OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: What's So Fun About This?

#381 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wendall's Funhouse
Making Solid Plans

Chauncey gathers his group of powerful associates in front of the stone door marked Intermediate Dungeon Training. Amun, Grimm, Elnaerel, and Waesfaren are there, along with the huge, heavy breathing crabman Luther, clacking anxiously behind them. They all stare at the plain face of the door, with its identical pair of hemispherical indentations acting as the portals magical lock and key mechanism.

At the opposite end of the room, Wake leads his team into the freezing cold hallway beyond the door he just opened via his green activation sphere. Behind him are the Princess, Feanol, Darklin, Yrias, Daisy, and the somewhat thuggish but extremely pragmatic Maag. They see the frigid hallway they are about to enter turns to the right up ahead.

In the central hallway, the bizarre looking alien Andronichishche stares into the unyielding and mysterious shimmering blue portal at the end of the short hallway, almost enticed by its swirling, misty colors and patterns. His steadfast friends Alordan, Tlachtga, Lerrick, Torbath, and Theo stand by, along with a new/old recruit Cresty, the fallen Paladin turned mercenary.

Their grey skinned leader ponders thoughtfully for a moment, before doing something that’s never been done before. He walks back towards the three headed giant, contemplating all the people and creatures they’ve encountered so far here on this crazy island. "Mr. Toni! If we can find a way to free you of your duty here, we will certainly try." To his surprise, the giant reacts to his words of kindness in a rather unexpected manner.

Toni’s head and giant body turns towards Aliendron with a perplexed look while the second head replies. “Hey! Wot’s it mean by dat den? Free? Zee mockin us?”

Jon head is heard parroting from behind. “Ya! Good one, Geez! Zee mockin us?”

Geezer head continues. “Shup back der, armless asshead! No one’s talkin ta you.”

Jon head: “Rather be an asshead then an assho…..” The rear head looks down, stops, and sighs. “Oh…ya.”

Toni head: “Actually, I think he’s being…..nice ta us. Sat roight?”

Geezer head: “Nah! Can’t be. No one’s ever nice ta us!”

There is a quiet pause as everyone in the room looks on before Toni nods his chain coiffed head in appreciation. “Thank you, little one. We’d like that…..tremendously…actually.”

Jon head ruins it again. “I say we still eats em!”

Toni and Geezer head, in unison: “Hey! Shup back der, asshead!”

Actions?

And Q, please accept a reward of 500xp and my personal gratitude for being the player who helps tie all this sea of information together so well. Always appreciated!

T Chauncey (MU4) AC:3 26/26 RM, CL, DM 3/3 1st 2/2 2nd
T Amun (F3) AC:2 33/33
T Grimm AC:5 20/20
T Elnaerel (C4) AC:3 30/30 5/5 1st 4/4 2nd
T Crabbe Luther AC:4 30/30
T Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 5/6 1st 5/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 1/1 4th

A Feanol (MU3) AC:10 14/14 RM, CL, DM 4/4 1st 2/2 2nd
A Wake (C2) AC:3 16/16 4/4 first (Light Coin)
A Princess AC:6 HP 5/5
A Darklin (F/MU3) AC:4 23/23 RM, CL, DM 2/2 1st 1/1 2nd
A Daisy (C4) AC:8 28/28 5/5 1st 3/3 2nd
A Yrias AC:5 8/8 3/3 1st RM, CL, DM 1/1 1st
A Maag AC:4 20/20

P Aliendron AC10 13/17 (CL4) 1st 1/5 2nd 1/4 (MU3) RM, CL, DM, 1st 0/2 2nd 0/1
P Theo AC:5 13/13 (Sword)
P Alordan AC3 18/22
P Torbath (M3) AC8 18/18 RM, CL, DM, 1st 2/2 2nd 1/1 (top of backpack) Comet AC:7 4/4]
P Lerrick: (C5) AC:5 26/28 1st 2/5, 2nd 5/5 3rd 2/2 (Light Stone)
P Cresty: (F2) AC:4 17/17
P Tlachtga (D4) AC7 31/31 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 3rd 2/3 (Light Stone)

These two agree to stay in the three headed giant room, in case any of you return again.
Liam (F2) AC:4 18/18
Keg (F4) AC:1 32/32

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#382 Post by Quonundrum »

Aliendron

Thanks! M. Roses's record keeping is a huge help!
https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... hp?t=10038

Andron nods in reply. "If it can be done, it will be done." Turning back, he feels the chill air emanate from the frigid hallway. Joining Wake's group, he peers through the open portal. "Mr. Maag, does this remind you of the temple? Allow me to explain ...", he says to Wake. "We discovered a buried entrance to the crypt below the temple. There was a frigid hallway much like this one. Inside was a powerful undead creature with a bone chilling touch and freezing aura that sapped all warmth. It had a hollow, hypnotizing groan. Only with spells of silence and cold resistance did we have any chance of destroying it."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"If it is another, we best be prepared. Battling undead is not my strong suit."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Daisy looks down the chilly corridor. Undead critter? Ah'll see what Ah can do iffen we meet another one.

Mr Maag- Ah think this is your time to shine.

Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alordan grips his sword a little tighter as they head off once more into the mad world of an ancient wizard. He veers around the large three headed creature as he tends to have an aversion to extremely large creatures - especially ones from the sea that bite people in half.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"Daisy, I can produce a Resist Cold or two, but the Silence spell if we need it is beyond my abilities. Can you help there?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#387 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"I could use Manalishi if need be but I doubt he is any more resistant to the undeads attacks then we are."

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag's mouth goes dry when Aliendron reminds him of the ice-cold undead. "Oh yeah...dat was bleedin' orrible. I thought dat I was a gonner dat time. Fanks for der 'eads up".

"One of yer get a bit of rope an' put it round me waist. Yer can pull me back if sumfin' freezes me".
Maag very slowly and carefully creeps down the hallway to the corner. Hugging the wall, he watches for traps as he goes. Once he reaches the corner, he takes out his mirror and peeks around the corner.

Wes

Wes raises his eyes at Aliendron's offer to help the three-headed giant. The idea of the hunter and the prey making a deal was new to him. Obad Hai! What is the Oerth coming to?

With the door in front still closed, Wes reaches into his backpack and produces the green orb. He moves to place it in one of the indentations. "Who has another?"
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by jemmus »

Theo continues his role in Andron's group as the quiet bearer of the glowing bastard sword light source.
Last edited by jemmus on Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

She offers a rope and ties it around Maag, leaning in to bear hug the large half-orc.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#391 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

Maag, give me a coin or another object. I can cast silence on it and give it to Maag. I believe that is what we did the last time myself, along with Maag and others defeated a foe like the one Andron described.

If the rest of Maag's group agrees the Lerrick will cast silence on an object of Maag's choice and then move back to her own group.

Cresty

Be careful Maag. I won't be there to pull you out of there like I did the last time. The fighter can't hide the expression of pride on his face

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by gurusql »

Wake

With the gift from Lerrick (the silence "coin"), Wake will cast Resist Cold on Maag to enter the cold area.

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#393 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

Lerrick cast silence on coin

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by Quonundrum »

Aliendron

After the basement group preparations are made, he leads the tavern group through the portal ...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#395 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Tlachtga has her light stone out and brings up the rear, expecting trouble as she moves through the portal.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by Karaunios »

Grimm and Elnaerel remain inactive, watching the conversations develop.

Yrias to Wes. "Well... I have a green orb, although a smaller one. I don't know if it fits. I'm not coming with your group, but take it it's strictly necessary, although I rather hold on to it. I feel more secure."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#397 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Karaunios wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:39 am Grimm and Elnaerel remain inactive, watching the conversations develop.

Yrias to Wes. "Well... I have a green orb, although a smaller one. I don't know if it fits. I'm not coming with your group, but take it it's strictly necessary, although I rather hold on to it. I feel more secure."
Chauncey will inspect the small orb Arias has to see if it will fit.

"No need for us to keep it, hopefully," he says, "...we merely need to gain entrance to this... training facility."

If it doesn't fit he calls out, "Anyone with an extra magic orb?! This island is lousy with orb key requirements!"

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#398 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

Soothes Gnodric as the cold is not to his liking, but moves forward with her group into the freezing passage.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

Maag takes the coin from Lerrick. "Cheers! Dis will definitely come in 'andy at some point," he says.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#400 Post by kruk »

Lerrick

The cleric smiles and nods her head at Maag...assuming that Maag was thanking her as she is not very good at reading lips. She give the half-orc a respectful bow and says a prayer for Maag's success and health. She then moves back to her party, taking a spot three behind the front of the group. She takes out her glowstone and holds it in her left hand while equipping her mace in her right hand.

Cresty

The fighter moves up to the front of the marching order of his party, equipping his bastard sword. I would be honored to take the lead if no one objects.

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”