In search of a body

Rex
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: In search of a body

#241 Post by Rex »

Gerolt

"Not sure what we could do with it. Burning would draw attention and it would be an awful big hole in rocky ground to dig."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

"Leave body. Beasts around will eat it and not us."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by sastaz »

Turnip

"Yeah, I'm thinking along those lines as well. Let's just get out of here. The animals will eat what's left. Let's gather our stuff and travel back to that outpost."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#244 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "I gotta tell ya all. I've been thinkin', I'm wonderin' if restorin' me kins ol' outpost ain't worth a shot. I'm kinda thinkin' that'd be me next mission after we sort this all out." the dwarf admits to the others.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by sastaz »

Turnip looks at the dwarf, somewhat surprised, but also with some curiosity.

"Okay. I mean, why not. That could prove interesting. Probably we'd have to fix a lot. Travel back to town for quite a few purchases. I mean, the stone's still there, but rope, fabric, even wood, all of that would have to be replaced."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by Rex »

Early evening of the 1st of Nolus, the first day of Summer. Arrival at the outpost.

After a forced march the party arrives at the outpost carrying the remains of the Dwarf and the valuable remains from the drake.

Actions

Arngeir Orlygsson: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 85, Uni Pen (0/0), Phy Pen (-4/-20), SMP 16, Move 6, Initiative: 98, Spc:
Algrim Tirion: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 19, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 16, Move 10, Initiative: 90, Spc:
Turnip: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 21, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (0/0), SMP 17, Move 15, Initiative: 84, Spc:
Murgar: Inj (M1 left calf, EE), FL 0, BL 0, PP 26, Uni Pen (-5), Phy Pen (-5/-5), SMP 18, Move 14, Initiative: 80, Spc:
Gerolt: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 16, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-5/-25), SMP 0, Move 10, Initiative: 96, Spc:
Volin: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 26, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 0, Move 11, Initiative: 90, Spc:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Rex »

Outpost Map.PNG
Outpost Map.PNG (184.8 KiB) Viewed 846 times

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#248 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

When it is announced they have arrived at the outpost and it is simply a doorway into a hill Murgar is a bit surprised and is not sure what to think.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir gestures to the top of the cliff

"Hmmm. How we get horses and large things up cliff to extrance?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by Rex »

Reminder that Gerolt, Murgar, and Volin have never been in here. You can't get the horses up the cliff from here, it would be a long ways around and risk getting lost even in the day. The donkey might be able to get up the cliff but it would be difficult and no way down into the complex for the horses or donkey. You haven't tried to open the front door from inside yet.

Kallen
Squire
Squire

#251 Post by Kallen »

"Algrim we could send for message to both of are family's to help rebuild this outpost?"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by sastaz »

Turnip

Looks at the cliff and the place where she thinks the door could be located.

"I don't know. Didn't they close the outposts like these due to being too few? I heard there are even humans living in the dwarven cities nowadays. I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but that's what I've heard. Also, we'd need supplies coming here and the king would have to secure the road for that. I think we should have a look ourselves first."

GreyWolfVT

#253 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kallen wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:06 am "Algrim we could send for message to both of are family's to help rebuild this outpost?"
Algrim nods his head "Not a bad idea."
sastaz wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:38 pm Turnip

Looks at the cliff and the place where she thinks the door could be located.

"I don't know. Didn't they close the outposts like these due to being too few? I heard there are even humans living in the dwarven cities nowadays. I haven't seen it with my own eyes, but that's what I've heard. Also, we'd need supplies coming here and the king would have to secure the road for that. I think we should have a look ourselves first."
"Dun matter ta me why they closed it. I wanna reopen it an set up shop ere."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

"Should get in from above, like before, and see if we clear way to open front door."

GreyWolfVT

#255 Post by GreyWolfVT »

shaidar wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:55 pm Arngeir

"Should get in from above, like before, and see if we clear way to open front door."
Algrim "Yeah, if we get creative we can likely, work out a rough road er path ta get them horses down there."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by Rex »

You are at the front door currently. So the horses are down, just haven't opened the front door previously. My bad for not being clearer.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by shaidar »

Just for clarity, when I said about clearing a way to the front door I meant from the inside, as we'd learned that the Khazdul would have blocked the front way in in some fashion and left by the secret entrance on top.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by sastaz »

Turnip

"Last time I think I climbed up ahead and you came along afterwards. But now we have the horses. Thinking of which, even if we would manage to get that front door open - which might take days of digging - would we keep the horses inside the outpost?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Rex »

Just as a reminder of the door situation. You didn't try opening the front door from the inside as the portcullis was stuck down (the chains were to rusted and some broken that raise it). So you need to figure a way to raise the portcullis, then open the door which you only did a quick look at. Once the horses are inside room #5 is a stable that would just need a little cleaning up.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

"So, who will stay with horses while we go and clear stuck grill?"

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”