What's So Fun About This?

OGRE MAGE
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: What's So Fun About This?

#321 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"I think that the challenge for me is that Andron and I both feel that our groups should go the Activation Station. Andron because of a belief of undead being there and me because I have three activation stones and we did actually start this mission tot he Fun House. Unless someone wants to step up and lead either Andron's group or mine I cannot think of an easy solution."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"It was only a suggestion, not an ultimatum, Mr. Wake. That said, I have no issue with leaving the activation station for your group. We can investigate the training dungeon instead, unless the other group has a strong preference for it."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"Not taking it as an ultimatum. Perhaps there is a solution of you or I joining others group. But like I was alluding to that would require a new leader on that group that lost one."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"Understood. As your group was constituted specifically for this mission, I suggest that you continue to lead them. Mr. Chauncey's group is the largest of the three, and so will likely be most suited to the dungeon. I will lead my group to investigate the pub." He moves into the center corridor to examine the shimmering blue portal more closely.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#325 Post by Ahlmzhad »

gurusql wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:04 pm Wake

"I think that the challenge for me is that Andron and I both feel that our groups should go the Activation Station. Andron because of a belief of undead being there and me because I have three activation stones and we did actually start this mission tot he Fun House. Unless someone wants to step up and lead either Andron's group or mine I cannot think of an easy solution."
"Again, I'll say we should all go to the activation station. That is the goal here, not finding out about all the ways we can die behind the doors. So I'd say we all head for activation, and if anyone doesn't want to go there they are free to go elsewhere. Splitting up is just a way to increase the chances of dying, and making it more difficult to activate more obelisks."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by sastaz »

Amun

"I don't know. On a regular day I would agree, focus your forces on one weak spot, then wrap around the flank. It's a given. But this place seems...almost unnatural. Like a dream. I don't think there's any way for us to defeat or outsmart this labyrinth, or what we're trying to do. We might as well be meant to split up. We might as well walk into a death trap all of us instead of a few of us."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by Quonundrum »

Andronichishche

"That sounds reasonable. Perhaps any drunk pub patrons of violent inclination will stumble outside for our large friends here to deal with. Mr. Wake, if you agree, please lead the way into the basement."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"Understood." With the agreement of the mob moving forward, Wake will try to place the Sea Green Sphere into the activation Station slot (e.g the basement)

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by Jernau35 »

It's only a rough calculation but, going by character levels, by my reckoning the Tavern team is about twice as powerful as the Training Dungeon team (35-ish to 18-ish). I could switch Maag and Wes but I think Maag's thief skills would be more useful in that team.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by Rex »

I agree, the groups are not even close to being balanced. The issue is without some serious re-arranging they will remain so. It is really about luck picking which door to take for which group.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by Urson »

Daisy
Ah have no idea what ya'll can do- Ah just thought you might have seen folks going in, and have some idea of how many are still there.

Daisy and Luther are both opposed to spltting up. OTOH, I agree that divide and conquer is the solution- plus, this mass of people is a logistical nightmare for OM.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"The portal is interesting, another world like before perhaps?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

After muttering something about cats, she moves forward. "Before everyone runs off into the unknown, can we have an inventory? Who has what spheres and gems? If the labels, and our friend here, are correct then taking activation spheres into the Lost Pub may be a big mistake."

"Besides, we don't even know if these other two doors will even open. Can we do that before anything?"

She looks to Chauncey and the other mages. "Does anyone have the means to communicate over distances? I know some are able to use divination to see a remote area. We could set a check-in time."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

"Excellent ideas, but I have no way to communicate over distance."

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by Quonundrum »

Aliendron

"I have the smoke mega-gem, but no activation spheres. No magic for communication, either."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by gurusql »

Wake

"I have three spheres - (1) Sea Green, (2) White and (3) Smokey Grey and no magic for communication."

Torbath

"No spheres, mega-gems or special magical communication."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#337 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

No Gems and no communications spells.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by jemmus »

Theo says nothing, because it goes without saying that the neophyte ranger has neither globe nor spell.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

"I have a sphere too. It's color is green. Sadly, at this time Obad Hai has not blessed me with any magic of that kind".

Maag

"I 'ave got a red one. An' it does not 'alf itch." Maag gives a dirty laugh. "I 'ave also got a red sphere".

"Der only magic I 'ave got is wiv der ladies!"
He grins and flexes his muscles.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by sastaz »

Amun

"I have nothing. We found something in the spider's cave, but someone else took the stone."

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”