Activation Station II, The Cold Basement

OGRE MAGE
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Activation Station II, The Cold Basement

#381 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"Now that we have the full group back together I think it best that we share knowledge and see what we can do in the situation. Our group went down the cold stairwell and we found what was described by the inhabitant (the 8' tall near-naked man dressed in gold that asked to be called 'Your Excellence') that there was what I suspect is a connection to the negative material plane in the form of a pit to the plane. In addition, there was a very cold "well" that we did not have the time to check out (other than Yrias being forced to place his face there in). We found the location to place to the stones and there was a golden throne in the room as well. Darklin decided to say with him.

The gold man used both Darkness, Charm and Domination powers at will and kept us from casting any spells in his presence.

After returning we exited this area and found stairs that lead down from the plateau. In the base we found a small entrance that had a shelf inside that said "NO MERE TRINKET SHALL PROVIDE SAFE PASSAGE THROUGH THE STONE". Several "trinkets" like a waterskin and a single gold coin were placed on the shelf and it transported us back to this room."

Wake hopes that someone else will summarize the other two locations.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#382 Post by kruk »

Cresty

The fighter comes forth and announces to the group in an authoritative voice: I confronted a weapons dealer in a market area who tried to send us to be slaughtered by some kind of tentacled beast. He, in response, pulled out a metallic wand and zapped me with a prolonged painful electrical charge, which, among other things, caused me to defecate into my under armor garments. He adds nothing more as he moves back to let others speak.

Lerrick

The cleric, like she's done many times before when the fighter finishes speaking, rolls her eyes and sighs.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by Quonundrum »

Aliendron

"Mr. Cresty's recollection is generally accurate, although a bit ... embellished. There is indeed a pub beyond the central door. Much more, actually. We must go back and warn them. This side is now extremely dangerous ..."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"The path we took was full of tricks and traps," relates Wes. "A three-headed beast that disappeared after we fought it. Pits, hidden tunnels, spear traps. Things like that."

"Then we found a pole that led down into a hole. Chauncey slid down the pole and we heard him talking to someone. There was a black void down there too. Chauncey began to act very strangely. We tried to restrain him but he fled into the void. Mr. Wrenly tells me that who or whatever we were speaking to, it wasn't Chauncey. He couldn't detect Chauncey anywhere."

Wes sighs heavily. "It's hard for me to abandon Chauncey...but is there any hope of finding him here? Amun ventured into the void and came back saying it was not a place for humans. Is there any hope he could still be in there? Could we get him out if he is?" He turns his head and chatters to Mr. Wrenly:

"Is there any sign of Chauncey? Can you detect anything of him?"
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by Urson »

Luther
Luther pokes at the fallen giant, listening to the reports from the other groups.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by Quonundrum »

Aliendron

"The throne is not unexpected as below the temple we found another throne room with the wraiths. Although, it sounds like this goldman(finger?) is not the original occupant. We have definitely found other negative energy plane rifts ... he said that is where he came from? I have a very bad feeling about this. The energy imbalance is more severe than I thought and apparently spreading ..." He looks about he dimly lit room and the slowly expanding darkness. "I suggest we withdrawal to the tavern and recover before attempting to confront this being again."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Rest is a good idea, but if the darkness continues to expand we may be cut off and trapped in the pocket plane."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan asks, "Are the thrones connected in some way if there is more then one?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#389 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:09 pm Wes turns his head and chatters to Mr. Wrenly:
"Is there any sign of Chauncey? Can you detect anything of him?"
Mr. Wrenly hops up and down in obvious distress, answering the druids question with shrieks and chatter.

"I told you before, I can no longer sense my master among us. Do you know where he is?"

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by jemmus »

Theo agrees with Andron. Going back to the tavern might be best, for now. Even if we get trapped there, what would happen if we stay here? Could we survive?
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by Quonundrum »

Aliendron

"Well, they are connected via the obelisk ring, but I get what you mean. It's an interesting theory. How far will the darkness expand, though? The temple to Pelor and the lighthouse both must have acted as positive energy counter balances, but I have seen nothing similar here, unless the pool is somehow involved. Maybe the water is inflammable? We either confront it now, or later. I suspect that leaving this as is will ultimately prove a mistake."
Last edited by Quonundrum on Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by sastaz »

Amun shakes her head.

"I don't understand half of what you just said, but we need to move back. There is no way we can stop the spreading darkness, and there is no way through it."

She pauses.

"The strange thing is, it showed us illusions, visions, of both Darklin and Chauncey. How's that? Is it a nightmare? Does it show us our memories?"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan agrees with Amun, "I don't understand what's really going on either. Now I wonder too if the darkness in that alley with the children is somehow related to this darkness?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She listens to all the conversations and finally speaks up. "Nothing has changed from earlier. We were going downstairs to scout and determine what we can learn about the darkness. The darkness that we are currently standing in, to be clear. The giant was a nasty diversion. We need to press on and find out what's going on."

The Princess looks around and corrects herself. "Actually, we have even more force now. The rate of darkness change is alarming. Waiting a day may mean that this entire area or even half the island would be under darkness. It sucked before, can you imagine what it would be like dark and full of whatever happened to the giant?"

"Besides, we need Chauncey. He's got that mega-gem. Maybe a clue to his situation is down below."

The Princess tries to gather the troops to scout and raid below. "A few scouts first, the main group hangs back a bit and is ready to fight if needed."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Leaning against the wall for support, Maag gives Aliendron a thumbs up when he brings up the subject of confronting the darkness. Especially the idea of confronting it later.

"I 'ave seen dis black stuff before. It is all over der place. I do not fink dat we can stop it by fightin' dat git downstairs. I thought dat der idea of der obelisks was to fix dis island an' put everyfink back to normal".

"We 'ave got two new obelisks. I reckon dat we go to dem and get dem started".

Wes

"I'm not sure I want to go into that darkness. What if it's a place where I will be cut off from Obad Hai? I don't like being down here already."

"But I owe it to Chauncey to at least try and find him here. The more it spreads, the harder it will be."
Last edited by Jernau35 on Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by sastaz »

Amun

"I already went deep into the dark to find Chauncey, but the pain was overwhelming, even for me. I almost didn't make it out."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#397 Post by Quonundrum »

Aliendron

"Chauncey was carrying the mega gem of fire? I will go with a scouting team. It is imperative that we recover the gem. All of our effort will otherwise be for naught."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"I will go as well."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#399 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"I agree the darkness is an issue. But, we aren't sure we're still in the same place we were when we entered those doors or that what we would find through them now is what we left when we came out. I think we push on to the obelisks, they have to have some significance, and activating them might be the key to stopping this evil.
I don't think waiting it out in a pocket plane is the answer."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#400 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

"I have a strength spell for the strongest that is going on the scouting party. I will join with Aliendron and Tlachtga."

Wake

"Since I have the only remaining small gem key, I should go as well."

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”