Chapter 0: The Gathering

gurusql
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 0: The Gathering

#161 Post by shaidar »

Garrant pays 3gp at The Molten Spider (for a room, stabling and the rest as a tip).

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by gurusql »

First Day Riding
9PM Earthday, 6th day of Planting, 597

Androgost (AC -6, HP 65/65)
Qleceec(AC 1, HP 63/63)
Nah (AC 4, HP 53/53)
Siouxsie (AC 2, HP 48/48)
Garrant (AC 8, HP 50/50)
Boff (AC 5, HP 61/61)
Franny (AC 4, HP 26/26)
Hex (AC 0, HP 27/27)
Raffi (AC -1, HP 21/21)

Hex and Raffi were waiting in the Rich Vein Pub for the other adventurers to return. The two have lots of questions for all, but find their friends a little busy to give many answers and that most of the adventurers are staying at the Molten Spider. Boff and Franny join him in the mining themed establishment. The cost for staying the night for the two and two horses will be 5 gp plus any drinks. Boff does manage to talk up some dwarven locals that they think the earthquakes are from a fire giant dance to summon a fire giant deity of volcanos.

Garrant, Qleceec and Androgost take care of their horses and get rooms at the Molten Spider for a similar price of 2.5 gp per person (3 for Qleceec with her two horses) not counting drinks. (Some of you have already paid.) Siouxsie and Nah have collectively unified the Molten Spider into a chant to "Ring the Bell!"

Garrant has headed over towards the Rich Vein Pub when Hex and Raffi where heading over to see the rest of the adventurers and the two see each other in the crossing. (Allowing the duo to have their conversation.)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Rex »

Qleceec

Once everything is taken care of Qleceec heads over to spend some time at the Rich Vein Pub and see what she can learn.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by shaidar »

Garrant

To Hex and Raffi:

"... Are you coming to the Molten Spider? Siouxsie is buying a round for the entire bar and Nah is going to arm wrestle everyone. Is it quiet in the Rich Vein? I'm too old for such rowdyness. "

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Storm11 »

Hex and Raffi will amble over to the Spider to watch the show.
We prefer a more sedate pace and less rowdy clientele, but the occasional hurrah can be somewhat amusing,”
the gnome says with a wink. Raffi nods his head and flexes his fingers, thinking it might be a perfect opportunity to perfect his skills.
“And NO robbing!” the illusionist cautions sharply, glaring at his henchman. The halfling seems to deflate at the order, and follows along more forlornly
Greys Campaign.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Rex »

Qleceec

On running into Hex, Raffi, and Garrant on their way to the the Molten Spider will join them.

"Good to see you Hex and Raffi, I was just on my way to see how you are doing."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Storm11 »

Its good to see again you lady ranger. How have things been with these bunch of reprobates? Have you managed to keep them all in line?”
Hex asks innocently
Greys Campaign.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Rex »

Qleceec

"Not much luck with that, like herding cats as you well know."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Spearmint »

Siouxsie
"We are not having any bar-fights in my establishment, Ms. Half-elf. Buy a round for the bar (there are 30-35 people in the bar at present) and the locals can make their own bets for ARM-wrestling your champion, with 40% going to the house. The house always wins."
"Effing hell. You can have a finger in the pie and take ten percent not stick a whole hand in for forty."

She retorts to the greedy bar-keep.

"Right step up, step up. Feel his muscle ladies, test his girth men. Is there not a champion who can measure up? Hand slam wins, submissions or knockout. Any clerics on hand to heal the broken arms and soothe the broken hearted? Left arm, right arm, thumb wars. No lotions, no potions, no spells, no tickling balls under the table."

She drums up a bit of atmosphere, putting a credit line behind the bar to cover a tab and acts 'bookie' to offering odds against the half-orc.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by gurusql »

Moss

"You come into my bar, try and make money on my hard work and then call me greedy. One ring of the bell or I will have you thrown out and then one ring of the bell per round and you can take all the money!"

The bar continues to chant, "Ring the Bell, Ring the Bell, Ring the Bell"

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#171 Post by cybersavant »

Nah Olos scans the crowd to see if any are willing to step forward and face him, close and personal. He spreads a crooked, toothy grin.
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#172 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Boff and Franny ignore the groups usual antics, continuing their attempt to obtain information regarding their upcoming job.

"Fire giants dancin? That's pure foolishness!"

They listen around the tavern for any more rumors, staying alert for shenanigans.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by gurusql »

First Day Riding - After Dark
9PM Earthday, 6th day of Planting, 597

Androgost (AC -6, HP 65/65)
Qleceec(AC 1, HP 63/63)
Nah (AC 4, HP 53/53)
Siouxsie (AC 2, HP 48/48)
Garrant (AC 8, HP 50/50)
Boff (AC 5, HP 61/61)
Franny (AC 4, HP 26/26)
Hex (AC 0, HP 27/27)
Raffi (AC -1, HP 21/21)

Within the Rich Vein Pub, Boff and Franny are trying to work the room for earthquake rumors and discount the Fire Giant Dancing rumor as "pure foolishness!", when a group of five gnomes invite them over saying, "Here let us buy you a round of ale and you can tell us what you know about the earthquakes and then when you buy us a round we will do the same. Barkeep, get out new friends here a round of ale!".

In between the two establishments, Qleceec, Garrant, Hex and Raffi have a conversation with Hex hoping to head into excitement of the Molten Spider.

Androgost is spending extra time in the stables and has not been part of the chaos as of yet.

Siouxsie is trying to start a wrestling match with Nah in the Molten Spider, but has started to curse at the half-orc barkeep Moss for being to greedy and the entire bar is chanting, "Ring the Bell, Ring the Bell, Ring the Bell"

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Quonundrum »

Androgost

Entering the pub to settle payment for lodging, just as the patrons erupt into their chanting, his eyes had barely adjusted to the light when he surmises the instigators of the excitement. He rather disliked gambling, well any game of chance really. Instead of participating, he slips off to his room to doff his armour after a long days ride.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by shaidar »

Garrant

(to Qleceec, Hex and Raffi)

"Perhaps we should stay together and head to the Molten Spider. My neck will not likely take to the low ceilings at the vein. I'd rather not be trying to cast with a crick n my neck in the morning."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Storm11 »

The two small folk grin at the wizard-priest and nod their agreement to accompany the tall folk.

“It’s true, us proper sized folk are much more adaptable to different venues than you lanky types,” Raffi says with a grin, nudging the human in the thigh playfully.

“I like the Rich Vein, for staying in, but a little variety never hurt anyone,” Hex responds with a nod. “I am sure you will be entertained at the Spider. It has a reputation around these parts,” the illusionist adds with a mischievous smirk, winking at the halfling.
Greys Campaign.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#177 Post by shaidar »

Garrant

"It's a shame my reduce spell doesn't have a long enough duration. Hmmm, maybe time to locate a polymorph spell."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#178 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Boff agrees to the round buying information share, happily offering to catch the gnomes another drink and explaining everything they had learned so far about the quakes.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Rex »

Qleceec

"Yes, I am a bit tall as well." She says with a chuckle.

"Lets see what are more unpredictable friends have gotten themselves into this time."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by Spearmint »

Siouxsie

Alright, let us see what fun and gold can be had. She rings the bell to drum up folk to get a ringside seat and takes any wagers against the muscled Nah.

Return to “Earthquakes in the Jotens (1e)”