Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Tracks In The Desert

#761 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

His hand slips to his sword pommel

He shakes his head, replying in Ixian

"I do not speak the language of your people. Only this one. Do you understand?"

I don't think anyone in the group speaks Esquimaux-Ixian. Only Xenos speaks Ixian (Thracian). This has been a bit of a problem so far

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#762 Post by silifi »

Although Sik doesn't know Ixian proper, I think he would have at least a rudimentary understanding due to his background - not enough to converse but at least enough to pick up on basics

Sik struggles to fully understand the Ixian's tongue, but understands the point - this Ixian does not speak his tongue, or else is excellent at playing dumb.

"Very well," Sik says in the common tongue. "Tell me, Ixian, where do you come from?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#763 Post by shaidar »

Xenos replies in common

"Well, that makes things easier. Where I come from is no concern of yours. I do not answer to you. Who and what are you, a slave or a free man? Although, oddly your people seem to be both and neither here in Xambaala. You are the first I have seen dressed in this manner and speaking the common tongue."

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#764 Post by silifi »

Sik grins and spits at the Ixian's feet. "I am a free man. Does that trouble you, slaver? What business did you have there at the temple?"

Sik tightens his grip around the handle of his axe.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#765 Post by Rex »

Drest

Drest studies the ground between him and the brute, making sure he has a silent path planned in case he needs it.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#766 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

Anger flashes across his face, of an intensity his friends have not seen before.

"I am no slaver! Which temple do you speak of? Do you mean the abandoned fortress in the desert?"

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#767 Post by silifi »

Sik is taken aback by this flash of anger. He knew no Ixian masters who would have ever taken offense to such a remark, and their cruelty typically had a less heated character than this one.

"Yes, the desert fortress, palace, whatever you would like to call it. They had been using it as a temple of sorts. What business did you have with the People of Ktulu?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#768 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"The people of Ktulu? Nothing. All we found there was some of your people turned cannibal, snake-men, and murderous dwarves."

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#769 Post by silifi »

Sik bows his head solemnly. "Yes, my people... I saw what they did as well. For what purpose were you in that place, and what do you know of those... snake-men?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#770 Post by shaidar »

Xenos shrugs

"All I know is what I saw there. They used magic to appear human and to me it seemed they were in charge of the cannibals, or at least were guiding them. They came up from underground, which is where we attacked by the dwarves."

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#771 Post by silifi »

Sik's eyes widen at the mention of the sorcery used to disguise the true forms of the snake-men. He shuddered at the thought of the treacherous creatures warping the minds of his people - and to think, he might have become one of them. The thought disturbed him greatly, but he tried to maintain his composure in front of the stranger, who he did not trust.

"These foul creatures, the snake-men, you slayed them, yes? And what of my people, what did you do with them?"

Also, should I roll to see if Sik can notice any of the others around him? Currently I think all Sik can see are Xenos and Cyril.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#772 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

"Yes, they are dead. As for your people, we defended ourselves against those who attacked us, unprovoked. But most of them ran away."

I'm pretty sure you can see Akhilleus as well. Drest is the only one hiding.
Last edited by shaidar on Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#773 Post by OGRE MAGE »

shaidar wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:14 pm Xenos replies in common
"Well, that makes things easier."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kick-ass intro so far, folks! :shock: :mrgreen:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#774 Post by OGRE MAGE »

silifi wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:42 pm Also, should I roll to see if Sik can notice any of the others around him? Currently I think all Sik can see are Xenos and Cyril.
Three of them are not hidden and standing right in front of you.

I would make any rolls that you wouldn't know the outcome of. Are you suggesting that Sik would look around or use some ability during this conversation? If so, you can build something like that into your post, and I will adjudicate accordingly.

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#775 Post by silifi »

Got it, couldn't tell if he was hanging back or not.

Sik pauses and listens carefully. He thought he had seen a fourth man, but now doubted himself. He sniffs the air.

Sik then turns his attention to Cyril. "You, Cyril, was it? Do you trust the Ixian? Is this companion of yours a man of his word?" He asks, before turning to the warrior. "And you as well, warrior, do you trust him? Does he speak the truth when he denies that he is a slaver?

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#776 Post by Karaunios »

Akhilleus

The warrior's posture relaxes a bit when it looks that the conversation is being more civilized that he would've expected.

"This isn't the first time I've seen a negative reaction in him when someone mentions the topic of slavery. This Ixian looks like he might be different.

He's an honorable man. I can tell you that.

But, I wonder, given the situation of your people here, how is it that you're a free man? You said you almost mix with those following the priests. What do you know of them?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#777 Post by shaidar »

Xenos

Xenos's frown deepens as his character continues to be called into question by a complete stranger, but he says nothing for now.

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#778 Post by silifi »

Sik notices the relaxing posture of the warrior and hearing his assurances of the character of the Ixian, he responds in kind by holstering his axe on his belt.

"I am a free man because I have willed it so. As far as these priests, I did work for them. I was not... aware of the depths of their wickedness. It is good that you killed them."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#779 Post by shaidar »

Xenos laughs, a short sharp bark

"because you willed it so... You make it sound so easy and a weakness for those who have failed to achieve the same, and yet at the same time you fail to answer the question. One who admits such a dubious past questions my character. Why do you follow us? What do you want?"

silifi
Tracker
Tracker

#780 Post by silifi »

Sik glares at the Ixian, and calls back, "How I earned my freedom is no concern of yours. I do not answer to you."

Return to “Completed Missions”