OOC II

Rex
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II

#561 Post by sulldawga »

I want to have the plan straight in my head. This is a former Khuzdul outpost. It's two days out from Burzyn so the second half of any trip will be outside the range of any Royal Guard patrols.

Is the outpost directly on the Genin Trail? Could we expect to get merchants to stay there overnight because it'll be a safe spot? Or is it on a trail that leads to the Khuzdul nation, and we're hoping to use the outpost as an anchor to open up that trail for trade?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#562 Post by shaidar »

It is a little off the trail, you can see it as the star on the map hidden in the spoiler tag in this post:

viewtopic.php?p=659037#p659037

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#563 Post by sulldawga »

So why are we focused on it, if it's out of the way? It might make sense if we were exploring that area and needed a base of operations vs. going back to town all the time, but otherwise I don't get why we're focused on it.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#564 Post by shaidar »

I believe it lies on an old trail that heads north which would be advantageous to reopen.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#565 Post by Marullus »

Telling you OOC, that's what Lharzin meant IC. Azadmere wants it as a waystation for dwarf traders.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#566 Post by Rex »

Marullus is correct plus a base of operations to fall back on for the group. It is also the southern end of what used to be called the Southern Way, which approximately 1500 years ago was a route to the dwarf kingdom of Azadmere. Reopening it would be a monumental task but there are many abandoned dwarf way stations, outposts, hunting lodges etc along its route. Intentionally hidden by the dwarfs when possible.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#567 Post by sulldawga »

Ok, cool, I wasn't against doing it, I just wanted it clear in my mind what we were hoping to accomplish.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#568 Post by Rex »

My update will come tonight after work. Won't be much just a nudge to get you buying supplies and starting on your journey.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#569 Post by shaidar »

So I'm thinking of buying 8 days standard rations (16d) and 3 days trail rations (9d) for a total of 25d and 33lbs weight.

I'm wondering if we can get a better price if we all buy together? ;)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#570 Post by shaidar »

Marullus wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:46 pm Lharzin had given Beryl coin to buy 10 days provisions for the group. She occupies herself ensuring she can lock her wagon and proceed with the ponies when the time comes.
:mrgreen:

Nice!

Do we want to get some other stuff?

Looking at the price list Rex linked to a few posts up, do we want to get some things like lanterns, oil, and kitchen things, or just leave it for now and use this trip as an opportunity to put a list together? Lanterns and oil could be useful either way, and maybe a brazier and some wood to warm those cold stones.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#571 Post by Rex »

I just replied to Ahlmzhad in Murgar's thread with some stuff he wanted to buy. May want to look at that as well. Standing dead wood should be plenty to heat with short term, especially since it is summer. But, that will require noise and evidence near the outpost. Might want to start stocking up on wool or coal for winter. Keep in mind that Volin (dwarf alchemist/fire mage) and Eitri (dwarf mercenary/metalcrafter) are already at the outpost.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#572 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Aside from the rations Algrim doesn't really need anything else. Other than maybe good dwarven ale to bring back to the outpost.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#573 Post by shaidar »

Since food is being provided by our new friends, there is nothing else Arngier wants to buy at this time.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#574 Post by sulldawga »

I am happy to contribute to any group purchases but, like Arngeir, Ingram doesn't have any personal needs once food is covered.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#575 Post by Rex »

No one in the group has Brewing but a NPC and a PC have Cookery. They also have alchemy, so maybe not ale, but a still is doable.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#576 Post by Marullus »

I was going to ask that. :) So, dwarven whiskey is on the table!

GreyWolfVT

#577 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nah, Dwarven Bourbon is the way to go or so I hear. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#578 Post by Rex »

Bourbon is my favorite whiskey, but not on Harn. No Kentucky or corn, LOL.

GreyWolfVT

#579 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:02 am Bourbon is my favorite whiskey, but not on Harn. No Kentucky or corn, LOL.
Rum? Gin? Vodka? Brandy? Schnapp's? Don't tell me Harn has nothing except human ale.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#580 Post by Marullus »

Lharzin is from a proud, greatclan of Alchemists. Distillation of liquor is definitely in her repertoire, and as an herbalist so are gin and schnapps. 😉 I think I will lean into this.

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”