The Lost Tavern

OGRE MAGE
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Lost Tavern

#461 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag grits his his teeth and glares. He waits to hear if the terms of the deal sound good, or if he's going to have to put his boot up somebody's little arse.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#462 Post by sastaz »

Amun is about to object to Aliendron speaking up for them - he...it...does look weirder than half the patrons in this establishment - but then lights up as she hears the clever tricks he/it pulls. She raises an eyebrow and looks back at the dubious gnomes.

"That's right. And what do you have to lose? Either we fail and die, and you can still pick and choose from anyone in this tavern, or we surprise you, and we all live happily ever after. I don't know what you mean by greenies, but I can assure you that I hit hard and I can stand a lot of pain. So, let's spill the beans shall we?"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#463 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan listens with complete skepticism and doubt.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#464 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Marlaman excuses himself from the table rather quickly, leaving Grumble and Grimble to make their hesitant and dry introductions around the group, noticing the friendly gestures as much as the sarcasm and outright speculation.

Grumble starts to……well…….grumble almost immediately, speaking openly and frankly that they can’t use people who have no experience working in something he refers to as “the floyd”.

Grimble immediately stops him by holding up one tiny soft pink hand before addressing the table.

“I see. So……….you know something of our reputation then? You know most people in here think we’re nuttier than an Arcadian fruitcake. Is that right?”

“I can already tell that at least half of you aren’t going to believe a word I say. And I have no idea what this aggressive brute is even talking about.”
He motions to Amun.

“Tell me Andronichishche, since you seem to be leading this group. Does it even pay for me to begin detailing our plans? Don’t you want to hear about riches beyond your wildest dreams?”

Actions?

Alordan AC3 22/22
Torbath (M3) AC8 18/18 RM, CL, DM, 1st 2/2 2nd 1/1 (top of backpack) Comet AC:7 4/4]
Aliendron AC10 17/17 (CL4) 1st 5/5 2nd 4/4 (MU3) RM, CL, DM, 1st 2/2 2nd 1/1
Feanol (MU3) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 4/4 1st 2/2 2nd
Theo AC:5 13/13 (Sword)
Amun (F3) AC:2 33/33
Magg AC4 20/20

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#465 Post by sastaz »

Amun wrinkles her nose and looks somewhere between surprised and hurt at the namecalling.

* mumbles * "Aggressive brute....aggressive brute? I guess I am aggressive? And kind of a brute? But no need to be insulting."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#466 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Whispers to Amun "Don't let him win, take it as a compliment".

Then to the Gnomes "Well we are in the midst of a rather interesting and profitable venture, so I do hope your offering can be worth our time."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"I 'ave bin known to dream pretty big", says Maag. "Let us 'ear wot you 'ave got to say".

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#468 Post by jemmus »

Theo watches the boar-man back as he retreats after the introduction. He waits to see the gnomes' reactions to his friends' comments. The young ranger, socially awkward and not popular with about anybody (except for old people), has always been wise for his age. "Nuttier than an Arcadian fruitcake" sounds interesting. The most interesting people, creatures, steel machines, etc. he's met so far have matched that description. Powerful personalities-- bringing along crazy risks.
Last edited by jemmus on Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#469 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

Torbath just keeps quiet hoping the Gnome will get to a point.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#470 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan asks, "We've run into creatures in the market that claimed they were excellent at finding things. They were eerie creatures to be quite honest, but i was wondering if you tried to use them in your treasure hunting endeavors at all?"

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#471 Post by Quonundrum »

Aliendron

"I can attest that we have seen things beyond our wildest dreams ... things beyond even the sights and visitors of the Ethereal Marketplace. So, regardless of your reputation here, I believe that you will find we will be more receptive to your plans than most."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#472 Post by OGRE MAGE »

After listening to what a few others have to say, the gnomes decide to hear the group out. Grimble remains their key speaker while Grumble looks everyone over harshly.

“Very well then. Let me begin. Grumble and I have a knowledge of the Deep Ethereal like no others alive. And we take our work very seriously. So, unless we can be assured that we have your utmost attention and dedication, we simply cannot work together. Is that understood?”

“Now, as some of you may already know, the Ethereal Plane is one of utter chaos and mystery. However, we have discovered an area that is unlike any other inside the floyd. An area that is predictable, even quantifiable. And as Marlaman already knows, this very tavern and all its mysteries, has something to do with this unique anomaly we have discovered.”

“Before I detail this out any further, let me ask each of you two questions. First, have any of you ever worked inside the floyd before? And secondly, are any of you familiar with a mage named Leomund? Or spells such as Vanish, Plane Shift, or Magic Jar?

Actions?

Alordan AC3 22/22
Torbath (M3) AC8 18/18 RM, CL, DM, 1st 2/2 2nd 1/1 (top of backpack) Comet AC:7 4/4]
Magg AC4 20/20

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#473 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan clears this throat as he nervously speaks up, "I can say I don't know Floyd or a Leomund..."

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by jemmus »

Theo
Err, no. I've never heard of the floyd or Leomund either. I've heard of those spells, but I don't know them. He figures that might be kind of obvious from his chainmail and the hilt of of the bastard sword visible behind his shoulder. But he figures it's best not to leave anything unsaid with these odd, testy gnome fellows.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#475 Post by gurusql »

Torbath

"No, to the floyd and the specific spells. I also have not had the pleasure of meeting Leomund."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#476 Post by Quonundrum »

Aliendron

"If we accept your proposal, I will assure you my utmost attention and dedication to the project. As to your specific questions, if by the (pink) floyd you're referring to the Deep Ethereal ...", he nods towards the patio where the swirling pink mists of the Ethereal plane lap at the doors, "I have not. Four of us, however, have travelled what is known as the Dark Ether, though. I am also familiar with Leomund and those spells, although I cannot cast them myself." He pauses for a moment. "Wealth beyond our wildest dreams ... are you perhaps suggesting this area you found contains lost Leomund's secret chests?"

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#477 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"I cannot say dat I 'ave. I knew a bloke called Leo der Pig once. Course, yer would not call 'im dat to 'is face. Not if yer wanted to keep yer 'ead in der vicinity of yer shoulders".

Maag jerks his thumb towards Aliendron, Torbath and Feanol. "Look, der pointy 'eads will work out wotever magic yer need. But dey are not goin' to be much good if sumfin' is tryin' to eat dem. Der rest of us are 'ere to stop dat".

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#478 Post by sastaz »

Amun just stares as the gnomes keep talking, unable to decide whether they are extremely smart or just insane. And if it really matters.

She nods at Maag's last statement. "Yes, something like that. They need to stay out of trouble to work their magic. Some of us are here to let them do just that. And we did travel here, didn't we?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#479 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Ethereal Job

Both gnomes listen intently to each reply, only raising an eyebrow to Maag’s rumination over an old acquaintance.

They perk up considerably after Andron questions them about chests, but their attention is completely drawn to something else the priest of Rao trapped in the body of an alien creature mentions.

Both of them jerk their heads in his direction and, in perfect unison, answer simultaneously. Dark Ether? What is that exactly? Will you show us?”

Actions?

Alordan AC3 22/22
Magg AC4 20/20

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#480 Post by sastaz »

Amun looks quizzically at Aliendron and the gnomes as well.

"Are you talking about the cold darkness? You don't want to go in there, I can tell you that. There's only darkness, pain and fear there, and it will turn your friends into strange ghosts without memory. It's like it's alive!"

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”