ELROOD SECTOR: Episode Two: Drifting

max_vale
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

ELROOD SECTOR: Episode Two: Drifting

#1 Post by max_vale »

Onboard the Nova Kestrel in the Kidron System, on the edge of the Drift in the Elrood Sector

Leaving Elrood a few days ago, the NRI team came out of hyperspace at the edge of the Kidron System; the large Stellar Gas Cloud that makes navigation impossible so only short 'micro jumps' in hyperspace can be utilized to cross it; can be seen from the Bridge viewports.....

Careful sublight maneuvering though is necessary and the Kidron System; a series of gas giants and ice-ball moons; gives those not engaged in flying the ship something to look at as they enjoy a meal. Vale and Kit suddenly FEEL a presence reaching out thru the Force and Vale can make out clear sentences in his mind while Kit catches individual words here and there. Kato can feel something out there in space....something seemingly asking for help....but then it fades quickly.....

Vale hears a weak but deep voice call out; "Hail fellow traveller of the Stars.....if it's not too much trouble, I could use some assistance...." The young Jedi KNOWS there's a being out there....to the right of the ship and out a ways.....something that seems good and decent and in desperate need of help.....

Kit 'hears' a more simplistic message...."Hello.....Need Help...." and just knows the being sending the message is out in space....but not exactly where.....

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: ELROOD SECTOR: Episode Two: Drifting

#2 Post by Zhym »

"I feel...something," says Kato. "A presence I've not felt since...well, a couple of weeks ago at the very least."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Kit

"Growl..."
"Someone needs our help."

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by ateno »

Kael surrenders the two weapons to the appropiate authorities.
Kael is fine with another skilled person in the ship

"Growl..."
From the navigator seat:
"Again I don't understand Wookie yet. Whats wrong? ... Kato?

Kael

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Starbeard »

Vale Starcloud

"Out to starboard. Someone is stranded and in great danger. A very polite chap, too. I wonder who it could be. Can you read anything on the scanners?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

He nudges Clark in the ribs and nods to the trio. "And now they're hearing thingss..."

Zuul shrugs and listens to the update.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by ateno »

Kael was waiting for the direction, he puts 300 degrees on traffic avoidance and concentrates the rest of his traffic and fire control emitters in a 60 degree arc, in x and y axis in the general direction that was pointed to.

Kael

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by kipper »

OOC: I was away for a week, but I'm back now. I'm fine with Parek coming along, although ideally only as a ship-board personality.

Clark rolls his eyes in agreement with Zuul.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by max_vale »

Onboard the Nova Kestrel in the Kidron System, on the edge of the Drift in the Elrood Sector

Immediately after Clark and Zuul share a moment of bonding as the 'norms stuck with the Wizards', Kael calls out; "Off the starboard bow about a kilometer away and 30 degrees relative up" as he stares at the sensor readings and Kit growls a response as she maneuvers the ship to face the indicated direction. A moment later, they can all see the amazing sight of an eighty meter long creature floating in space. It is silver with blue highlights in color and has a long serpentine body with several segmented sections with limbs and a pair of massive, gossamer wings. It's reptililian head is large and its eyes are open but rather glassy looking and there is a substantial tear in one wing. Parek breathes out, "Whoa.....a Dinwinogin.....I never thought I'd see a Star Dragon...."

Many of you had heard the 'old spacers' tale' of Star Dragons....immense, kind creatures that can survive the void of space and travel from star to star.....but none of you had thought there was any truth to the legends.....until now.....

[imgurl=]https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.752436407b8 ... ImgRaw&r=0[/imgurl=]

Vale continues to hear the polite voice in his mind speak to him; "I see you have the ability to access the great life energy Force that I do fellow Star Traveller....I thank you for allowing me to speak to you. My name is.....un-pronounceable in your tongues, but you may refer to me as Star-Blazer. I apparently misjudged my route between stars and hit a tiny meteorite that tore my wing and threw me off course.....I am.......wasting away from burning up my oxygen and water reserves. If it's not too much trouble, if I could borrow some from your conveyance, I would be MOST obliged...."

Vale 'sees' a picture of a boarding tube being used out of an airlock from the Nova Kestrel to Star-Blazer's snout and allowing the Dragon to breath for a bit and then have some water 'poured' into the tube and lapped up so that he may continue on his travels. Vale also notices that while he's hiding it quite well, Star-Blazer is in substantial pain from his wing cut.....

Kit, again gets a more child-like version of the above, something like: "You use Force...Me use Force....we use Force to talk....I hurt....need some air...some water......thank you...."; and Kato just gets a feeling the big, space creature is kinda hurting and a not a threat....

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by ateno »

Kael, after his immediate reaction turns on the shops forward visual recorders and waits for orders.

Kael

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

Kit

Kit will check the ships reserve for oxygen and water.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Zhym »

Kato just gawks at the Star-Dragon—an actual Star-Dragon!—and tries to send positive force energy vibes its way (if that's even a thing).

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by kipper »

Clark is certainly in favour of aiding this creature.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Starbeard »

Vale concentrates on sending a response back to the creature. "Of course, Star-Blazer. We would be more than happy to help. is there anything we can do to help your wing?"

While they wait to get everything checked, Vale introduces himself and the others. He quickly describes their mission to search for pirates who have taken their friends, and asks Star-Blazer if it has seen other ships on this route.

(PS: nice name choice! I immediately thought of the old cartoon too.)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

"Nope. Just Nope." Zuul looks out at the creature and quickly pivots on the spot, returning to the lounge area.

He sits there, slowly rocking on his hands.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by max_vale »

The next half an hour or so is a very strange and unique one for the team of NRI agents. Kael and Kit maneuver the ship to get the airlock and boarding tube close to Star-Blazer's snout and Clark and Parek rig up a way to release an emergency tank of Oxygen and several gallons of water, collected in Zero-G packets into the tube after the 'connection' is made.

In the meantime, Vale looks like he's napping in a chair as he continues to have a 'conversation' with the Star Dragon while Kato grins like a child and moves from the cockpit to a viewing screen, to capture every moment of seeing the magnificent being out of myth and legend while sending 'positive feelings' towards it and Zuul just stays in the back, pretending like NONE of this is happening all around him.....

Star Blazer apologies to Vale, but tells him that he does not know anything of the Pirates they seek but this is the first time he has travelled these parts. He is extremely thankful for the oxygen and water, which he inhales deeply a few times and then guzzles fairly quickly and everyone can see the glassiness of his eyes is gone. When asked about healing his wing, he seems very embarrassed but grateful and a bit skeptical as he 'says'...."Well, if any of you can put on those skins that allow you to move about in the star-ocean like I do; and if you had any mending material; perhaps you could float over and apply it? I would be MOST appreciative and be in your debt...more than I already am.....however, if you cannot, I certainly understand and I believe I will still be able to reach my destination with no treatment"....

OOC: Basically, if you guys want to try healing him, somebody has to get in a space-suit and take a couple of Medpacs out and attempt to heal him. Needless to say, this will be MUCH trickier than dealing with a regular wound on a planet or on a ship when you're NOT wearing a space suit. So, we're talking a Difficulty 20 Medicine roll task......just to let you know up front.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Rex »

Kit

"Growl... Grunt... Hiss..."
"I am the medic, I will go out and try and heal him."
She will ready a full bandolier of med packs before suiting up.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by ateno »

Kael will show up in a suit "You need a buddy if your going EVA."

He will have a pack full of low weight and low bulk heavy duty sheeting and epoxy.

"I think we can cover your minstrations with this for protection in space, it should fall off in a while, or the dragon could take it off in time."

Kael will ask the Dragon if that is approapiate thru Vale.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by kipper »

Clark will keep watch with the ship's long-distance sensors on the surrounding area while Kit and Kael work on the Star Dragon.

Clark suits up as well and joins Kit.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Starbeard »

Vale makes himself comfortable in the copilot chair, setting his communications frequency so that he can relay messages from Star-Blazer to the crew outside.

Return to “WEG Star Wars 1st Edition d6”