Unseen Servant Collaborative Dungeon

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Unseen Servant Collaborative Dungeon

#1 Post by rredmond »

Reminds me of when we worked on our collaborative town - don’t ask me why, just struck a chord. I’d love to work on a collaborative dungeon here actually. Get together a map and a quick, couple sentences of background, then folks claim different rooms/areas on the map. Actually probably be more old school to let the background grow as the rooms do. We don’t have to be all “ecology of a dungeon” about it, unless it adds to the fun.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: #Dungeon23

#2 Post by rredmond »

Yikes. Sorry for the thread-jack Gary! I’ll think about this and start a new thread. I’m sure there are maps out there we could steal, but I’d love to get one from a member here.
Apologies again for the (continued) jack!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Both ideas are cool, but I would prefer here. B1 is always an option since that was its original design but sastaz does incredible map work.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by sastaz »

Hello, yes I'd love to draw a map if someone
provides a simple conceptual one on simple graph paper!

Or I can of course just make one up.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Unseen Servant Collaborative Dungeon

#5 Post by rredmond »

Do you have one you’d like to offer up? :)
A decent sized, 1(ish) level - if there’s a sub-level or two, all the better. Let me check with Greg to see if there’s anything he’d think might be good for an UsS dungeon too. :)

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by sastaz »

No, but it'll be sort of fast if it's just the map itself. When I mapped for our Barrowmaze party, I included some sort of poetic map spot art in each room (like, a room full of bones would have had two bones and a skull etcetera). If so, I'd need to know what's in the rooms first. Better start up with a map that somewhat open to interpretation by the respective room writer, right?

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#7 Post by ToniXX »

I'm liking this idea. Dyson Logos makes a bunch of his maps available for free. It might be a good place to start.
Check them out here: https://dysonlogos.blog/maps/
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

That makes sense as we would be starting with the map and then populating. At least that is how I envision it anyways.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by rredmond »

Agreed. We take the map, and folks choose the number or numbers of the areas they want and go. We would put the rooms we finish here for others to see and be inspired by :D

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

This set would be a neat inspiration.

https://dysonlogos.blog/maps/my-private-jakalla/

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by hedgeknight »

rredmond wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:16 pm Yikes. Sorry for the thread-jack Gary! I’ll think about this and start a new thread. I’m sure there are maps out there we could steal, but I’d love to get one from a member here.
Apologies again for the (continued) jack!
:lol: :lol: No worries man. I just posted the link to #Dungeon23 because I've been reading about it on EnWorld. No reason why we can't do something similar here in the forum. Dungeon rooms for everybody! :SAN:
Winter is coming...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by rredmond »

Rex wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:41 pm This set would be a neat inspiration.

https://dysonlogos.blog/maps/my-private-jakalla/
Jinkies! That's quite a map! Might be a bit large for our purposes.

I don't know if Dyson or @sastaz have a map with 30 or so rooms? Do an old school 3 way split: 10 "empty" (but adding flair/spirit) rooms, 10 traps/tricks, 10 monsters? Or so, no need to be too crazy strict?
Maybe a little less (21, 24, or 27) if we get some interest, we can always add an extra level. The therapist in me doesn't want to put out more chairs than we think we can fill ;)
Depending on the map folks might want to take one location, or 2-3 to work on it as a cohesive (or not so cohesive) group?

Thoughts? Love it if you could make such a map sastaz. I don't know how to put an Unseen Servant twist on a map, but there's going to have to be a room/area with an Unseen Servant encounter of sorts. One of you more creative types can have at that. Once we have a map, we can go from there - decide if we want to identify a BBEG or just go with a monster motel ;)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by gurusql »

We can just pick Map 1A from the Dyson link for example and if that fills up and we need more add 1B, etc.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rex »

sastaz, do you still have this map in complete form? It would be a neat one to use.

viewtopic.php?p=592081#p592081

Return to “General RPG discussion”