Crooked Yew: Markets, business and general trades.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Crooked Yew: Markets, business and general trades.

#1 Post by Spearmint »

A farmers and trappers market is held every few days in the centre of the village where characters can buy and sell basic goods and trade any news, rumours and gossip.

Generally the villagers are of good, neutral disposition though they don't take fools kindly. Rabble rousers are as likely to find themselves stoned or pilloried or worse, driven outside and locked out to fend for themselves in the unforgiving wilderness.

Characters can announce their arrival in the village here and usually get the attention of a local to help with any need or question they have.

post in this thread for all generalised roleplay.

Attachments
Crooked Yew market days
Crooked Yew market days
HighresScreenshot00000-1920x1080-1888002456127d5ceb705a9837945a48.jpg (618.39 KiB) Viewed 497 times

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Crooked Yew: Markets, business and general trades.

#2 Post by Spearmint »

Traders from 'the far west' and Helix pass through. They can do 'no quibble-quick sale' of the trove as outlined in the Expedition thread.

For specific items, armours and weapons, you can make trades and deals.

For base supplies, goods are bought at PHB book price plus 25% and for basic armours (anything considered light) hide, padded, leathers; the cost is book price +50%.

Post here for any trades and business.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Edeldhur »

Hedrak

A feral glint sparkled in his eyes as the guard threatened Dog, but he was intelligent enough to understand it for what it was - only words. He calmly acquiesced, accepting the veiled insult, and making his way inside the settlement.

Hedrak did not know much about human villages, but he knew where the most people congregated was probably the best place to get information, so he made his way to the farmers and trappers market. He was also genuinely curious about the wares being traded, and wondered if the two conies he had caught that morning would bring him any decent barter - perhaps for information. He looked for a stall selling or trading in game, and presented one conie - "Well met vendor, would you be interested in a freshly caught conie? I am looking for information. We can barter"

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Spearmint »

Finding traders is easy enough, getting a buyer slightly harder.

Hedrak: bartering charisma check vs 10 [4d6]=11

Wandering stalls you see various home crafts being hawked, domestic skills being offered. "Teeth pulled, out in a jiffy." shouts one man waving some long pliers. "Strongest hemp rope, spliced to size, fire proof, secure knots." touts another. And so on. The rock badgers; Coneys, fattened cousins to rabbits or prairie groundhogs are not in great demand but no meat freshly caught is ever turned away.
"I am looking for information. We can barter"
"What information do you need son?" asks a trader. He takes a Coney, assessing the pelt's value and its worth for bushmeat stew. "Your dog dug him out his warren in the crags? Fine job." he muses.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Edeldhur »

Hedrak

The half-orc's eyes narrowed momentarily, but then he chuckled and affectionately pat Dog's flank - "He is a good friend" - he commented with a nod, then added - "We hunt together. And those are fresh kills" - he repeated, as if that argument alone was enough.

"I am looking for the elder Druid - I have come to pay my respects and commune" - he explained - "Can you tell me where to find him?"

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Spearmint »

Hedrak

Is pointed across the settlement to the quarter occupied by the various observational hives, some just erected recently to study the infected bees.

You can post interactions with the druids here:

viewtopic.php?p=637271#p637271

Return to “Settlement: Crooked Yew”