CharGen (Leitz's game)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CharGen (Leitz's game)

#41 Post by Rex »

Those look good. Definitely fit the theme.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by jemmus »

Kerecsen Zay
Hungarian (minor nobility)

High Aspect: a) Suave Violinist-Amateur Composer-Poet Spy. But now I see that that's fairly similar to Pulpatoon's character. Or b) Dashing Former Hussar Officer Spy
Trouble Aspect: Rightly or wrongly (he's not sure) accused of the unwed pregnancy of a daughter of a Hungarian aristocratic who has strong connections to the Church, Freemasons, or other powerful international organization
Trouble Aspect: Impulsive lady's man; might sometimes choose to pursue the favored goal at hand rather than the more responsible one

Any feedback on which high aspect would be better for the game overall is very welcome.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Leitz »

Aramis, Porthos, and Athos were all French Musketeers, but still very different. Be sure to read Pulpatoon's most excellent back-story, and then think about how your character is different. Hungarian Hussar sabre fencing is interesting, there's a short back edge towards the point, and the curved blade allows by-passing a straight sword.

I've email chatted with this guy, and his book is fun: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... MIqG99vlsZ

At the time of the game, Hungary is divided into three parts; some controlled by the Habsburgs, another part by the Kingdom of Hungary, and some by the Ottoman empire. There is a lot of religious strife, as well. How does your character feel about that? While the League is apolitical, its members can still be loyal to their homeland.

Your character might have a child, how does he feel about that? What is his sense of family? Maybe he has a child *and* he is, or at least was, a lady's man. Is he changing? If so, how?

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by jemmus »

Sorry for the delay everyone. I'm not even close to finalizing the character, but I'll post the main idea if it will help things along. I'll have some space to work on it and catch up on things tomorrow.

Kerecsen Zay
Hungarian (minor nobility)

High Aspect: Hard-Drinking and Gambling Former Hussar Officer. With poetic and musical tendencies.
Trouble Aspect: Rightly or wrongly (he's not sure) accused of the unwed pregnancy of a daughter of a Hungarian aristocratic who has strong connections to the Church, Freemasons, or other powerful international organization
Trouble Aspect: Impulsive lady's man; might sometimes choose to pursue the favored goal at hand rather than the more responsible one

Expert horseman. Former officer of light cavalry with the role of reconnoitering, screening, diversion-making, and chasing down fleeing foes. As such, thinks in terms of observing and learning the foe, bluffing and outwitting it to let the "heavies" break it, and then administering the coup de grace to finally eliminate the threat. Or to get it as close to that as possible. Either in the combat arena or the mental one, the same.

(Note on hussars: Lightly-armed and flamboyantly uniformed light cavalry of Europe from late Medieval times up to World War I. They were known for their fast horses, elan, and their brave recklessness. I suppose partly because in the age of not even telephones, they operated far ahead of slow marching army and its wagons, on their own initiative and out of touch with (or in command of) their generals. They were notorious for their swaggering, the gold braid of their jackets and their fashionable flair, their hard drinking, and their carefree carousing. It seems that no decent mom of the time, whatever her social class, wanted that incorrigible son to go off and join the wild hussars).
Last edited by jemmus on Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Leitz »

Nice! I love the way you all are bringing culture into the game.

jemmus, for tomorrow all you really need is an idea of how your skills stack up. One at +4, two at +3, three at +2, and four at +1. Once things are in motion, if you come up with an Aspect, Stunt, or wild idea, throw it into the OOC discussion.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

Looking good.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by jemmus »

Got it. Thanks mates. Here we go then!