In search of a body

Rex
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: In search of a body

#321 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "Aye, that sounds like a plan ta me, Arngier. 'Sides we gotta see what we can do bount gettin that front door workin an might need some stuff in town ta fix it."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by Rex »

Here is a more detailed view of the local area. The arrows are the settlements I gave distances to and the star is the approximate location of the Outpost.
Chybisa detail.JPEG
Chybisa detail.JPEG (875.4 KiB) Viewed 1122 times

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#323 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

"That sounds like a reasonable plan, I can think of nothing better. Let's head for Burzyn then. Once we're set on that path, or another, I will cast for our portents."

With that he'll go about locating a bird or other animal for sacrifice.

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by sastaz »

Turnip

"That sounds like a good plan, I always wanted to visit Burzyn!" Strangely enough, for all my Harnworld play, I don't think any of my PC:s went to Burzyn, so I want to visit as a player as well :)

"I wander if they have a house for The Maker of Bargains?"" which is Halea the goddess of pleasure, that Turnip grew up worshipping

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by Leitz »

Gerolt scanned the trail again, looking for his friends. The porch he stood on was solid, like many of the other ruins in Darcen. It would take little to move in; water was abundant, and the fields had been left fallow for several years. Wild versions of regular crops grew here and there, and low rock fences showed where the land had been cleared. Darcen might hold a dozen families, if families were there. For the moment it was little but abandoned houses, an empty tavern, and Gerolt.

He had taken his leave of the group, but it didn't feel quite right. Being back in the saddle let him relax a little, and think a lot. Fighting a drake was a tale to tell, and it should be told. Everyone, warrior or not, pitched in with courage and elan. But that tale would draw attention, and could cause problems if not handled well. Chybisa was a place of spies and information, and Burzyn was the capital of the kingdom and the concept that was Chybisa. What if someone tried to steal the spoils of victory, through outright theft or legal convolutions? Not just the drake, but the outpost itself. Manning the outpost, and Darcen, would be an effort. However, the bigger issue was that a baron might claim the land without any effort, and milk the group for everything while giving nothing.

Gerolt frowned. Most of the barons weren't like that, usually, but people and money were tight. The group needed an advocate for their cause, and they should have one. That's what made him stop at Darcen. He had unloaded his horses, but kept everything ready. They were munching tall grass in what had been the corral, near the tavern. He wrestled with the question, how could the outpost best serve everyone? Dwarven directness might conflict with Chybisan rhetoric, but the political relationships were already in place. It would build up both sides if the outpost was successful, and that success would be helped if Darcen was repopulated with farmers to feed everyone.

Gerolt smiled. The plan began to form; who to talk to, and how to influence thier support. He laughed with joy as he saw families in Darcen. Men and women working hard, children running underfoot, and wagons moving up to the outpost, or back to the Genin trail. It was doable. Now, to see if the others wanted the same plan.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#326 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "Don't matter ta me where we go, so long as we can supply up and get this place lookin good so we can make it our home er I s'pose base o' opperations." the dwarf chimes into the conversation as he is off deep in thoughts of what he will need to work on the place to get it back to functional. Then he dreams of what this place could become once repaired and given some TLC.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by Rex »

New Thread up. Please post there.

viewtopic.php?p=659726#p659726

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”