3=8

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#771 Post by Ithril »

With the even worse potentiality of undead fish-men behind you in the room with the mask, you reach the stairs, and feel relief that the relative safety of the tower is within reach. Igber and Lannas begin a casual conversation ... something about life on the sea, when Igber realizes you are no longer alone.

surprise rolls for Igber & Lannas (3 or less = surprised) [_2d10]=(9/8)

Initiative rolls for Igber & Lannas [_2d10]=(7+10) 13/15

Initiative rolls for skeletons [_3d10]=(8+10+2)11/13/5

Attack roll for Igber & Lannas [_2d20]=(16+13) (Both Hit)

Skeleton attack rolls (two each: 3/4/6) [_6d20]=(16+7+17+9+10+15

Just as Harker begins to feel the hairs rise on his neck, Igber sounds the alarm "Ware the dead!" and he sends a stone into the darkness just above Pebble's head; which strikes the skeleton as it claws at Pebble. Reacting as swiftly as he can, Pebble turns to guard the flank behind, but he is surprised that they have snuck so close, and he is rewarded with the bad end of the skeletons bony clawed hands for his lack of attention

Damage to Pebble (1d4 each) [_2d4]=(3+3)=6 (10 damage total)

Igber Damage to Skeleton #6 [1d4]=3

Lannas Damage to Skeleton #3 (scores half damage) [1d6+2]=3+2=5 Adjusted equals 2 points.

Damage to Lannas (1d4) [2d4]=3

Please announce intentions, roll for initiative and if necessary, your attack rolls. Please note, you're in a 10 ft hall stairway. The ceiling is about 15 ft above you at any point of the stairwell. Igber, Lannas and Pebble are closest to the opponants, and aside from missile weapons, direct melee attacks will be impossible for characters higher in the stairway.
02-22.jpg
02-22.jpg (78.05 KiB) Viewed 170 times

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#772 Post by Rex »

Conweena

Conweena will move down through the group, sliding by/past those between her and the skeletons.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#773 Post by gurusql »

Traesta

Traesta will boldly say while presenting her holy symbol, "Beleg Paldon, mín nall- bo cin! Sui i aen -o i anor a cuil - cast awaui hin dúr creatures."
Great Paldon, we call on you! As the god of the sun and life - cast away these dark creatures.
Init: [1d10]=10
Random d20: [1d20]=20

sunphoenix
Guide
Guide

#774 Post by sunphoenix »

Harker will turn and switch weapons from his silvered bastard sword to his Horseman's Flail... but will wait to see the effect of Treasta's invoked holy power...
In the meantime he opens fully the shutters of his lantern to illuminate the hallways and keeps an eye on the front of the party should this rear attack be merely a cleaver distraction from more foes inbound...

Initiative [1d10]=3

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#775 Post by ravenn4544 »

I think pebble is at zero hit points after that hit.

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#776 Post by Ithril »

ravenn4544 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:37 pm I think pebble is at zero hit points after that hit.

I have you at 14 full health, so currently at 4 hp. Fight on ! (or retreat and take one of those potions you found)

edit : moved the ooc to include all the post & added a missing 'e'.
Last edited by Ithril on Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#777 Post by ravenn4544 »

Pebble reacts the best - and only - way he knows how. He attacks!

Init [1d10]=6

Longsword Attack [1d20+1]=15+1=16

Long sword damage [1d12+2]=9+2=11

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#778 Post by Ithril »

Initiative rolls for Igber & Lannas [_2d10]=(3+10 3+6=9/10+5=15

attack rolls for Igber & Lannas [_2d20]=(7+14

Initaitive rolls for skeletons [_3d10]=(1+1+5) +3= 4/4/8

Skeleton attack rolls (two each: 3/4/6) [_6d20]=(9+16+12+11+5+4

(Lannas Hit, Pebble Hit)
Damage to Lannas & Pebble (1d4) [_2d4]=(4+1

While Harker sets guard against any possible foes coming from his direction, he is helpless to aid the others farther down the stairwell. Conweena begins to work her way towards the action while Dorath moves up to join Harker.

The skeletons continue to claw at Pebble and Lannas, catching each with a clawed hand once. Fortunately it is only a scratch for Pebble, but the skeleton combating Lannas is able to reopen his previous wounds. (4 points to Lannas, and 1 to Pebble) The third skeleton is unable to add any further insult.

Igber looses another stone, but it strikes only the darkness.

Pebble returns a powerful blow against the skeleton harassing him, shattering several ribs. The blow is too much for the osseous threat; it loses balance and falls back, shattering on the hard stone stair. The third steps in to take it's place.

Lannas is also able to strike his opponent a strong blow, and it too finds a quick route to the bottom of the steps in many broken pieces.

Lannas Damage to Skeleton #3 (scores half damage) [1d6+2]=6+2 = 8/2 = 4

The final skeleton is convinced by Traesta invoking of Paldon to flee as well, and it escapes to the bottom of the stairs, and into the darkness beyond without any resistance.

With no further threats or resistance, you make the tower shortly before dusk. Ebru's deep crimson orb has fully departed Ellu, and prepares for his time of dominance as Ellu (the sun), now also red sinks to the horizon in the Wenzt. Lúnya (the moon), in the Erizt has not woken from her slumber yet, and likely won't for another hour or so.
Last edited by Ithril on Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#779 Post by Rex »

Conweena

"I will take middle watch." She settles in to get some much needed rest.

sunphoenix
Guide
Guide

#780 Post by sunphoenix »

Harker nods in acceptance of Coweena's settling in to rest, "I will take 1st Watch."

Though he hardly looks up to it... he is stoic in her grim determination...

Return to “Dooms of Evisath (2e)”