Intermediate Dungeon Training

OGRE MAGE
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Intermediate Dungeon Training

#201 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes immediately begins to back away rapidly. "Chauncey, you're beginning to upset Mr. Wrenly. It's better that you stay over there until we've worked out what's going on."

He reaches backwards to grab the vine lasso from the side of his pack, trying not to make it too obvious. "Why don't you tell one of the others?" Wes flails his other arm, hoping to direct Chauncey's attention elsewhere.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#202 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Not sure what is happening here with only two players posting in the last week.

Dungeon Training
Fake Treasure Room

Chauncey has a look of fear cross his face momentarily, which quickly turns to one of sly confidence again. The mage steps towards Grimm next.

"If you will each just let me tell you what I know, I'm sure this little misunderstanding will become much clearer for you."

He attempts to speak into the dwarfs ear next, no longer listening to the accusations laid out by his friends.

Actions?

Amun (F3) AC:2 17/33
Crabbe Luther AC:4 15/30
Chauncey (MU5) AC:3 30/30 RM, CL, DM 1/4 1st 1/2 2nd 1/1 3rd
Elnaerel (C4) AC:3 19/30 0/5 1st 4/4 2nd
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 3/6 1st 3/5 2nd 2/3 3rd 1/1 4th PfF:0 Bullseye Lantern (SWA:11)
Grimm AC:5 20/20

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#203 Post by sastaz »

Amun holds her sword out between Grimm and Chauncey, separating them.

"Hold on, one more question. If Darklin and The Knife are still alive, does that mean Seltjuk is alive as well?"

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm being the mistrustful dwarf that he is, doesn't like this situation and steps back as the mage tries to speak to his ear. "What are you doing, you don't need to speak to me like that. If you have anything to say, say it to all of us!" He might have pushed the mage back if it wasn't for Amun's intervention.

Elnaerel gets close to Chauncey and casts hold person on him.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes also tries to incapacitate Chauncey by catching him in his lasso. Unfortunately his aim is impeded by having a monkey sitting on his head.

Snare / Lasso [1d20]=3

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by Urson »

Luther
Luther moves around to try and get behind Chauncey, with an eye toward grappling him.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've had a bad case of weird life this week, so I've been tired a lot.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by sastaz »

Been sick over here, sorry should have shouted out in OOC channel, but missed it due to being too tired.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#208 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dungeon Training
Fake Treasure Room

Chauncey seems confused initially by the lack of interest in hearing his secret. With a nimbleness the mage doesn't normally possess, he instantly becomes aware of his surroundings as soon as he sees and hears the escalating aggression.

With Luther moving in closer, Wes's vine flying at him, followed by the magical utterings of Elnaerel, Chauncey allows himself to fall backwards, into the hole in the floor. Without grabbing the pole to slow his descent, the mage is suddenly falling through the air back into the darkness below, before anyone can get a hand or a spell cast upon him.

When light is directed below, there is no longer any sight of the man, though there was no splatting noise or shouts of pain from the normally apprehensive wizard. The area below is simply empty, with no sign that Chauncey was ever really there to begin with.

Actions?

Amun (F3) AC:2 17/33
Crabbe Luther AC:4 15/30
Chauncey (MU5) AC:3 30/30 RM, CL, DM 1/4 1st 1/2 2nd 1/1 3rd
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 3/6 1st 3/5 2nd 2/3 3rd 1/1 4th PfF:0 Bullseye Lantern (SWA:10)

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by Urson »

Luther
Luther growls. Big trouble down there. I say we go two at a time, if we go at all.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes gathers his lasso. Then he cocks his head to speak to the monkey perched on his shoulder. "Mr. Wrenly, can you still detect Not-Chauncey's thoughts? You don't need to connect to them. Is he still nearby?"

With the lasso gathered, he offers it to Grimm. "Would you like this? I think you've a better eye for a shot than I do. Obad-Hai's blessing is on it. It's a Snare, just like the one that caught the troll when we fought the lizards. Once it catches prey, it's hard to escape".

Wes nods at Luther's comment. "You're right. Here, let me heal you and Amun".

Luther:
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=6

Amun:
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=3

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm looks at the lasso when it's handed by the druid and nods. He gives it a try, hoping he'll get Not-Chauncey with it in the darkness.

Hard Skill Check: [4d6]=13
Very Hard Skill Check: [5d6]=17 vs 16DEX

Elnaerel waits.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by sastaz »

Amun, feeling slighty strenthened by the healing provided by Wes, straightens her back saying:

"We should go down together. I can go first, if you all follow along immediately after me, if I'm attacked? This ghost, or twin of Chauncey seem like it can get hurt by normal weapons, otherwise it would not have fled."

If the others agree, she will go down first on a count of three.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#213 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dungeon Training
Fake Treasure Room

Before anyone does anything, Wes takes a few minutes to talk to Mr. Wrenly and heal two of his friends. The monkey seems extremely agitated. "I think...... The connection is lost. Yes. I no longer have any idea where my big doofus is. What happens now?"

Wes hands his magic vine to Grimm, who then tosses it directly into the darkness below.

Amun makes a sensible observation about why the fake Chauncey would have fled, agreeing to go down first if the others will follow.

Once all this time has passed, looking down into the hole again reveals only cold darkness. There is no longer any sign or sound of someone remaining below.

Actions?

Amun (F3) AC:2 20/33
Crabbe Luther AC:4 21/30
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 3/6 1st 3/5 2nd 2/3 3rd 1/1 4th PfF:0 Bullseye Lantern (SWA:9)

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#214 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"We'll go down and look for him. He's got to be there somewhere" Wes tells Mr. Wrenly.

"I'll go down after you", he replies to Amun. "We should keep at least one rope hanging down so we can get up fast if we need to. I don't trust that pole" Wes looks over at the three doors across the room. "Can anyone drive a spike in one of those to hold a rope?"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#215 Post by sastaz »

Amun shrugs.

"Okay I see your point. Live to fight another day is sometimes wise. But as it seems, we have no way back - our only way is through...whatever that is down there. I think we go down and face our destiny, together. You all saw what happened to our friends that went alone. Besides, I do not possess any spikes."

Amun is still willing to go down first in an orderly fashion.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm

"I'll do it." The dwarf brings out his spike, rope and hammer and gets everything ready.

Spike and rope removed from inventory.

"I'll come after you, Wes."

Elnaerel

"And I'll come after you, Grimm." She looks at Luther. "I wonder if any of us should remain here for a couple minutes Judy in case? Luther, how good do you think you can climb down with a pole or even wise a rope with the pincers?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by Urson »

Luther
Luther seems to shrug. No guess. Use the pole. Luther will be last down, and will grip the pole as best he can with his claws. (insert grinding sound of metal against claws, possibly with metal chips..)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#218 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Dungeon Training
Fake Treasure Room

The party sets up ropes and agrees to go down into the darkness below as one cohesive group.

Once they get below, they find the dark room much as it was. Besides the pole, and the hole in the ceiling above it, there is nothing left to discover.

Three walls of this stone room look normal, while the last wall, where Chauncey was recently seen speaking with Darklin, is replaced by the same chilling, unsettling darkness. If there is anything to find beyond this evil feeling black void, it will need to be entered to make any further investigations. :?

Mr. Wrenly hops about, becoming more and more agitated by this sudden change of events. The upset monkey doesn't go anywhere near the cold void.

Actions?

Amun (F3) AC:2 20/33
Crabbe Luther AC:4 21/30
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 3/6 1st 3/5 2nd 2/3 3rd 1/1 4th PfF:0 Bullseye Lantern (SWA:8)

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#219 Post by sastaz »

Amun

"This is a test of strength. Of courage. As a proud member of my tribe I volunteer to go inside first."

She lifts her arms.

"Here, tie a rope around my waist. If I don't come back within the count of a hundred, pull me back. Okay? My youngest sister's name was Ezra. Ask me that when I come back. If I cannot answer then I'm a demon, or possessed by one."

If no one objects she will draw her sword, once secured by the rope, and start walking into the darkness.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes helps to tie the rope around Amun's waist. "Very well. We'll wait for you to come back.
Don't try to be too brave."
He watches her go.

"Don't worry Mr. Wrenly. I'm not going in there. At least, not yet. We'll wait for Amun to come back." Wes tries to comfort the little monkey.

Addressing the three remaining companions, Wes then confides: "I know that I said I would follow behind Amun. But if there's some kind of Charm magic at work here, that might not be a good idea. My most powerful of Obad-Hai's blessings is strong enough to break a charm, but I can only use it once. Its probably the only way to help Chauncey or maybe even Amun".

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”